SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New name for Global Warming.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've always been of the posistion that humans have done fuck all (scientific term) to contribute to C02 levels. 97% of C02 comes from the earth, so Al, pick a fight with nature instead. I cannot stand these weird beards who want us to change our lifestyles for the sake of something that is effectively self destructing (nature). Watching an Inconvenient Truth, the whole thing is very dramatic. I have never denied climate change/global warming. I have, and still do, deny humans have anything to do with it.

I'd happily drive a hydrogen car. Think of the savings. Oil will run out. I accept this, & I also accept we need to find another energy source. Hydrogen, the most abundant gas in the atmosphere is perfect. I am only being objectionable because we are being made to believe we are all devil headed earth killers. The day oil runs out is the day I will use alternative energy. I will only do this because there will be no other choice. Believe me, if oil was unlimited in supply, I would carry on the way I do, just to piss Al and the rest of the hippies off.

Did you know An Inconvenient Bullshit contains 9 factual inaccuracies? It brings the whole documentary into question.

In my son's school, they have something called a light monitor. The purpose of the posistion is to switch off the lights when not necessary, to save energy. I spoke to the school, and my son is now exempt from this duty. Along with R.E. But that's another story Razz

/rant.

@ Al, great! I have a 6.2L C63 AMG.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[lighten the mood] The real reason for "climate change" or "global warming" is due to the ever increasing flatulence release of one of our very own members, jojo. [/lighten the mood]
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As has been said many times before, there is no concrete proof that humanity is the cause of global warming/climate change. Be that as it may, it doesn't hurt to take precautions.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But that's the uncertainty. Why must we inconvenience ourselves for something that might/might not be true.

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Al Roberts
Admin Plaything

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

craig007 wrote:
In my son's school, they have something called a light monitor. The purpose of the posistion is to switch off the lights when not necessary, to save energy. I spoke to the school, and my son is now exempt from this duty. Along with R.E. But that's another story Razz

How disgusting..I can't believe that your sons school does such a disgusting form of energy saving... the guy who sits next to me at work, who I let read your quote is an ex-doctor and says that this lighting is very poor lighting and will damage kids eyes in the long run. So we should act on this now.

At my brothers daughters school they have a green initiative where the kids get taught outside. I think this is a pretty neat idea as it keeps them out hot and sweaty class rooms. It also keeps costs down..which I hope will reflect in my tax payment. Laughing

Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Craig

It's only an inconvenience until what we find convenient today becomes an inconvenience. Better to speed the transition.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question

Last edited by Ex. on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Recall the theory ('Chaos' they called it, though I believe 'C**k' would have been more apt) that the flap of a butterfly's wings in South America could cause a hurricane in Europe ? I believed it - and now butterflies are endangered - and I never took into account that swatting them probably caused multiple tsunamis.

Having bemoaned the mild winters and the many parasites that were surviving through them, I had to smile when a recent pundit said how damaging the recent bad winter had been to wildlife. The solution clearly being to set up centrally heated accomodation exclusive to life forms officially deemed to be fluffy and cuddly - but parasites have a part to play in nature's plan too.

I doubt we possess the money or power to make a one degree difference to the planet's temperature, and as it naturally fluctuates, going in and out of ice ages regularly, would there be a point ? Of course Druids did it cheaper, and in a fun way, dancing nude round Stonehenge at the Winter Solstice, but I already do that anyway - come join me if you dare. Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning

Last edited by GomerPyle on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Gomer, thanks for that. Your post brought up something I haven't highlighted above.

We have had ice ages before, long before humans existed. They will happen again.

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TBH, lots of this crap put in the media about going green these days are untrue. Sure driving a hybrid may save you gas money, but you aren't told about the high maintenance costs. Sure having a windmill derives energy from a clean loss-less source, but again you aren't told how much of your tax money it will take to put them up. Going green is most about green.

GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe we're still coming out of the last one, as it happens.

More importantly scientists and universities can get finance and sponsorship to fund investigations into 'climate change'. I think it would be true to say that money has the greatest affect of all.

Nuclear power is clearly the clean solution Shocked , and where will all those batteries go ?

Politically the West needs to reduce its reliance on oil, but the alternatives are not yet commercially viable or very green.

Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Mrs. So and So
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

craig007 wrote:
I've always been of the posistion that humans have done fuck all (scientific term) to contribute to C02 levels. 97% of C02 comes from the earth

All CO2 comes from the earth, in one way or another. A lot of it in the form of fossil fuels, which would not be released on a time scale that matters to us if we didn't burn them. They would instead remain in the deep reservoir of Carbon for a very long time. Maybe longer than the millions of years it took to form them.

Whether or not humans have contributed to CO2 levels isn't a "position" or an opinion. It is a matter of scientifically proven fact.

Thinking that climate change doesn't matter is an opinion. Not thinking you should have to change your lifestyle is an opinion. Objecting to power saving light switches is an opinion (though you might want to save power, not for any "green" reason, but because it is a limited resource and will only get more expensive).

But the science behind climate change is not an opinion. It has been verified time and time again. By thousands of different studies on all aspects of the climate.

I am continually amazed how people who would not claim expertise in any other scientific field (diagnosing their own disease, for example), believe that they have unique knowledge of climatology, knowledge which has somehow eluded the thousands of international scientists who've studied the matter over many years. Studies which led the IPCC to conclude:

Quote:
Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as is now evident from observations of increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level. . .

Global atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide have increased markedly as a result of human activities since 1750 and now far exceed pre-industrial values determined from ice cores spanning many thousands of years. The global increases in carbon dioxide concentration are due primarily to fossil fuel use and land-use change, while those of methane and nitrous oxide are primarily due to agriculture.

For thousands of pages of research and fun facts, check out the IPCC website.
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like to know mrs bean's opinion...

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't listen to me, I'm just a cynical old sausage.

We in the UK and Europe will be in a unique position to show everyone what it's like to go without power, what with our lack of natural power resources, the way Russia keeps accidentally treading on the gas pipe supplying us, and the UK being about 10 or 20 years behind in building power stations. We'll all be a pale shade of blue and stuck to metal objects in the very near future.

The economic downturn is probably going to have a greater beneficial effect on climate change than many of the measures planned, but that's an indication of the suffering it will take to make any realistic dfference.

I don't think most politicians will have the stomach to tell us much more bad news at the moment, and before then the earth will tilt and we'll all slip off the edge anyway. Very Happy

Mrs. So and So
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

craig007 wrote:
We have had ice ages before, long before humans existed. They will happen again.

True enough. But it's a matter of time scales. On a long enough scale, you will cycle between ice ages and warm periods. But, it's the rapidity with which this is occurring that makes it a serious problem. And, on the time scale at which we live -- it's what we need to worry about -- not the next ice age.
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Mrs. So and So

I don't doubt the existence of climate change, just the severity of it. People would try to have you believe its going to be a balmy 70 degrees one day and 137 degrees the next. Also, you have to recognize the thousands of scientists, climatologists, and geologists who have also studied this for years and have said there is no concrete proof of man being responsible for it all.

Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsnerd wrote:
I'm just placing bets in the Mod Room that some Canadian is going to do his best to get this thread locked. Laughing

Does he have two sheds?

No idea. TS

MeridianAlicante
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our Environment Minister has stood up and told off the government for showing an advert about turning off lights saving the planet. He says that he doesn't believe in climate change/global warming. And this coming from an environment minister!

Personally, I don't know. How is me turning off a lightbulb going to make a difference, when Mr Idiot across the road spends half a hour every morning revving up his sports car, and sending clouds of smoke through the cul-de-sac? Or the larger countries not doing anything?

What good will my little bit do?

Closed lad accounts x 7 Mortar x2

Fake Cheques: $150,000

"May God bless you? Happy exams in advance Thanks," Mr. Herbert Horsey

Click here to support 419Eater.com
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

craig007 wrote:
Don't get me started...

wouldn't want it to snowball now would you? Razz

craig007 wrote:
I'd happily drive a hydrogen car. Think of the savings.

think of the awesome performance. if there were H stations I'd buy the H powered BMW

Quote:
The day oil runs out is the day I will use alternative energy.

The day oil runs out IFF hippie 'alternative' fuel is ever viable is the day I'll use it. A snowball has a better chance at being fuel than it does in hell.

Quote:
a light monitor

are they unaware of the convenience of timers combined with motion sensors?

a decade ago the similarly irrational fear was man made global cooling... so wait a few years for man made global warming to go away
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally I blame all the sunspots going on holiday, and the more CO2 we can produce, the better my plants grow, and the better they grow, the more oxygen they produce.

I'm not a sock and sandal wearing lentil munching stop progress leftist nutcase

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Al Roberts
Admin Plaything

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

irishemigrant wrote:
the more CO2 we can produce, the better my plants grow, and the better they grow, the more oxygen they produce.

Thats a pretty good point you have made. I never looked at it that way.

Think I will go leave the car ticking over for a few hours Laughing

irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With CO2 running at 300ppm, 0.003% and water vapour making up 97% of the alleged climate warming, I'm hard pressed to go along with the hysteria.

Plants will grow really well at concentrations up to 700 ppm, which we're a long way from

I'm more inclined to accept that sun spot cycles have more to do with climate changes than whatever we do here,

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bbbbbbut, the scientific consensus is...

...wait that is how we decide on lunch here, never mind... Laughing

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The mythical shiver is visiting, therefore it must be getting warm, or cold, or something. All I know for sure is it's 28 degrees C, 87% humidity with a light easterly and I'm having roast chicken for dinner.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Callum - is that the Equalizer in your avatar?

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like the Stig to me... Cool

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic