SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New name for Global Warming.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone else in the UK noticed that our old friend Global Warming has been subtly renamed Climate Change by the media? it's amazing what a couple of days of snow can do.

Are we now going to be told that everyone smoking outside pubs has unbalanced the climate and we're heading for the next ice age? Maybe I'm just being cynical, but isn't there another name for changeable climate?... BRITISH WEATHER!

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't get me started...

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, I am totally FOR "global warming". I live in Wisconsin. It's always cold here. Even the summers are not warm enough for me. It did not even break 90 here last summer. "Global warming"???? Bring it on!

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Indeed.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My Grandmother had a saying about these things:

Quote:
Whether its cold or whether its hot, we're going to have weather whether or not.
Cool

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At the risk of sounding like an old fart, I remember the summer of 76 and having several days off school due to snow almost every year. Now they're going on as if we've caused some new environmental catastrophe.

Oh the gods have been angered! Look frozen water decendeth from the heavens! Should people who still point at aeroplanes be allowed to read the news? Rolling Eyes

Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's been climate change for ages. The snow didn't cause the name change. I believe it was that global warming is misleading, the actual effect will be more extreme temperature changes.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can't win, can you? If it's hot, that due to GW. But if it's colder than usual, we're told that GW doesn't already mean hot weather.
Weather always changes. I've seen nothing over the past 60 years to suggest there's anything to worry about.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ tomtheancientcabinboy.

Quote:
They gathered in Montana with the great warrior Sitting Bull to fight for their lands. The following spring, two victories over the US Cavalry emboldened them to fight on in the summer of 1876.

Twisted Evil

Well, you had a big horn last time I kissed you!

Wink Laughing

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ MTM: Well that's because you're a stubborn shit...

I'm on your side though. There is evidence that the climate is changing, but I'm not so big headed as to believe it was my fault. There have been many "extreme climate events" through the ages. We didn't help, but it was probably going to happen anyway.

^^my view based on evidence I read almost a year ago. I may be entirely wrong. I'll also note that my house is very green, mainly because it's more efficient.
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
more extreme temperature changes.

About time, I bought a sledge for my daughter when she was a toddler, this is the first time there's been enough snow to use it and she's 18. What I wana know is, what caused the spell of boring weather for all that time?

Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sunspots causes it all, so says one group. CO2 causes it says another.

20 years ago we had no mobile phones, now we have loads and the weather has gone haywire.

I blame the radio waves.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Esq
Poster Boi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Global Warming is a scam.

Im currently trying to work out how to bait it?

Sand Timer = I knew that MHC6 is one of the wonders in the World,and all of us have to exprience it,and understand it - Okunlola O. Thomas FMHC6

I WAS AT THE NOVOTEL ORISHA HOTEL TILL 11 PM THAT DAY AND I WAS TOLD BY THE HOTEL STAFFS THAT I CAN NOT SPEND A NIGHT THERE AND I HAVE TO LEAVE AND WHENT TO THE NIGERIA EMBASSY THERE IN COTONOU TO STAY TILL THE FOLLOWING DAY AND I CALLED YOU THE FOLLOWING DAY AND YOU ASKED ME TO RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA WHICH I DID AND THAT HAS BEING MY WOST DAYS IN LIFE AS WAS EXPOSED TO A FULL TIME DIFFICITIES. - Augus5tine J4m35
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The weather has been pretty strange here. It hailed a few days ago but last week the temps were in the 80's. I would enjoy the winter months as my lawn would go dormant for at least two months. I noticed the period decrease over the years. MY lawn no longer goes dormant and needs to be cut today. I have fruit trees that needed cold weather to set. They no longer produce fruit. When I was growing up we had sun tan lotion, WTF was sun block? Now I have to wear a large brimmed hat and use SPF 85.

Sometimes I feel that I'm in the Star Trek TNG episode "The Inner Light".

Snow? Cold? Sucks to be you.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Newdonym wrote:
@ MTM: Well that's because you're a stubborn shit...

I'm on your side though. There is evidence that the climate is changing, but I'm not so big headed as to believe it was my fault.

Sturborn Shit to be strictly accurate.
CO2 levels are going up, but I've seen no effect on the weather. Which has always varied unpredictably. Climate is a more long term thing, and I'm not convinced that the climate is changing.
MMGW seems more of a religious belief to me. I'm all in favor of reducing fossil fuels though.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm just placing bets in the Mod Room that some Canadian is going to do his best to get this thread locked. Laughing

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It has been statisically proven that people with two or more sheds couldn't care less about global climate change warming so long as one shed contain full bottles and the other contains a chair, cable TV and any other appurtances condusive to the consumption of the contents of said bottles.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Mrs. So and So
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Climate Change" was introduced as a term by pollster Frank Luntz. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/persuaders/interviews/luntz.html

It was meant to sound less threatening than "global warming", but ironically it is actually a scientifically more accurate description for what is occurring.

As climate and weather are not the same thing, an increase in the global average temperature (a change in climate) does not mean that every place on earth will become warmer or experience the same type of changes in weather. It also doesn't mean that places won't still get snow and ice and all the rest of it.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sunspots causes it all, so says one group. CO2 causes it says another.

There are multiple influences on changes in earth's climate, but it's not a matter of choosing one over the other. Various processes (changes in the earth's orbit, greenhouse gases, albedo changes etc.) contribute to climate changes overall.

But, as for sun spots, the last IPCC report listed changes in solar irradiance (which would include sun spots) as accounting for 4.5% of the increase in radiative forcing* accounted for by greenhouse gases.

*Radiative forcing is a measure of the influence that a factor has in altering the balance of incoming and outgoing energy in the Earth-atmosphere system and is an index of the importance of the factor as a potential climate change mechanism. (Definition from the IPCC -- I'm not that eloquent).
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well yes, I'm not saying I'd never heard the term Climate Change before I was just pointing out that since the little bit of snow we had, nobody on TV or radio was using the term Global Warming anymore, as if a few days snow here had made all the difference!

Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard that climate change will probably cause a massive ice age across northern Europe.

Apparently melted Arctic ice drops as cold dense water to the ocean floor and flows south, this causes hot water to well up in the Gulf of Mexico and this flows from there up the coast of North america and across to northern Europe as the Gulf Stream.

Once all the Artic ice has melted, there will be no flow of cold Artic water down the floor of the Atlantic and the Gulf Stream will turn off, nett result northern Europe will drop into an ice age.

Now the ideal place to live if climate change actually occurs will be on a couple of reasonably small islands, say totalling 270,000 sq kilometres, surrounded by ocean, about 45 degrees S. The temperature moderation of being surrounded by ocean will largely mollify temperature rise and the northern island would become the perfect place to grow cabernet sauvignon, shiraz and merlot grapes. The growth of sauvignon blanc grapes will then be conducted slightly further south that at present, say in the southern island of this hyperthetical country.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

cabernet sauvignon? puke

As long as It doesn't get in the way of my Guiness brewery, I suppose you can have it.

I wonder what else we could grow. Cool

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I started a "Climate Change" thread a while ago. As I recall it was a good thread.

I like the sound of my fan, it helps me sleep, but I don't want to be cold so I turn the heater on as well Laughing

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Way to use that energy! I just burn some plastic to keep warm. Oh, and I wrap up in my fur comforter as well.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Newdonym wrote:
There is evidence that the climate is changing, but I'm not so big headed as to believe it was my fault.

The behavior of any system is dependent on its variables. Believing that little tweaks such as massive deforestation and pumping 27 billion metric tons of CO2 per year into the atmosphere could have no impact seems bigger-headed than acknowledging the reverse.

Al Roberts
Admin Plaything

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Call it what you want as far as I am concerned it's a lot of rubbish. Hence I drive a Pontiac G8, or I will when I pick it up from the Garage. Very Happy

EDIT: I have the 6.2L engine Laughing I love pollution

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic