SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

An idea for a twist on m7cn sec. - neverending captcha?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
hoorah
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glorafilia wrote:

Actually, if someone wanted to go a step further, you could make up a website with passphrases that the baiter sets up. In order to get the MTCN, the scammer would have to answer a number of questions, such as

I like this spin on it. Or, you could make the questions rather simple and related to the bait (like the passphrase you give him), but make it so that when he answers the questions, the questions give a "CORRECT!" response, but the captcha fails.

So, he thinks its legit, and that he's answering the questions properly, its just those damnned letters are so hard to read!

Im trying to think of how to balance the scammer saying "Wait, this aint right, its completely random" and "I'm almost there!!!!!!"
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love this idea.

Make it one captcha for each digit of the MTCN, with the first few being easy and then becoming gradually more difficult. Of course the last one is impossible; by that point it will be so ambiguous he wont know we're cheating. He can see the MTCN building on the screen, if he could only get those last four captchas right.

Of course, every time he makes a mistake, he's locked out and he has to start from the beginning.

Maybe this time he'll get all ten? Oops! Only five this time.

You want to keep him busy, so have the timeout counting down on the screen. First time 15 seconds and double it each time. If he logs in again, it just remembers that he has a lockout, and starts the period again. Oops maybe that's a bug, Western Union are looking at it. The only way to reset the time is to resend the money.... So you could take the boat over to the mainland and spend all day at the WU office, or he could just wait 2 hours like a good boy and get it right this time.

... Except, of course, the website logs him out automatically after an hour and a half.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Mr Wang
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like this idea, you could also pad the pictures up a bit so they take a while to load. Clicky for more info Smile

Closed lad accounts x 3ish?
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Joy:
http://www.captcha.cc/index.html?submit

I'm busy working on the garden tomorrow and already have plans for another baiting job on Sunday.

If no one else picks this one up I'll get on it when my time allows. I've already got it worked out how to do it in my head, it's just sitting down and making it.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

www.captcha.cc wrote:
Hash algorithm used to secure your captcha.

I laugh now every time I see the word "Hash".

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Vulcan
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

leccy wrote:
That's a great idea Very Happy

It could be made so it fails all the time and tells you the error.. like the 2 was a Z or vice versa Laughing Also symbols from the greek alphabet could be a nice addition.

I love this idea!! Every once so often (but not too often, perhaps every 3rd captcha code they try) have one character in the captcha that can usually only be accessed through character map or unicode, like æ, Ö, ж , ﻕ, Ω, ŏ... etc. Basically any character that is not immediately accessible on a nigerian keyboard. It should cause a lot of frustration.

Twisted Evil

"i can only understand that you are the worse big idiot in the whole univers. for your information this fund is real,anyway you are only a compand fool ,as your generation will roit in hell . really i sent some one to bobe because i am real"
hoorah
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now if we get this to work, the thing we'd have to convince the lad is that "I don't have the M7CN".

If they think we have it, but are making them jump through these hoops for "security", they'll just say "No, trust me, its okay, just send the M7CN through email, its fine, I promise, I don't lie, yada yada yada...."

So we'd have to make it believeable that the western union office did this. Maybe print out a transfer form, edit it, and where the M7CN line is, make it say "For security, please visit www.fakesite.com/m7cnretrieve.html"

We could also steal some scripts/dialogue from bank websites, paypal, etc, that say "You should NEVER send personal details by email, email is not secure, ....." you get the idea.

The scammers I'm sure are aware of all the "dont send crap by email" lingo, they'd totally believe it.
Opps I crapped my pants
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate captchas thinking about them useing one that never works makes me feel all warm and sunny inside!???

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Closed lad accounts X22

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE AND PLEASE I NEED THE MONEY FOR MY SON TO CLEAR THE HOSPITAL BILL
Tamagotchi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would suggest that you stick with the English alphabet and add in the German umlauts (ä and ö and ü), always ensuring that one of the three appears in every captcha. Smile

Captchas are 'easier' to read in lower case (i.e. 'i' or 'j') when you have the little dot at the top of the letter to guide you.

Hopefully two dots won't make it too confusing for the Lads. Image
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Creating the captchas is hard.

That link will get you captchas, Windy, but only of fixed difficulty.

Caveat: I don't do php or any other server-side scripting, but I can do Google.

Here's a perl plugable module for most of the hard work:

http://search.cpan.org/~jvanasco/Authen-PluggableCaptcha-0.05/lib/Authen/PluggableCaptcha.pm

but its render section is said to be proof-of-concept only. At least that cuts the work down somewhat.

Here's a renderer. I don't know if the two are compatible:

http://annocpan.org/?mode=search&field=Module&name=GD%3A%3ASecurityImage

If you prefer to work in PHP, here is a php module that seems to be very popular, is very short, and may be customisable to do what we want:

http://www.white-hat-web-design.co.uk/articles/php-captcha.php

Or this one is highly customisable:

http://www.phpcaptcha.org/captcha-gallery/

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hoorah wrote:
make a site that has horribly impossible to read captcha code

done: http://recaptcha.net/

then abuse API: true=false, false=false
http://recaptcha.net/apidocs/captcha/
http://recaptcha.net/resources.html

.. ("nothing is ever true")
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic