SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Love scam with real person met in home town

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
storm180
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a client, elderly person who met a women around his age a few months back in his home town. Actually went out on quite a few occassions for dinners, drinks, walks, etc. She was here on vacation supposively and now had to fly back to africa. She left for africa and I guess he has been in contact via email and phone. They are looking to get married next month and she is tying up loose ends and she wants to transfer her wealth from her estate 10 million US to his bank account. He opened up a bank account for this and it has been about a month and no money. There are emails from lawyers and such and bank execs over there claiming there is a problem and they need to speak with us her in the US. This isn't going to happen because it is against protocol. Now she discovered the problem and he has asked him to send her $8500.00 USD to bond the transfer and to get her affairs in order. This is the first time she has asked him for money during all this, all other communications have been stories about wires not going through right and such. This run around has been going on for a month and half. He actually met this person in the fall of 2008. Do they usually carry things out this long and try to string them along before they ask for cash?

I have done other searches and have not found any other scammers who actually met their marks prior, so without any other stories of this scenario it is kind of hard to prove my point to someone who is in "love".

Any info would be helpful.

Storm180

Last edited by storm180 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello storm180 and welcome to Eater. Mighty nice of you to look out for your client like this. I'm not an expert in the "love" baits but the short answer is yes, they can lay in wait for a while before asking for money. Some lads come out quickly rather others are more laid back so they can create a stronger bond of trust w/ their victim.

I would suggest you go over to our sister site ScamWarners where they would be able to offer you more advice. Some members here are active at both sites.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you have any e-mails (preferably with IP addresses) or e-mail addresses? From the Scammer, the scam lawyers, bank names, etc.?

These can be searched to compare against other reported scams/scammers.

I have not yet heard of any who met their mark prior to the scam, but they are getting more clever all the time.

There is no 10 million dollars, and his 8500$ is going to be gone.

All the stories of wiring money gone wrong and such was leading him up to this point.

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
ramsey
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What i like to know is, why to lads often refer the victim to another person? in this example, the victim got emails from the 'lawyer" in Africa.

Closed lad accounts x11
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you 100% proof positive that your client actually met this person? Is there a chance that the story of meeting in person is trumped up to get around the immigration requirements for a fiancee visa? US Immigration requires that persons from other countries, meeting on the internet with the intentions of marriage, meet face to face at least one time 6 months prior to the second visit and marriage.

There is also the chance that your client is too embarrassed to admit that he's never met the person he's in love with face to face.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OBL--You hit the nail on the head with that one. The OP posted over on scamwarners that there is no evidence of a meeting, and that several people have been telling the client he is being scammed, so the client may have in fact made up the meetings because he doesn't want to admit he hasn't met her.

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ramsey wrote:
What i like to know is, why to lads often refer the victim to another person? in this example, the victim got emails from the 'lawyer" in Africa.

The scammers do this to make their scam and contacts more believable to the victim. They make up what ever characters are necessary to get the funds from the victim. Also along the way, each character has the opportunity to take money from the victim.

@OBL Good to see you! Very Happy

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
LotsaLove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My romance scammer worked on me for 6 years before he finally asked for money. And then it was a meek attempt - tried to say he'd been robbed and needed money for food.
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It makes sense if he never met her. Poor bloke is in this up to his neck. For him to make up stories he must want to beleive the scammer. I hope someone can make him see the truth. I hope he can be stopped from sending any money.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic