SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

NOOB needs some help

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
behonest
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Was car shopping on Craiglslist yesterday and inquired about a 2005 Jeep Wrangler for 5,000 ish dollars... assuming it needed a new motor or something major. asked and got this reply.

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I sell it at this price($3,970.00 ) because i'm in a divorce with my husband.
Now the car is in my property and as a women i don't need it. This car is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title.
From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20,000.00 The final price that I want for this car is $3,970.00 including shipping and handling.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
I will wait your answer very soon.

Maya Browning
behonest
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked where the vehicle was located on Ebay and got this.

How should I start this off? any suggestions?

Hi again,
The car is already at the shipping company in Denver, Colorado sealed and ready for the shipping.
I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm getting off the town so I can't meet
in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the internet. According with the eBay you have 5 days
from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
- Phone #
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need with the car.
If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the car, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car.
If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.
Thank you
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds fishy. The secure payment will probably be though a fake escrow service who only accepts money via Western Union, and communicates through a free email account.

If you have been in contact with "her" through your personal Ebay account, or through an email address that is tied to your real name, you should probably drop it.

Then set up an anonymous account somewhere and write back as a new character and tell her she's got a deal. If she bites, give this a read: click. Or, fall in love with her. Wink

Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm unsure what you're asking here. Do you want to know if it's a scam, or how to bait it?

1. It is a scam. No doubt about that. It will be a fake escrow site. Ebay doesn't provide escrow services.

2. To bait it, you should be using a safe email address. One with no real info attached to it. If you're not then drop this lad like a stone. There are plenty more.

You are going to have to give a fake name, address, and phone number. The number can be fake, an untracable mobile, voip, or free answer phone service such as K7.net. Not a real number of an innocent third party (someone you dislike, the FBI, the bank, etc).

You are trying to waste their time, so feel free to mess this simple operation up a million times. When you do get a fake site, post it in the fake site forum. It will get deleted and she'll have to send you a new one.
Torpedo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Now the car is in my property and as a women i don't need it.

As if it isn't bad enough that he is a crook and a scammer, he has to be a Cheavanist too. Laughing

GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ask him if it's a stick shift with torsion suspense and outriggers.

I bet it will be - probably with an interdimensional phase velocity shift too. Laughing

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
behonest
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To bait it.... I know it's a scam.

The unfortunate part is that I didnt use an untraceable email addy.

[email protected] if anyone wants to contact her.
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Her!

I have a newish male character that will treat her well. Well perhaps not that well.

Twisted Evil

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@behonest: It's not too late. Send an email from a safe address, with something like "I saw your listing on eBay, is it still available?" She'll just assume you're a new victim.

Last edited by luckey on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
spot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The reference to e-bay protection should ring the loudest alarm.

This looks like a Romanian style car scam ... they can be so difficult to bait because of the fact they are one of the best Quick Fire, High Value, scams going. They don't tend to stick around to be baited because they are so successful and if for one moment they think you are jerking around they will drop you dead.. .... having said that, there's no harm in trying. !!

Within a few mail exchanges you will soon receive a VERY GOOD looking invoice from e-bay (and if you are lucky some insurance as well)

The thing to do with these, is to straight bait until the invoice arrives. It should contain some very "Alan" reportable bank details that you are expected to wire money to.

behonest ... I suggest that you post the scammers e-address out in the open so that the searchbots can pick it up for others to find.

^^^^ edit ...I just noticed he did Embarassed

blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You will notice that the asking price fits right in with the Western 0nion maximum allowed limits.

2005 Jeep for that price is hilarious. Even a wrecked jeep would be worth more than that just for the parts.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
behonest
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

blah wrote:
You will notice that the asking price fits right in with the Western 0nion maximum allowed limits.

2005 Jeep for that price is hilarious. Even a wrecked jeep would be worth more than that just for the parts.

agreed, thats why i was interested. Created spoof email and said I saw her ad online. we'll see if she/he replies... who knows. I got the email reply from them around midnight last time.....
behonest
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No reply from the Craigslist scammer.
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a reply and asked some questions about engine capacity and gearbox , appeared as keen as mustard with cash burning a hole in my pocket... and then no reply.

Rolling Eyes

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
GoNadsGo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My favorite reply from my favorite off script Romanian car scammer...I do believe he is a little upset Very Happy

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 10:01 AM, [email protected] wrote:

WTF you have with Romanians you are idiot im really in US. I know you are so smart to remove all the things from gmail....i think that is not your real id you write from another id maybe you are administrator at Google and i dont know that .....maybe you are GOOD!!! See you soon....verry soon....

I just love this guy!!!

GoNadsGo
behonest
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Started a new one with this Link.... what a deal this is!

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1033417723.html
behonest
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

had him going a bit on this one and he asked for my addy and phone number. any recommendations?
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

behonest wrote:
had him going a bit on this one and he asked for my addy and phone number. any recommendations?

Make up an address or go to http://www.fakenamegenerator.com

You can make up a phone number too or you can get a free incoming line at
http://www.k7.net/

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic