SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hi......I'm sooooooo glad you guys are here; another one?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
rhonalee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All;
THANK GOD FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!! I salute you and bow to you; you're my heroes! Okay, another craigslist ad reply that's just not quite adding up; I've listed my girlfriends HUGE sectional couch for $1400.....this guy is inquiring through me since I listed it FOR HER, so I'm getting the replies; this morning his first email asked if it were still available. I wrote back yes and gave him the phone number to call. Then I just now checked my email and here's what I found:

"Thank you for the reply to my mail inquiry am quite satisfied with the
condition .Am very much interested and i would like to make an outright
purchase, so i will appreciate it if you can withdraw the advert from the
web. Actually am a bad stammerer I would have call you, I will be paying with a certified check. Furthermore my mover will be coming over for the pick up..as i might not be available for the pick up myself but am OK with the information from the ad. I will need the following information details to make payment arrangement 1,Your full name to be on the Payment.2 ,Your postal address.3,Your phone number both land and mobile.4,Your postal code.???? I will really appreciate it buying this item from you.So you get me the required information for your payment to be issued asap. Thank you."

Okay, so I'm not an idiot nor am I a genius, but clearly this is not an American writing this as we don't HAVE POSTAL CODES, per se, and we don't always (well, yes we do, but we aren't all scammers and don't need everything asap- NOW NOW NOW - like these idiots do) need everything RIGHT NOW, and we don't (necessarily) order people around; we DO have some measure of decorum and we DO use 'please' and 'thank you' on occasion! This is definitely a scam, right? So all I'm going to do is to politely say that "Oh gosh, I'm sorry, you missed the couch by just a few hours, it was purchased by someone who saw it yesterday" and sign off, right???????? I mean, it's FEASIBLE that this is a real person with a real problem, but life being what it is lately, I'm pretty sure this is a real person with a REAL BAD PROBLEM; he's a thief! Oy! Guess who's going to HEEEEEEEELLLL! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Shocked His name is 'WILLIAMS PERRON'.........does it ever help you guys when I get these kinds of scammers and turn them over to you? I can't do what you do (I will when I'm able, though!!), so does it help, or are you 'full up' with perps out there?

Thanks, Heroes!!
Rhona!!
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

rhonalee wrote:
This is definitely a scam, right?

Yes it sure is. If you sent him your name and addy he would send you a fake cheque for more than the amount specified. The victim is then told to send this access back to them by Western Union or Moneygram sometimes the victim is allowed to keep a percentage of the access as a reward for being so flexible. The cheque then bounces a few weeks down the line when some smart arse realises it is worthless and the bank then expect you to cover the cost of this cheque. Some people who haven't been able to cover the cost of such bad cheques have ended up in jail.

We wouldn't bait him outright as he may have some personal info on you and we wouldn't want it coming back on you but we bait such scammers on here so sooner or later he will probably get what is coming to him Smile

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam.

Clues:

1. All the ones you mentioned
2. Wants to pay with a certified check. Check will be bad, but your bank won't be notified for many days...long after you withdrew the money and sent part of it to him via Western Union (or some other means) to pay for the "pickup" (which, of course, won't ever happen).
3. Won't talk on the phone because he's a mugu from Nigeria.
4. His name. "Williams"??? Lads often screw up Western names because they don't know what they are really supposed to look like, so they get letters in the wrong place.

I would love to bait him - I've got a hankering to bait Craigs List scammers, because they are off our radar since they're not sending the usual email scams, and the only way we can reel them in is by posting a fake Craig's List ad. But the problem is that he has your real email addy.

Editing to add: I see someone beat me to this. Wink

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That reply would work if you were selling a nuclear warhead or a family of gerbils.

Look here from May of last year

http://pr-me.blogspot.com/2008/04/integrated-scam-craigslist-proves.html

Scammers are clearly just posting this exact reply to as many entries as possible and hoping to catch a few victims.

I'll post it across at Scamwarners in case anyone does a google search on it.

It's a bit like throwing a brick into a crowd - you're bound to hit someone. Shocked

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
rhonalee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh you guys are GREAT! I'm loving this; pretty soon I'll HAVE to join up with you and do some serious damage to these MUGU MOUTHS; freaking freaks; gimme a break! Piss me right off! They're wasting my time; I say let's waste THEIRS! Pigs. I should reply to 'iffy' emails with a different email account. Please don't agree with me otherwise I'll panic and get all paranoid and start putting up firewalls and phishing nets and extra security guards and I'll X myself right off the Internet completely; especially since even though I'm a '7' on the PC, when it comes to settings, I'M NOT ALLOWED TO MESS WITH THEM! (and there's a reason for that!) Embarassed welllllllllllllll......................

I just told the guy it was sold. And how amazing that blog above; weird. Too bizarre for me since I honestly like to see the GOOD in people, and am the most naive cynic in the Universe! But I believe that what you present is WHO YOU ARE; since that's what I DO! So why wouldn't YOU?

You'd think I was 12 years old or something; and I saw the Beatles debut on Ed Sullivan; I BARELY remember it, but I DEF SAW IT!!!

I get smacked around this life alot by focking people; oops, not by focking people, but by people, who suck. sock. ! You know what I mean. Imagine being duped into a million of the same situations over and over and over again while truly believing yourself to be an intelligent person! ugh.

thanks guys, and ok, intelli person wants to know: what's 419 stand for? should I know? Shocked Confused Laughing
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome!419 comes from the section of Nigerian penal code regarding advance fee fraud.It has come to refer to any advance fee fraud whether originating in Nigeria or not.
I was a few years younger,but I remember the Beatles debut on Ed Sullivan also.Never did understand why all those girls were fainting Laughing

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't think for one minute rhonalee that we're all surfer doods here. Some of us here remember life before the Beatles. Very Happy

I personally think of Lads (as we call them) as a bunch of hooligan chipmunks who see a bubblegum machine and try every means to get at the gum, hammering at it and bouncing up and down on it, without much thought, until they find a method that works.

It's a primitive cunning that's devised by trial and error. Sometimes a smart one comes along, or get they get some aid from one of their bright buddies, but I can only think of them as vermin that disrupt and debase any system or legitimate platform that they get involved in.

I've never used Craig's List, but it's a wonder that it serves any useful purpose with so many scammers spamming fraudulent offers all over it. It isn't the fault of Craig's List, which serves a useful purpose, but it's a shame that there isn't an easy way to fumigate the place of these roaches.

Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We've actually used Craig's List to successfully sell a number of items. Of course, we had to weed through all the rediculous scam emails to find the real ones. And the only reason that's so easy for me is because I'm a baiter, so I can smell a lad from a mile away.

I've been seriously thinking about posting some fake Craig's List ads, to reel a few in. I just don't think they're getting the attention they deserve...and they are probably more successful, on a percentage-of-victims-per-emails-sent basis, than NOK scams, which at this point are generally only believed by the most sheltered, oblivious humans. If you look at all the comments left by people on that link, you can see that there are reasonably intelligent people almost falling for this scam all the time! It's just so much more believable than some crooked banker from Africa emailing you out of the blue that he wants to split $27 million dollars belonging to a dead diplomat with you.

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome! Well done for spotting the scam Smile Now stick around and get a taste for baiting - it's a pleasant way to spend your time in a fantasy world and being useful at the same time. And no, we're far from a bunch of screaming kids here - for every Slightly there's a Gomer (2 of the regular and most excellent baiters here), and there's plenty in the middle - everyone is most welcome if they share the goal of restoring some honest justice in the world.
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's always so obvious when scammers reply. They ALWAYS call whatever they're buying "the item" or "the merchandise", (even if it's a horse) since they merely copy and paste all their replies..

And yeah, the names. I think they use a British telephone book, but don't understand English names so copy them backwards or just get them wrong: e.g. "Brain" instead of Brian. Idiots.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Re names: they also seem to get them backwards a lot, using last names for first names and vice versa. I've had lengthy baits with "Smith Peter" and "Jones Ronald". Sometimes you can get them to switch back and forth within the same bait - if a baiter starts out as "Harrold Williams", start calling him "Williams Harrold" and he'll magically become Williams Harrold! Laughing

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachuma wrote:
if a baiter starts out as "Harrold Williams", start calling him "Williams Harrold" and he'll magically become Williams Harrold! Laughing

The customer is always right Smile
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome rhonalee! Very Happy You seem to have real good instincts for a baiter.

Yup, set up some email addresses that aren't tied to you. Don't worry about being paranoid, I have that all wrapped up. Wink

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What the others said, you can respond to a craigslist scammer just the same as a lad from surplus. They certainly are sending them in mass and have no idea what you have for sale, nor do they care.

I once got one that said "Is the (enter name of item here) still available?"

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be fun selling a Lad a Pershing cruise missile. Laughing

I did visit a site yesterday that had some great military documents on it - one was a test sheet for marking how well a soldier had done on a camouflage test (it included things like whether his muzzle flash was visible during the test) and i'm sure there were some about missiles too.

A screen print and some chopping to make it useless for a Lad to re-use and it could be insane making a Lad fill in a form to get the access code to a cruise missile.

Of course you'd mention that the plutonium had been removed from the warhead, You don't want it to be ridculous - do you ? Laughing

Mister X
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

best option is to get an Gmail.com account..

the LADs are not been able to track your IP adress with Gmail emails.

GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sod it - let's see if he's interested in a used cruise missile. Laughing

I have a couple of addresses for him

billye502@gmail and billye103@gmail

from here

http://craigslistscammer.blogspot.com/2008/05/craigslist-scam-requires-new-blog.html

He or his buddies ar still hard at work. Will they worry when I offer free delivery if they supply GSP co-ordinates ? Laughing

rhonalee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I say get right on Craigslist and GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!! You guys could absolutely CLEAN UP on Craigslist and PROBABLY RUN THOSE MUTTHAS OFF THAT SITE FOREVA! I DOUBLE DARE YOU to list a cruise missle; just hope that it doesn't pop up on the CUA's (Central Unintelligent Agency's) computer as CODE RED KEYWORD, REPEAT, CODE RED KEY WORD POSTED BY BILLY, REPEAT, BILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you guys a 'covert' operation (what am I, an enlisted man all of a sudden??????????) OR would it be a good or VERY BAD idea to 'announce your presence'???????? I mean, I've told a bunch of my friends about you all (don't worry, I don't have many friends Smile but Joe Schmoe the non-criminal out there with minimal thought-processing skills (we DO live in Florida; please keep that in mind!) would get duped in a Tallahassee minute! (which is like a year everywhere else in the country!).......So I wish there were some way I could let the 'yahoos' (no offense, not really) know that there are SUPERHEROES OUT THERE who will slay that dragon; so they need to keep a keen eye open and turn the perps over to you guys.

But I still say, BAIT EM ON CRAIGSLIST! I don't know why Craigslist would have a problem with that, but then again, I don't know why most people would have a problem with most of the things they DO have a problem with!!!!!!!!!

By the way; I'll take a half dozen of them thar missles, WHAT THE SAM HELL IS PLUTONIUM? Is that what Superman Drinks fer brekfest? Well, I'll send you one of them that casheer's cheks and you send it to my cousin's best friend's second cousin once removed but divorced and remarried twice in Utah; do it asap and I'll screw you asasasasaasasappppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Johnsons Elaine Mr. Cool
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay - so I had to tune it down, as I couldn't find a picture of a Cruise Missile, that didn't look like a Cruise Missile, so I decided to sell him a Boxer Carrier - which you have to admit could be anything. Very Happy

Quote:
Dear Sir

I am delighted that you have decided to purchase my Boxer Carrier.

I have withdrawn the advert as you request and would ask that you re-confirm details of the generous offer you made, as I don't want to be involved with time wasters.

As you are aware this model is second hand and I will send you various photos in dfferent situations so that you can see how handy it is after you have pledged your sincerity.

Please let me know if you have experience with this product as it is not the sort of thing made available to the general public and I hesitate to allow this to fall into the hands of an amateur. Could you please also confirm that you are not Russian, Chinese or a terrorist, or a known enemy of the United States of America.

I look forward to hearing from your shortly when I hope we can conclude this transaction.

Best Regards

Bertie W00ster

I'll use some military forms to ensure he possesses the necessary competencies to handle this vehicle and that he has no anti USA tendencies.

hoorah
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle wrote:
Okay - so I had to tune it down, as I couldn't find a picture of a Cruise Missile, that didn't look like a Cruise Missile, so I decided to sell him a Boxer Carrier - which you have to admit could be anything. Very Happy

Quote:
Dear Sir

I am delighted that you have decided to purchase my Boxer Carrier.

I have withdrawn the advert as you request and would ask that you re-confirm details of the generous offer you made, as I don't want to be involved with time wasters.

As you are aware this model is second hand and I will send you various photos in dfferent situations so that you can see how handy it is after you have pledged your sincerity.

Please let me know if you have experience with this product as it is not the sort of thing made available to the general public and I hesitate to allow this to fall into the hands of an amateur. Could you please also confirm that you are not Russian, Chinese or a terrorist, or a known enemy of the United States of America.

I look forward to hearing from your shortly when I hope we can conclude this transaction.

Best Regards

Bertie W00ster

I'll use some military forms to ensure he possesses the necessary competencies to handle this vehicle and that he has no anti USA tendencies.

I hear the security forms are quite long for items like that. Quite long.
rhonalee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will ship this priority mail USPS and will send it ASAP! I will cash your cashier's check when world peace emerges and pigs start to fly, then I'll come track your sorry Mugu ass down and like an idiot, you'll probably stand in front of your precious TANK and, well, that's not such a great idea.

It's been done already and it failed.

I suggest you go back to seeking out cameras, crafts and sofas.

And PLEASE, continue to write your name as 'Brain' and if you're VERY LUCKY, you might actually grow one. In the meantime, you remain blissfully ignorant and YOU'RE SCREWING WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE! WE'RE AMERICANS; AND WHEN WE REALLY WHIP OURSELVES INTO A FRENZY; WE BECOME PATRIOTIC AMERICANS WHO WOULD STAND UNITED AND SQUISH THE LIKES OF YOU LIKE A Nigerian bug.........which I hear are quite deadly and stupid!

C'mon Genius, give it your best shot; WE'RE SO ONTO YOU YOU HAVE NO IDEA! And Please, try to access MY bank account, sweets; you'll be in for A GREAT BIG SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!! Smile While you're there, please pay my negative balance, you LAD..............(whatever that stands for; LAZY ASSHOLE DUDE; LIKES A DEAL; LOOKS ALMOST DEVILISH; LONGEVITY A DUD; LEAVES A DOO-DOO AND DOESN'T PICK UP AFTER HIMSELF!

okay, I'm going back to do some serious work now...no really, seriously........

your post reminded me of when I livedin San Diego and that weirdo stole a tank from the Armory and destroyed an entire neighborhood, then got into rush hour traffic, and at one point, tried to cross the CONCRETE center divide to go for the ONCOMING TRAFFIC (SMART MOVE!) but got hung up............aw, shucky darn! They just popped the top and BAM! blew his brains all over the place.

Guess they had no choice to assess the situation or to listen to an explanation from a psychopath! Would YOU??????????

oY!
WHATTA WORLD.

Stop, let me off!
xxRhona
rhonalee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oooops, sorry, typo.

They (the cops) opened the hatch and blew his BRIANS all over the place.

My bad.
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yoiu have a very interesting writing style rhona. Very Happy

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
rhonalee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crying or Very sad dear blah Crying or Very sad

So I've heard!

It comes naturally, trust me; and I think you do!!! Shocked Shocked

I yam what I yam........just wish I could make some $$$$$$ writing; what kind of style do you think it might be called??????? Question
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha it wasn't meant to be an insult! Quite the contrary actually! Very Happy

I think if I had to put a name to your style, I would call it "eccentric".

Very Happy

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic