SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Craigslist apartment scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LagosKid
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've gotten this jackass to already Federal Express a "Certified Check" to me twice. (A safe address) I've been baiting him from 2 other accounts too. He's so fun, I thought I'd share the lad. Below is his initial script that he used to reply to my legitimate Room for Rent ad.
Have fun and please let me share your bait with me!
Spaces below are added. kelly(underscore)jackson yahoo

From: ke ll y Jac k son ( k el ly_jack [email protected] )
Medium riskYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Wed 12/31/08 5:38 PM
To: [email protected]

Hi Host,
I am a lawyer in AFRICA and would be coming down to the states in a couple of weeks and i am looking for an apartment to stay for the time i would be spending which is going to be about 4 months.
The bills for the apartment would be paid by my client who recides in the UK but has his family in the states so he would be coming around soon,so i would like you to get back to me immediately you have received this mailso that we can conclude on the terms and conditions of the apartment.
THANKS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU.
love kelly.
Revarious
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ooo looks tasty. i will fire off a hook for him.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He's a lot of fun. I only wish he really did need a place to stay. Id love to bait him from one room over and hear him race out the door to the Western Union office every two hours.
Revarious
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

that would be pretty epic tbf

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok i baited the hook with this.

Quote:
Howdy there,
Sorry for the late reply, but i have been out of the country for about 5 months, and have only just returned. I notice you are looking for a place to stay. Well sir, would it by any chance be in Texas? i am the owner of a small oil and petroleum company known as 3MU fuels. I think i would be able to help you with your situation. Also i noticed you are a lawyer. Maybe while you are here i would be able to hire you? money is no object. Please forward me any relevant details and i shall see what can be done.

Regards,
Mik3 Ump3nc3
3MU fuels C3O

and have got this back

Quote:
Hi Mik3,
I am looking for an apartment to stay when i come over to the states,i want you to me with the breakdown of the rent for the apartment so that i can issue a check to that effect,also i would like you to send me an address i can post the check to for cashing.
Would be glad to work for you as well so far you can pay for my services,lol.I would be ordering for some goods to be brought to the apartment as well.Nice hearing from you though.Please get back to me asap.
love k3lly.

anyone got advice on apartment prices? i have no idea what they are in texas?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, since you're an oil tycoon, and the lad would be staying in your 1 bedroom poolhouse complete with private bath /kitchen/ and daily maid service. I think 1500.00 should be adequate .
LagosKid
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He sends me checks for $3200 for some reason. Hopefully you have a safe address and you can get him to Fed Ex the check.
This guy is great! I'm working on him on a new account as we speak.
Miss Behave
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Lagoskid, how do you set up fake address ? Is it just a local P.O. Box or what ? Just trying to learn.
GSN_fan
Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For apartment prices, say $500 a month for a 1-bedroom apartment. I don't live in Texas, but I assume they are cheaper than California apartments.

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Revarious
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the advice guys. @lagoskid no i dont have a safe adress to use yet. ill try and get one asap

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That (lad) first reply is 100% cut and paste ..... if you want a fake cheque just play it straight and go along with everything he asks ..... keep your answers short and sweet.

This lad is, more than likely, a Street Lad who passes his victims address details up a chain of command . .... I suggest a straight bait until you have a Tracking Number for the cheque that you can confirm, and then turn it into whatever bait you want ... and watch the quality of English go severely downhill Smile

<Promotion> ....turn you eatername Orange and get access to some established drop boxes.

LagosKid
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Spot is 100% right. This guy is crude enough in his technique that he will FedEx a fake check right up front and hope you wire him the "change".
If you play it real straight and normal, he'll spend the money to send the check.

Then its fun to watch him start to panic. He never threatens me at the end, only promises to report me to the Federal Authorities for scamming HIM!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic