SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A bait just ended and West African slang

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
limburger
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm heartbroken about losing my latest lad. 'She' was talking of love, and always started emails "my lovely Jim" and so on. A little M7CN Secure and a visit by Mr. G0mer and our relationship appears to be over. I told her I called WU to verify that the money had indeed been picked up already by someone unknown (G0mer had sent a thank you taunt previously to the barrister). She came back with:
Quote:

You are a bloody lier because you did said that the western union did told you that the money has been picked,how did the western union found out thta, when they do not have the mtcn number .

Bloody liar? Is that a common phrase in Cote dIvore or did my bad British lingo rub off on her a little bit? Just curious if anybody with a better background in history knows, are there major British or other influences in African countries?

so your job is to hack some body job you go die and you must run mad in this country all generation will go to hell fire i must get you and i will troll way you inside beach idiot as you hack my money and you crate email dey write richard as you do it i will spoil the job . idot --Steve F
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a large European influence there. Ivory Coast in fact was a French colony which is why many there speak French. Checking the wiki's for each country can give you a quick glimpse at which nation had any influences.

I'd also add that I'm in the US and this site has also influenced me. I find myself using "modality" and "cheers" among other words in my regular vocabulary.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
tagan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What is a "modality" anyway?
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have also had some of the British stuff wear off on me as well. If this keeps up, one of these days I'm going to catch myself driving on the wrong side of the road. Laughing

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
high-seas-piracy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea, sheesh. You already cast like a crazy Brit.

And I would like to know what "modality" means as well. Didn't know it was a British term...learn something new every day!

"Bertie has scam me. try it i will kill you" - M. Striker
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pick one of these.

I'd try a simplified explanation, but I'm too tired to think straight. Time to reply to some lads I guess. What do you mean, my email makes less sense than your goat-wife? *cringe* That's not even humour. Time for bed.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would keep baiting the lad. Tell him that the MTCN was cross referenced by the receiver and sender information along with the transaction date. Invoke rule number three. The lad is always wrong.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
limburger
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Believe me, I did just that back when I got the nasty email. I reported that my WU has their database with sender name and receiver name and they looked up my transaction that way--a very plausible story. Complete silence after that.

I will try a response today just to see if I can get a rise of of 'her'.

so your job is to hack some body job you go die and you must run mad in this country all generation will go to hell fire i must get you and i will troll way you inside beach idiot as you hack my money and you crate email dey write richard as you do it i will spoil the job . idot --Steve F
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"modality" isn't "British" per se, but an adaptation of old fashioned lad-talk (meaning what we now refer to as "format" - NOK, hitman, wash wash, charity, employment, etc - also used to mean the script they're using) subverted to mean types of baiting (ASEM, straight baiting, chopping etc, and more often the characters and hoops you're making the lads jump through). Whilst it is not a hard fast rule, lads tend to have "formats", we counter them with "modalities" Wink

British swearing? Bloody bollocks to that, that's what I say.
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Modalities is a good English word, but you wouldn't usually hear it other than in a management meeting. But yes, the lads used it and we nicked it.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic