SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Baiter baiting?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Proto419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This one looked odd to me, and I don't like the idea of a "baiter" baiting me, so here goes:

FEDEX COURIER SERVICE.
DELIVERY DEPARTMENT.
48 AIRPORT ROAD,
ABUJA.
NIGERIA.
WEST AFRICA.

Dear Rev Fl@tus M@ximus,

How are you today?.I received your email,along with your contact details.Regarding your package with FedEx.We have been wating to hear from you for a very long time now,hope all is well with you?.

In the letter sent to you by the FedEx Online Management Team Mrs.Mandy Blaire,hope you were made aware that there is a Security Keeping Fee of $215USD,which you have to pay to enable us deliver your package to you?.

The security keeping fee is necessary because we really do not know when exactly you will be contacting us for the collection of your package.And more so to avoid the problem of missing package.

Note that all other charges,included VAT & Shipping charges as well as Insurance fees have been paid,before your package was registered with us.You are only to pay for the security keeping of your package,which is $215USD.

Below is the information of our account clerk which you are to send the payment to.

Account Clerk: Frank Richards
Address : 48 Airport Road,
Abuja, Nigeria.

You are to send the payment via any Western Union Money Transfer/Money Gram
outlet close to you.

As soon as you are done with the payment,you are to send the following payment details to me.

Sender's Name :
Amount Sent :
(MTCN) Money Transfer Control Number :

The delivery of your package commence to you,as soon as payment for your package Security Keeping Fee have been confirmed by our account clerk.Note that is you get the payment send today,your package will get to you at the most on Thursday this week.

Have a Blessed day. Please call me anytime you need assistance.

I await your payment details as soon as possible.

Mr.Charles Brown.
+234 -703 686 9999.
Dispatch Director.
All rights reserved.©1995-2008 FedEx.

I know I "ordered" this one, but I think this may be "baiter baiting". Please respond.

Thank you.
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Proto419!

What makes you think a baiter is baiting you? Sounds pretty typical to me.

Do you have headers?

Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate to say it but it looks like an amatuer baiter pretending to be a lad, and doing a really shitty job of it, while there are indeed some lad mannerisms in there, they are not consistent.

Badgers are a very rare, almost extinct animal, who's only purpose in life is to spend their days living in the basement with no friends besides their right hand, even left wont have them.

Chances are it's not one but I can see why there are questions.

As Dora said, post up the header and we will get a much better idea

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Funny, looking at the punctuation and grammar it reminds me off Mr F. Focker. I highly doubt it though.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What was the context of this email? it looks like it came out in the midst of an ongoing bait.

If you have already been discussing a mysterious package with high value, currently held by a shipping company, I see a lot of things that very much resemble standard lad messages concerning the collection of a consignment (not an extremely large fee to be paid, explanation that many other fees have already been paid in advance, generic recipient name and request for WU/MG, urgent deadline, nigerian mobile number). The "shipper" character in such a scam never "knows" the contents of the package, so the vagueness here is to be expected).

If this message came out of nowhere, this particular message would be more unusual (although check to see whether it may relate to one of your ongoing baits).

The lack of spaces after . , and the use of ?. is very distinctive but this doesn't necessarily signal anything unusual (I've had lads do this before). just wondering what gave you the idea this might not be a lad?

Anyway, as others have mentioned, email headers would be useful in answering this question.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why not just call the number and see if he answers?

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Proto419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How do I get a header from gmail webmail? I understand it is easy with regular POP3 mail, but is it possible with webmail?
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When you're looking at the email, look over to the right. Next to the reply button there is a little arrow. When you click it you get a drop down menu. Choose "show original" and the whole text, including header, will pop up in a new window.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It can't be done with Gmail webmail.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Proto419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ima, Thanx.

Here is what I got:

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.151.85.21 with SMTP id n21cs240814ybl;
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:11:04 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.48.14 with SMTP id v14mr1646316wfv.79.1234829463241;
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:11:03 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from bay0-omc2-s9.bay0.hotmail.com (bay0-omc2-s9.bay0.hotmail.com [65.54.246.145])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 27si13697814wff.48.2009.02.16.16.11.02;
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:11:03 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.54.246.145 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.54.246.145;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.54.246.145 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from BAY112-W31 ([64.4.26.131]) by bay0-omc2-s9.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:10:27 -0800
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_d11fed4c-1cf7-4cc9-bdef-9d07d18b1d35_"
X-Originating-IP: [213.185.118.194]
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Your FedEx Package(Rev Flatus Maximus)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 01:10:27 +0100
Importance: Normal
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 17 Feb 2009 00:10:27.0725 (UTC) FILETIME=[2338BBD0:01C99094]

--_d11fed4c-1cf7-4cc9-bdef-9d07d18b1d35_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I presume that "X-Originating-IP: [213.185.118.194] " is the operable line?
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, you're right, it's this line: X-Originating-IP: [213.185.118.194]

If you plug it into an IP tracing tool you'll get Nigeria.

This is a tool we use a lot here. You can copy/paste the whole header into it: http://headertool.apelord.com

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011

Last edited by Ima Baeder on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Per: http://headertool.apelord.com/

213.185.118.194 Nigeria (Bénin)

Very Happy

ETA: Dang. Beaten by Ima! Wink

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't see anything unusual with the format. Looks like typical lad mail to me.

I don't understand why you think otherwise so I must be missing something.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
TheLovelyJill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
which you have to pay to enable us deliver your package to you?.

The syntax here, and of the rest of the email, is typically Western.

Upspeak at its finest.

Your father was a coward and your mother a fagot - Barr G0ldsmith
You be jail soon let wait and see........ P0ntus
I no longer want to involve you in this transaction since I am beginning to see your cunny part.
i wasn't fucking gay until i married you - MM

- Trafalgar Square 2013
Golden Pith - Hector co-bait
Safari - Mr Ayo - Lagos-Porto-Novo (probably x3) "You lier. I will not for-give Because you waste my money. you lier."
Closed lad accounts x 236 Mortar Easter Egg 2011
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TheLovelyJill wrote:

Upspeak at its finest.

I had to look this up?

Eater never ceases to amaze me? Laughing

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
ramsey
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe we have been sprung and the lads are fighting back. I have received numerous request to complete forms out of the blue which I thought was a bit weird.

Closed lad accounts x11
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, given that most scam mails are weird to begin with, I'm curious how you came up with that. Wink

There aren't lads out there who work to counter baiters; you may get a smart ass, but lads are lads - they do this for money.

The IP traces back to a lad; it is a lad. Just an ordinary lad, and nothing more nefarious.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ramsey wrote:
I believe we have been sprung and the lads are fighting back. I have received numerous request to complete forms out of the blue which I thought was a bit weird.

Post them up with headers of course.

Don't get paranoid, I already have that own cold! Wink

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsnerd wrote:
nefarious.

Have you been playing with your thesaurus again?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Only when I'm sure nobody is watching.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I must admit that when I saw this thread I couldn't work out why the mail wasn't just seen as standard Lad scam crap.

Some Lads do get their formats from well educated contacts who often write in a form which appears 'authentic' though often, even then, it is a stilted or old-fashioned form.

When dumb Lads try their hands at formats the results can be hilarious and mind numbing.

Quote:
SILVESILVERLOANOFFER
768BV OFF OSUMA ROCK
ABUJA
NIGERIA
45UJ AIR POT POTHARCUT
NIGERIA

This one can't even spell locations in his own country. Shocked

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic