SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

UK Post Codes

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anybody know if E14 5HP is a legitimate postcode in the UK?

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can check postcodes by putting them in the enter a postcode box on this page:

Royal mail Postcode Checker

That postcode is for:

Quote:
Barclays Bank plc
1 Churchill Place
LONDON
E14 5HP

Lads often give the addresses of real banks in their scams.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

^^^ Yes Tower Hamlets, London has a E14 5HP postcode.

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

Most certainly is and locates to Barclays Bank in Canary Wharf (which is in the Docklands area of London).

You can be of great assistance to helping this little wads realize their hope for tomorrow,

pony pony
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Lakefield_Dave
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I checked online and it seems like it points to a legit address.

Organization Street House Number Postal Code Locality/City Province/State Actions
Barclays Bank Plc Churchill Place 1 ? E14 5HP London

"The e-mail was noted,and i want to say go to hell with you and your fucking" Ken K

"your e-mail was nominated by our fun and fortune bonanza machine base on
wrong segment" M. Cl4ck

"TAR MALADE IT WILL NEVER BE GOOD FOR YOU YOU PIG BENZONAL GRAZZY RABUBUK MAMULER F*CKING BEACH" O. G00day
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Just to clarify for none UK peeps.
Docklands is the new financial centre built in the old East End of London where the major docks were located. A lot of the major banks and financial institutions have a presence there. The area is well served by transport with the Docklands Light Railway, the Underground, River Buses and London City Airport. This is an overspill for the main City Of London financial district a mile or so away.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to all. I thought it was Barclay's but wanted to make sure I was reading it right.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's also www.streetmap.co.uk , which does what it says on the tin.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Just Jane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Being in the US, I am clueless on UK post codes. My usual check is to plug in the post code to Google Maps. Works every time!

Sometimes you'll find that the lads use the wrong post code for the city they say they are in. Rolling Eyes

Mortar x 18 Closed lad accounts x 64 United Kingdom Malaysia Senegal Liberian Flag United States China Nigeria Spain South Africa Togo Benin Ghana United Arab Emirates Germany cameroon pony Mc Fry Easter Egg
Winner of the Summer Challenge Prize August 2008
Pith Helmet - St4nley's Xmax Adventure - I am suppose to be your Lover and not your house lad. - St4nley
Golden Pith Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Cotonou to Lome x2, Cotonou/Lagos/Abuja/Yankari, Cotonou/Parakou, Lagos/Maiduguri, Lagos/Douala, Dakar/Gambia/Keyes - Hector w/ team Hectard
Safari Barack Obama Scammed - Benin-Lagos-Maiduguri 'Oh Shit' - Hon. M4rtins
Safari Cotonou/Lome - D Brown
Sand Timer Hector Sand Timer Dr David O
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just Jane wrote:
.....;Sometimes you'll find that the lads use the wrong post code for the city they say they are in. Rolling Eyes

Not that we ever dream of pointing that out to them of course.

You often get some corking addresses from lads whose actual geographical knowledge extends only to where the nearest WU outlet is located.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Proto419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Citizen de Estados Unidos aqui. Will a Briton explain how the number and letter system works for UK post codes? I am only asking as it may help myself and others, not just in baiting, but IRL (legit postal stuff).

In the US/Canada it is simple:

Lad Doe
123 street/po box unit Z
London, ME 04999

The 04999 is the zip code and each post office is given a zip code (regardless of if there are multiple post offices in a city, each one gets its own code number). The first 2 digits refer to state or region of state (or province if in Canada), the last three refer to specific post offices in that state (Maine zips start with 04).
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_postcodes

Cool

Edit to add "promiscuous sexuallity"

Laughing

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat

Last edited by Cathartic Kate on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Wow, a post that isn't sexually promiscuous. Laughing

SP's link is also great for checking addresses on fake sites. Very handy.
Smile

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Proto 419

No probs (and it is great to be back on 419 Eater for the first time in 2009).

The letters and numbers in UK postcodes, like zip codes, unsurprisingly help the Post Office locate an address. The first or first two letters tell them what city/town or part of a city in the case of London the mail is going to. For example the postcode for Birmingham is B for Nottingham it is NG postcodes usually, although not always, start with an abbreviation of the place name. In the case of London postcodes are split up by their geographical location, a place in North West London will have a postcode that starts NW if you are in East London it will start with an E (etc).

The number that follows this letter then tells the post office the area of the city/town you are located. If you have ever been to Britain you might have noticed on street name signs sometimes there is a number usually in the bottom right hand corner. If you were in, say, Newcastle and you saw a street sign that had the number 8 at the bottom the postcode in that area would start NE8.

The last three numbers as far as I'm aware basically narrow the search for you down to usually about 8-10 houses. Only a handful of houses share the same postcode and I believe a postcode narrows things down a lot more than a zip code in the US does. I could be wrong but a zip code as far as I'm aware is shared by a lot more residents/businesses than a postcode would be. In Britain if you know someones house number and their full postcode that information would be enough to get the letter to the right place.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
The first letter or two letters certainly indicate a town or city, but not always the one you live in.
Mine starts with BN (Brighton) but I live many miles away. Quite a lot of East Sussex has postcodes starting with TN (Tonbridge) which isn't even in the same county.
There's a useful map here.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic