SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Some interesting info regarding the computer world.....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=0

If the above link is true, then:

*Steven Ballmer hates the 32.45% of people who don't use IE which usually involves him murdering you in your sleep.
*8.29% of those people don't know the difference between a good browser and a bad one

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=8

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/os-market-share.aspx?qprid=9&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qptimeframe=M&qpsp=97&qpnp=25

If the above link is also true, then:

*Apple's multi million dollar advertising campaign has netted them a grand total of a 4.03% increase in market share including the 0.48% from the iPhones. So to anyone who meets some Mac Evangelist claiming Apple is taking over show this to them if you want to see their hearts explode.

*0.48% of them all are willing to pay exorbitantly high prices for old technology with a shiny new face.

*Linux is raising in popularity, but unfortunately not popular enough to hit a whole percent.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A man with one watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

One factor I didn't see commented on is that it depends on which website is doing the tracking. Care to guess how often IE users visit a site related to esoteric web-design techniques?

http://safalra.com/website/web-browser-market-share/

The 8.29% using Safari is interesting. It is almost exactly the same as MacOSX share. It points to the fact that about 90% of people will use the browser that comes with the machine and not even think of changing. If we subtract 90% from IE's share they've got nothing; we could say that anyone who makes a choice, does not choose IE, but that's being a bit unfair.

In the Operating Systems world, to invoke the third form of lying, MacOS share has increased over 50% in the last two years, while Linux share has doubled.

So Linux takes over the world in about thirteen years. Wink

Here's the wikipedia page for OS share:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

Note that anyone still using Windows 2000 or older is now down to the single percent level. WinServer2003 is stationary and Vista is only winning at the expense of other Windows versions.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Al Roberts
Admin Plaything

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am a Mac user and I do believe that Apple sales are increasing. However Apple is never going to take over the market. Microsoft will be the favorite because of pricing. Unless Apple release a cheep system for businesses.

However Apple are better at some things than Microsoft. It depends what your doing. As for Steve Ballmer he is crazy. I do agree with you but at the end of the day it depends what you are doing. If you are a music producer or video editor then get a Mac. If you need a good office computer for your secretary get a Dell.

Regards Linux I use Debian as a home server and I can see Linux coming up and taking over a large percentage of the market in the years to come.

Linux is great and free, something a lot of people could benefit from.

Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Don't forget that PCs can be good audio editing machines as well. I've seen some good music come out of a PC. www.ocremix.org is full of it actually.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Al Roberts
Admin Plaything

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree. PC's can be good, however at the top end of the market almost every professional will use a Mac. Not them all but most will.

I love Windows XP and I use Windows 7 too and I like it. Its just Vista that sucks. I use OS X because of my work. I need to be able to emulate many different environments. Using VMware Fusion I can do that. Sure I could do it on a PC using VMware Workstation but the PC can not handle this type of usage as well. This is a prime example of a Mac being better.

Going back to a PC I use them everyday as my work system. I do run it in a Virtual Machine but I need Windows to be able to write software for windows systems. At work I use pretty much all Microsoft's products. But I need to combine it with a Mac environment too. Thats what is really neat about Mac's. They integrate so well in a mainly Windows dominated market. Without this my work would be utter chaos. We would need 10+ servers rather than just the 5 we run.

Now going back to Linux the servers we run are Linux. Again another combination. This kind of combination is fantastic. It allows our company network to really accept anything, what ever OS you throw at us. We accept it all.

Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fair enough. At least you aren't like the local granola heads in my neighborhood Starbucks. I do believe people should stop using PC to describe a computer running Microsoft though. The term PC means personal computer, and the fact that Mac Evans use this term just reflects their holier-than-thou attitude that people get annoyed with. Macs are PCs too you know.....

Al Roberts
Admin Plaything

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, Your 100% right there . A PC is a Personal Computer which covers any OS under the sun.

I don't think we have a proper word for a Microsoft computer or a Linux computer in the English language anyway.

If there is not one we should invent one Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic