SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

am I doing the right thing?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
pinkdragon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi everyone,
this is my very first post as I am a newb, both to the website and to scammers, normally I use the delete button or tell them to get lost. however I have inadvertantly got a scammer buttering me up atm.

I recently joined a dating site and of course had your usual scammers and just told them to go away but this paticular guy (or possibly girl but I will get onto that later), was different, he actually seemed normal and had 4 pictures up and the profile sounded good so I started to corespond. after about 4 mails on site he gave me his email address and msn and asked me to contact him off site as he was busy with work and it was easier to get his emails than to look up the site. yes I know alarm bells should have gone off and I was a bit cautious. but being after 4 mails on site and not the usual 1 or 2 I thought he was possibly genuine.

so I started emailing him and he seemed nice he then gave me his phone number and asked me to text him, so I did but couldnt get through and so tried using the UK area code +44 or whatever...however it wasnt going through so I asked him why not. his explanation was he was at the base station working away from home and so it was not a UK number..he then gave me a UK number which if this number didnt work this time I could try but also gave me a guilt trip story to go with it of it costing $2 a minute if I use that phone or something and this one was free...now this is where I should have caught on when he said it didnt cost him a dime... now if he was english or scottish he claimed both I doubt he would have used the term dime. anyway... I continued mailing him but something wasnt sitting right so didnt fall for him. however going back over emails a few days ago after downloading skype. I saw that the phone numbers now had little flags next to the number indicating the country. turns out his number I am texting is nigerian.

well I asked him straight out if he was a scammer and then looked up his name online in google. (I wont put the name down yet you will see why in a minute). I found a person in USA on myspace with the same pictures and name. their profile was set so no one could message them. I however knowing this guys last name was able to ask him to friend me and he got back to me the next day. now this guy is in USA and claims that the scammer guy stole his name and photos. he also gave me a name and number and email of his attorney and himself.
also he claims this person is actually a female and has stolen a heap of money from him.

however now I am begining to wonder if I did the right thing and if maybe the guy I contacted is part of the whole thing or if its legitamate.

the scammer has gotten back to me being all offended I would even think he could be a scammer rah rah rah, so I apologised and pretended I was sorry for thinking he could be a scammer Rolling Eyes

any tips? should I be notifying australian authorities? keep in mind the scammer hasnt asked for any personal details yet or money they are just trying to butter me up and make me fall for them.
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

good job on looking him up !!! You found here !!!

He is a scammer, it can take several months before they get around to asking for money...it's usually some sob story they built up -- living with a grandparent, oh no grandparent got sick and they have no money to deal with a hospital...or they want to visit you and alas they need 800$ for the rest of the ticket/visa/passport...

All of it centers around a western union or money gram payment, they can't make a bank wire transfer (if they do give it to the proper authorities here).
Western union and money gram can be taken from any country ( no matter the designated country) and can't be traced.

I just had a scammer I've been working ask me how to check if a credit card was valid !!! ask me that !!! but he still hasn't asked me for money... I'm his angel...

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say all the same gang or same person

Quote:
he also gave me a name and number and email of his attorney and himself
Wink

They love throwing legalese into the mix to confuse victims.
I'm very glad you sussed him early. When your ready we will play a few rounds with him. Laughing

Quote:
should I be notifying australian authorities?

There's not much they can do unfortunately. If you had lost money it is good to report it as it helps with the statistics. At this point just stop communicating and he will go away. There's no point telling him he is a scammer as he will never admit it and it only keeps his foot in the door.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Pink Dragon, welcome to 419eater and the fun and games of wasting scammers time and resources

I need to start off with some bad news for you, firstly, I am presuming the scammer in question has some of your real information as you found him using your own profile, in this case the only safe thing to do is to drop him.

It sounds like you have quite a bit of information on the scammer in this case, if you would like to really hurt him, get on over to our sister site and post up as many details as you can at www.scamwarners.com there is a love scam section there which would be a good place to put it.

By doing that you will be giving any potential victim the best possible chance of finding it is a scam before losing any money.

Now, to the really good news Laughing

Just because I told you that you need to drop him, there is no reason why you cant begin to play under a different name, there is a very good piece of information that has been put together by some of the best love baiters around, there is a link in my signature line or you can get there from the love scam index in the stickies.

Take a read through it and you will be well on your way, it will explain how to stay safe as well as how to get the maximum satisfaction from your baiting.

There are always others around who will be happy to help you if you have any early questions and if you like you can get yourself a mentor to help you in your early days as well

Now, onto your questions

Quote:
he claims this person is actually a female and has stolen a heap of money from him

I highly doubt that, there is about a 0% chance that a female is pretending to be a male and trying to scam you. I also highly doubt that the person you mention is not the same scammer, we cant know for sure without seeing the pictures and the details you have but I highly doubt it's not the ssame person with a second profile

If you could post up the profile, I will take a look and if it does happen to be a legitimate person we can have the details removed from here. Not that I think that will be necesary

Quote:
should I be notifying australian authorities?

That time could be better spent by brushing your hair for all the good it would do, unfortunately there is nothing they will be able to do with the information you can provide them.
On the other hand we can bait this peice of scum which will waste his time and if we get one of our baitresses onto the case we may be able to do much more than just waste his time (Oh Drama Queen, are you busy, I think there is a nice new pet for you Laughing )

Quote:
keep in mind the scammer hasnt asked for any personal details yet or money they are just trying to butter me up and make me fall for them

Not yet but I have no doubt it wasn't too far away.

Please do post up some details and we will look into it, then we can get you started at having some fun Wink

Edited some typos

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
pinkdragon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok the guy that contacted me went by the name noblejeffrey on mingle 2.
of course he is using the name Jeffrey Noble.
the phone number he gave me is +2348037595205 the english phone number given is +447045779752

I wont give the american one incase it is legit...I have a feeling it could be at the moment so I will see where that goes before placing a possible innocents phone number up.
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure with phone numbers however I got a txt today winning some lottery from sony inc 448704460232 number from my quick google they are a premium service and if you respond you get the bill. Being in Australia it seems pointless as responding will give me an invalid phone number.
I did have to laugh at the money was preceded by an A then the pound thing.
Does that mean we have Australian pounds now?

I would guess all three numbers you have are premium rate.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just briefly before I go off and do a couple of searches, the 4470 number is a UK redirect number, you can be in any part of the world you like and get one, the calls to it get redirected to anywere in the world and of course that includes Nigeria, the calls to them are also very expensive

Harrya, maybe he is behind the times a bit with the pounds thing, like 40 years behind

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Murray I'm off to bed. If you get a good understanding of these services it will be great. From what I've seen so far (about 10mins) they all claim to be legit and offer a great way for you to take money from your customers while they complain about your service. Rolling Eyes

If a supplier told me to call a weird number I'd move on.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oh this is the third email he sent me on the mingle2 site it has his MSN.

I have been to OZ twice and the last time was 2 years ago in Perth. I love the warm weather of Australia and i am even contemplating of relocating their once i retire from work come July this year, cos my children will be starting college then and i want to move out to Australia.

I really want to know you than this, hence it will be a pleasure getting a message from you or if you are connected to the online chat via yahoo or msn messenger, then you can add me up via this email: [email protected] ( for my msn), and [email protected] ( for my yahoo email).

Looking forward to hear from you soon and my regards to your family. Bye and do have a lovely day
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Pink Dragon, I dont suppose you could give me just a little more to go on, I am getting too many results to sort through, an emai laddress or link to a profile would be nice, you can PM it to me if you prefer

edit
Sorry, forget I said anything, I'll take another look Laughing

I am not getting much coming up on this, going by the writing style, this is a not your average scammer, you have done well not to be scammed, his writing doesn't have too many of teh charactoristic mistakes we are used to seeing, I still have no doubt its a lad, but I am beggining to think you have found us one who is truely deserving of our attention.

The best I can come up with on what I have been provided with is this Click Here it proves nothing but it does go to show common lad phrases

I am still interested in a link to that profile if you can give it to me

Last edited by Murry Guru on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
pinkdragon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

unfortuneately he deleted his profile (the fake dude) on mingle2 after about 5 days or so...or was taken off as a scammer.
what I posted was about all the info I have at the moment.
I also posted this at the sister site you told me to.

oh and I am using a email address I made up specifically for dating sites as I knew that scammers target them and havnt been using my real last name but my maiden last name.
also I have only given my cell number to him so I can change it if need be as one of the sites said to never give a home number.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good news on both counts Wink

I am sure there will be someone along shortly to look into it for you Wink

Did you have any other emails, they can actually be more help than email addresses at times

pinkdragon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yes I have more emails should I post them here?
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes please, either here for me to look into or I notice Ralph looking into it over there, either way, Ralph is probably a little busier than me right now so I will take a look here

Oh, bummer on the profile, that explains why I could find it Sad

pinkdragon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok here are the emails I have taken out my name...

I don't judge people like the way i written to you in my last email. i believe being rich is more than material wealth and fame because you can be rich and wealthy in happiness more than all the famous people in the world.

i only wrote out of the fact that you take life simple and don't dwell on material thing of the world that will vanished one day.

I hope you have a lovely weekend and i wish you the best in your coming holiday to the US. I will check you up whenever i am in Brisbane anyway and i hope to get to see you then cos i should be in Australia towards the end of April.

And thanks for the lovely text message cos i appreciate the two messages you sent to me.I hope you get my own response cos i send some in return as well.

Take care and have a nice day.

jeffery

I am sorry that i am just getting back to you since Saturday because i have been quite busy. I have a lot of thing on my desk and it would have been easy talking to you on messenger because my connection is link to my phone here and i am alerted when i have a messages on my messenger.

Thanks for contacting me and it's really nice hearing from you and knowing that you still remember because i have try to contact you on the emailyou gave me twice but can't seem to able to send mails to you.

We have quite some snow time especially during the winter in UK especially in Scotland where my country home is situated. The other pics with a snow was while we were in Switzerland for vacation with friends and my family. That is the only time i have to be with them due to my tight schedule at work and traveling all around.

I hope i know when you can come to Europe and maybe we can visit Austria or Switzerland together because those two places including Russia and some eastern European country have an all round winter as their season without summer at all. So do let me know and i can be your tour guide anytime you are planning to come over here while i am in Europe then also.

I am planning to be in Brisbane and maybe visit Queensland in Australia for some few days in April, so i hope we can be able to hook up by then and maybe get sometime to me and know me better than this. But i relish the chance to talk to you online for the time being and get to know you better.

I am sending some of the pics of me, my work and my kids and some of the few places i have been to.

Hope to hear back from you and take care.

Jeffery

Thanks for the mail. I would have reply back to the mail since all this while but i have been quite busy lately and just back to my suite, though tired but would not do until i reply back to you.

It's seems you are have a quite amazing life since you have much free time to be with your children, do what you want and be able to choose your vacation time whenever you pleases. I know that you are going to the state for conference like you said but i am sure that you are going to find it an exciting place to be, especially if you can go to Florida or Miami if you are going towards that area.

i don't see my kids once in a year like you said cos i do have a 3 weeks break from work every 8 weeks i spent at the shore and i try to make it a memorable time for them before i go back every time i am at home. Staying away from them will kill me emotionally and i can do that cos they are all i live for.

I am sure Brisbane is still within Australia so coming over to Queensland to see shouldn't be a problem as far as i am concerning unless if you are telling me that you are in another country?..lol.

I have to go now and i hope we can get to talk online one of this days or you can send a text messages to me on this number or call me on it at anytime so that we can talk. +2348037595205. i have add the country code code and the international dialing code so that it will be easier for you to get and know how to dial it.

Hope you have a lovely time and take good care of your children.

Love and affection always.

Jeffery

Thanks for the mail and do excuse my late response because i am quite busy lately and i have a lot doing this days.

i didn't tell you that i am staying in UK permanently because i have let you understand that i work well away from home and it wasn't a UK number that i gave you because i am at my base station right now.

My number in UK that you can get me on at anytime is +447045779752 and you can call me on it when i am in England. Though i roam it here also, but i do pay quite a lot to receive a call, hence the reason why i gave you the mobile number that i am using here and the number with country code is +2348037595205. If you call my UK number, i can pick it up but i do pay roughly $2.00 per minute to receive a call, so i don't think it is advisable to used it because i can receive a call on the number that i gave you without paying a dime.

Besides, i send a text message to you when i receive yours, hence i don't know why you didn't get my messages???

I hope we can get to talk online later because i am busy right now and only come online to reply back to your mail. I will send a mail to you later when i am less busy cos i am tight up right now.

Have a nice day and my regards to the kids.

Jeffery

Just want to wish you the best of the new month and hope your weekend isn't as stressful as mine.

i also sent you an e-card to relax yourself so hope you enjoy reading it.

Jeffery

ok this is all the emails I have at this time tho I do have an ecard but if you want to see that I will have to PM the link to you as it has my real name on it and I cant delete that
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been searching frantically trying to find something in there, I have been in touch with Ralph to se if he had anything and no, I then came back to post my lack of observations and noticed something.

Take a look throughout the emails posted in the above post, notice anything right at the bottom of each email Wink

Ok, for those who give up he has spelt his name wrong on every email, for the man of the world that he apparently is, he sure is dumb not being able to get his own name right Laughing

Quote:
email: [email protected] ( for my msn), and [email protected] ( for my yahoo email).

Signing off on this one for now
Muury Wink Laughing

Just adding, there is more than a few hits in here that look a lot like scammers Click Here

Sorry, I didn't answer about the Ecard, no, I dont really need it, it wont really give me anything I dont already know.

I have absolutely no doubt that its a scammer, the mistakes are there to be seen, the writing skills are better than most lads and the common mistakes are just not in there like the space after punctuation, lads are not good at that at all, that said, the story line certainly is that of a scammer, by posting what you have here, although we found little this time around, next time somebody tries a search there is loads more to find, you may have prevented not only yourself but alos others from being scammed by what you have posted here.

Go on, give yoursaelf a pat on the pack, you have done good Wink

pinkdragon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok the real jeff seems to be pretty legitamate, he has given me a heap of details and addresses to prove it is his photos... I have asked if he could take a picture of himself holding a piece of paper with todays date to prove he is the person in the photos.
I will see what he says tho really this is only to take away any niggling doubts for myself. he has given me his work number and attorneys number where he works etc.

as for the scammer who is using his name, I have emailed them saying

"hi jeffery,
I havnt heard from you since I texted you the other day. I am sorry for thinking you were a scammer.
you know you just hear all these stories, so when something seems good you start to doubt it could be true.
I really did like the card you sent me the other day, it was very sweet, thankyou.
I was a bit worried you were upset with me tonight and I couldnt sleep. I have gone about 24 hours without sleep now.
I have organized with my sister to go to perth and stay with her in april so we can meet up.
I hope to hear from you soon."

hopefully I will get a response. meantime apparently the FBI is after this person as well. that kinda worries me because for them to be after this person I am thinking they must be more than just a small time scammer.

btw I do have the real name of who the real jeff and the FBI suspect this scammer person is. If someone needs to know or wants to look more into it I can pm the info but its probably not something for the boards at this time
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pinkdragon.

I have alerted both Ralph and Murry.

I may be wrong here but I think it worth checking a few facts concerning what you report in your last post.

Your safety is my number one concern here, but it is my bedtime.

The FBI interest is totally saying scam to me. If you want to PM me details I can get work with you tomorrow to check a few things out.

My basic advice is stall and wait for members both here and at scamwarners to advise you.

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kate is right. For your safety, please don't share any more of your personal information with the "real" Jeff of the myspace page either. At this point, the safest thing you can do is simply to drop both "Jeff"s.

There are things that don't make sense with the "real" Jeff either. Some have to do with his story, and the biggest red flag to me has to do with a mistake on his MySpace page that no American should make. I won't say what it is as I don't want to educate any lads, but it makes me pretty suspicious.

It's not fair to bait innocent people, so if he is real, demanding a photo with a sign is not really appropriate, and if he's actually your lad, you won't get anywhere anyway.

And Murry, you must be tired today, not to notice the emails contain one very typical type of lad mistake (besides the misspelled name)...
Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Wink It was after midnight my time, I was in a rush to find anything I could, my typing isn't the best but I just had a look through and there is typos galore in there, sorry Embarassed

I did notice loads of things that made it look like a lad, so many that I had no doubt that it was, however I was only looking for things to prove it.

Kate and Dorothy, your advice is spot on as always, I have been in touch with Ralph and although he is tied up for the next couple of hours he has graciously agreed to take a call from Pink Dragon if she would like to talk to him about this. I have his number and can pass it on if needed.

pinkdragon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok that sounds like a good idea... I notice after asking for the real jeff to do the photo thing he has taken me out of his friends list on myspace...so this means I can not send messages to him via myspace.
however he did send me another email telling me everyplace the pictures that fake jeff had sent me were taken.
unfortuneately I sent him an email asking why he had taken me off and why he had not replied before doing so before I saw this thread.
I have not heard from the fake jeff for 2 days now

I just tried getting onto the other site but it wont let me log in I even tried the activation key again and it said it wasnt valid...I also dont see the thread over there.
pinkdragon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well I have heard nothing more from either of the jeffs since the 13th which to me seems inda suspicious. especially since the real jeff was so eager to get his money back and all
Ethian
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's only fine if he has your real-life info... Just make sure that you didn't send anything important, and nothing is lost.
His 'real jeff' probably just realized you weren't going to bite, so he dropped you as 'not sending money'. Sounds to me like a good end of the story.
(if you want to bait these idiots, just make a crazy profile @ a dating site, put almost zip info on it, and see. Those hitting you on that are scammers)

Might use the phone number if some crazy mugu is asking for one though Smile Pity my char is german...

Closed lad accounts
Gecko
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did a little searching and searched the phone number given to me as well and found some more dirt on Mr Noble, check out this website:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/romancescams/message/203180

Looks like there's a few people who've been caught up with this guy.

Gecko
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pinkdragon - you could never do the wrong thing... Pretty Rose

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic