SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Presidents Day (?)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
spot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are our friends on the West side of the pond celebrating "the office of President"? (President's Day), or all of them? (Presidents' Day)

Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We celebrate Washington and Lincoln today, as they were considered the greatest leaders. Smile

ETA: Here is a little background. http://www.patriotism.org/presidents_day/

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
SalmonSam
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't know America had a President's Day....
spot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So ....if the celebrations are for more than one President surely it should be spelt "Presidents' Day".

bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm celebrating Barristers' Day over here Wink

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is a holiday in the sense that the banks are closed and the postal service isn't delivering mail. Government offices and agencies are closed as well.

Where I work, we don't have it off. We have Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day off, as well as Thanksgiving and "Black Friday". We also shut down for the Chirstmas holidaze; time off with pay that isn't charged against our vacation/PTO balances.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
vaultdweller
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Trust me, one day, it will just be "President Day".

I have written Han because at Russian people so name beloveds. This word is meant by the leader. Also associates with force, courage, riches. Han this historical name of the man. Now I cannot write the big letter as I do not have money to the Internet. - N@t@ly@

'you most be a fool mother f*****' 'am not in a good mud now' 'i dont need can of man like you' -b3cky t|mmy

''lol ur my kid of huy will like too f*** u till u come - luvdoc

'yahoozeeeeeeeeeeeee' : secret word FOR SCAMMERS ONLY!
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

spot wrote:
spelt

You whacky Brits and your spelling..........

Over here it's "spelled".
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am weighting for A Skyhook to way in on this discustion. Rolling Eyes Mad Arrow

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Harry Bawls wrote:
spot wrote:
spelt

You whacky Brits and your spelling..........

Over here it's "spelled".

Yeah, "spelt" over here is some kind of grain that people who are gluten-intolerant make bread out of.

My roommate has today off, the first time in her four years with her current employer. I suppose the company decided it was cheaper to pay for a holiday than to pay the utilities to actually run the plant.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it is to celebrate the birth of more than one president. Therefore it is Presidents (more than one, i.e., plural) not a day that is owned by any president or presidents (which would be posessive). Very Happy

pres·i·dent [prézzid’nt]
(plural pres·i·dents)
n

[14th century. Via French président from, ultimately, Latin praesidere (see preside).]

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

edited for pedanticness Embarassed

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
spot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Who is america.gov ?? .... is this a reputable site ???

Quote:
In 1971, Congress fixed Washington's Birthday and a number of other holidays on Mondays, to create long holiday weekends. Because a number of states (but not the federal government) also officially celebrate the February 12 birthday of Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president, many Americans have come to believe -- incorrectly -- that the third Monday of February is a consolidated "Presidents' Day" honoring both Washington and Lincoln, and indeed all U.S. presidents. Many states designate the holiday as Presidents’ Day, and merchants offer Presidents' Day sales.

http://www.america.gov/st/diversity-english/2008/February/20080214182328liameruoy0.3151819.html

doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If this is branching into the unacceptable I apologize in advance to the mods,But this is another great example of the loss of the meaning of a holiday,in the persuit of a 3 day weekend.I really think the politicians would change Christmas and Easter if they could get away with it.I'm old enough to remember the dates of Lincoln an Washingtons birthdays,As well as the date of Armistice day,that has somehow morphed into Veterans Day on a Monday,all the better for sales when people have off.
Cheapening our history in persuit of a 3 day weekend,and the corresponding sales.Sorry,a long time ago in a galaxy far far away,I was a history major,and this crap has always made my blood boil Evil or Very Mad

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic