SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hey guys, I'm new here

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
hoorah
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, just signed up on this forum after rolling on the floor laughing at the letters archive. Comedy gold.

Actually, I'm not entirely new to this. Back when I worked at a computer e-tailer on college (a competitor to newegg), I worked in the accounting department, and I dealt with most of the credit problems on the orders.

I was mostly looking for fradulent orders and cancelling them, but occasionally, we'd have a little fun with the guys. Our website used to pull data from FedEx if the package was shipped, so we'd generate fake ones to make the mugus think their stuff had shipped. They'd email back several times trying to pretend to be "upset customers" that their goods had not been delivered. Hilarity ensued.

Uh, sure pal. An order of 37 laptops to be shipped overnight to Lagos, Nigera, with a credit card that was reported stolen 6 months ago. Let me get RIGHT ON THAT!

Anyway, I have a few fun ideas for scambaiting that we used to do at work that I'd be more than happy to share with you all. Look forward to hanging around!
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, hoorah!

Sounds like you will fit right in here. Glad you joined us. Hang around, read the stickies, get a mentor, and bait safe. Any questions, we will be happy to answer.

(I think those are the right words. Laughing )

Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I think we have a successor for Bill2 here Very Happy

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
hoorah
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was actually involved with some of the very first of the "bank address switcheroo" fraud.

It was very very confusing for us as merchants because the only tool we have to verify orders was the AVS system, and we were getting matches on the addresses. Then, when we found who lived at those addresses, they said they "took a job online" to repackage items and send them to egypt, russia, nigeria, etc.

Anyway, once we caught on, the lads (although I'd have to say those were slightly smarter lads) were NOT happy with us. I wish I could have taped some of the calls that we had.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, hoorah. Very Happy Do as Dora says. She's looking out for your safety, while bill2 is away. (Wink @ Dora) Don't forget, these guys are criminals, and have contacts around the world, perhaps even in your neighborhood, so use a safe IP stripping addy, and all fake details. Have fun here, and we look forward to baiting with you. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
hoorah
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SlapHappy wrote:
Welcome to Eater, hoorah. Very Happy Do as Dora says. She's looking out for your safety, while bill2 is away. (Wink @ Dora) Don't forget, these guys are criminals, and have contacts around the world, perhaps even in your neighborhood, so use a safe IP stripping addy, and all fake details. Have fun here, and we look forward to baiting with you. Very Happy

Thanks guys. Yeah, I definitely know they are criminals. I have a pretty good idea of keeping myself safe, but an IP stripping email address is new to me. Will have to read up on that.
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, in for a penny, in for a pound. (Thanks, Slap and the vampire! Laughing )

hoorah:

I know you will find what you are looking for when you search. But for a little head start, try this from the Nastiest Nurse's thread here:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738

Quote:
Before you start. Bait safe. For obvious reasons, this means all your details must be fake. Use none of your personal details. This includes using your home phone or address. You are conversing with criminals. Please bait smart.

Follow this check-list and then jump on in:

* Set yourself up with an anonymous email account that strips your IP. Use gmail, fastmail.fm or hushmail (you can google these yourself)

* For this exercise set-up an account with your baiting character prepared. Make this character believable. You can play any role you like. (Just not a vampire, robot or plank of wood - which has been done, but you'll lose your lad unless you"re careful)
* Set up a web based phone number. This number you can set up with a personalised message for your lads to call and leave messages. www.k7.net or www.J2.com

And to sign up for a 100% free and wonderful mentor, check out this thread: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306

Happy Valentine's Day! Very Happy Dancing tomorrow, Slap?

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Hoorah, and welcome here. Very Happy

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome. Be sure to read all the stickies and rules and remember to bait safely! Like everyone said before.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome hoorah.

PMSL @ Dora the nag.

Laughing

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi hoorah!

Glad to have ya! Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Mondayne
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hoorah wrote:

Thanks guys. Yeah, I definitely know they are criminals. I have a pretty good idea of keeping myself safe, but an IP stripping email address is new to me. Will have to read up on that.

gmail Smile
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome hoorah! Very Happy

You seem to have some skills and experiences that will help you as a baiter. Get comfortable and have some safe fun. Wink

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Hoora! Sounds like you already have a good idea of baiting. I will add to read the stickies, find a mentor, and... bait safely.

Good luck. I look forward to reading more as you move forward!

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic