SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Another Lad sends me fake $100 bills

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A couple years ago I was baiting a job scam lad and was expecting some checks to add to my collection but to my surprise I received ten fake $100 USD Bills.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111842&highlight=

I thought it would be a new trend but never received anymore after that until today. This afternoon I received 30 fake $100 dollar bills via FedEx from Nigeria. They are done the exact same way and are actually pretty good. They have watermarks and the security strip running down the bill. If you use one of those markers used to detect fake currency it passes. Has anyone else received any of these lately?

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not familiar with US currency. How can one see that these are fake?
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Secret Service would most likely be interested in those, Phil.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Larson, the security strip is not actually embedded in the paper it is just lightly printed to give the appearance that it is. Also the watermark is the not the same as a real $100. The is also no red and blue fibers in the paper. I'm sure there are many other signs that I don't know too.

@ Tsnerd, I plan on turning these in just like I did to the last bunch I got.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You're a good man, Phil. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Proto419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Doctor Phil,
How exactly do you go about turning such stuff in? Do you just file a form at the po-po office and hand the items over as evidence, or do you send this stuff to a higher power (SS, CIA, FBI, etc). Just wondering in case I get counterfeit money. (And does the US gov take on counterfeit money that is not in USD? I assume they would, and hand it over to the authority that would be the ones to issue it)
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I belive that you would need to contact the Secret Service. They handle fake money.

I would also imagine that you would need copies of all your correspondance to back up your story. Seeing as having fake money is a federal offense, one would be wise to have all ducks in a row.

Let us know how it turns out. Great catch!

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My local Secret Service office is where I sent the money. If you go to www.SecretService.gov you can find the address of your local office. From what I read Nigeria is a hot spot for counterfeit currency and hundreds of millions of fake US dollars have been confiscated from the postal system. Check out this article for more info:

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/opinion/editorial/2008/jan/30/editorial-30-01-2008-001.htm

Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good work Phil. Let us know if the SS contacts you with any results.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done Phil. Do you suspect that Jojo has expanded to include US currency as well as Chad currency? Laughing

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic