SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Apalled at the behavior of baiters on This American Life

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Reaper
cover up girl i don,t want my new mentee getting the wrong idea about what we do here Wink Wink

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tattoo Mortar x11 Closed lad accounts x17 Safari x3

United States Thailand Switzerland Nigeria Sweden x115

pony Golden Goat Goat x2 Mc Fry

Art baits: X-Wing

419 Eater Theatre: The Hitchhiker

Lads & Crocodiles:
Safari x3 Vcamera x3 {John} {Willie} {Kingsley}

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[img]Image[/img]
me and my new mentee im the smart looking one Wink Wink

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil

Last edited by A SKYHOOK on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I suspect the OP will have left by now but just on the off chance that s/he returns and reads this far down the second page I would like to add a few questions from my own observations in my limited traveling and ignorant life

Has the OP ever spoken to a victim of advanced fee fraud
Has she every tried to mend the broken heart of a love scam victim
or tried to pry the love victim away from the man who has lied and stolen from her for the last 12 months
Has the OP spoken to a woman who is about to lose both her home and investment property to be bankrupt and living with her sister after being scammed, all the while still trying to find more money to pay the last fees
Has she comforted somebody who is facing jail time as well as bankruptcy after cashing fake cheques for a job at below minimum wage.
Has the OP ever had to ring a stranger and try to convince them that a lawyer has stolen their lifes savings
What about dealing with a man who is dieing of cancer and desperately trying to find medication that will comfort his last days only to stumble upon a scammer instead who steals his money which was intended to buy medication.
Has the OP had the experience of talking to a young girl who is suicidal after being scammed
Has s/he ever spoken to a businessman who would like to import from Nigeria but cant because he keeps getting ripped off

I can assure everyone here the answer is no, the reply would be that any action can not justify inconveniencing another person, am I right Pained heart?

Well let me close with this, I would happily give up my baiting and victim support if there were no scammers and instead write sweet poetry to my virtual valentine, unfortunately, I will have to ignore any of that fun right now, I have some innocent people to write to who have been robbed by criminals, please go about your travels with your eyes closed if you wish Confused

Edit
And if not for some pictures posted it would have almost been the bottom of the second page Sad

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.

Last edited by Murry Guru on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pained Heart,

Quote:
I have seen how poverty and famine can alter ones sense of ethics.

Therein lies the crux of the matter. It's impossible to alter something that doesn't exist. Namely, a conscience.

Quote:
If you want to stop these scam emails either (1) ignore them, or (2) encourage an economy in poor countries that makes honest work more profitable.

Now there's some real practical, pro-active advice. Good thinking! I'll do my part, and get a letter of 'encouragement' off to all world governments tomorrow - plus copy it to the UN. That should take care of it.

Please continue to do your part as well, while you're trolling around the continents.

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller said:
Quote:
In particular, read the news story titled, Greek man murdered by 419 scammers, it's very enlightening, here are a couple of snippets from the item, and you expect us to show scammers some mercy when they do things like this?:

He was apparently lured to the country under the pretence that he could earn hundreds of thousands of rands. He was then kidnapped and summarily killed when his family refused to pay the ransom/

The ransom was not paid. A day later, police found George's body in Durban. Both his legs and arms were broken and he had been set alight - probably while he was still alive.

"This was a blatant execution after a failed demand. Mr Makronalli's suitcases full of clothes and travel documents were found with his body. Robbery was not the motive," the police spokesperson said.

Just to bring everyone back down to earth. I can remember when the kidnapping and murder in South Africa that Scam patroller mentions. It happened almost in real time here on 419eater. Members of 419eater were keeping up to date on what was happening, some were helping Ryan from the RSA Police to try and track down the criminals via the net, and then reports of what had happened to this poor man started to be posted. He'd had his arms and legs broken, had been dragged across the ground behinnd a car, then had been set alight.

As someone who sat up watching this tragedy unfold, I don't care if someone convinces a whole battalion of scammers to march into the Sahara and die of thirst. They're scum, greedy, ruthless, vicious scum. If some of them die on some misplanned safari, then it won't be me who is weeping.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Pained heart.

Please come back and read this thread. If only to see where I call you a "stupid cock-wallet" below.

Stupid cock-wallet.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^thats not very nice talking to my new mantee like that juct cos he has not been issued with his box to put his tool yet

ok i have to go into the shed to get the goat feed so i can get my new mentee his new tool box Wink Wink

as a side not if you don,t hit the shift key you get 666 in stead of ^^^ Wink Wink Laughing

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Slightly, I do love reading your posts, you say what only a squirell can get away with.

Dont bother telling Jojo of my comment, he wont believe it Laughing

@ Skyhook, good luck with your mentee, certainly looks like a keeper to me Rolling Eyes

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
friday3
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to add my 2cents as well.

Pained heart. Although I respect that it is your point of view I find it difficult to comprehend why you would go through the effort of posting it in a place so obviously in the favour of those with a differing opinion. The only reason I can see is confrontational so the answers you recieve should be expected in the same vein.

I too have travelled to 3rd world countries and blah blah blah.... but it doesn't mean anything to mine or your ability to understand what will allieviate economic deprivation in these areas nor what affects the ethics of people deprived.

If you knew of true economic disparity you would know that it actually brings out the best in most, a nature to share what little they have as their neighbour may have none. Not the desire to steal.

As for encouraging an ecomomy, what would you suggest? I would truely like to know. Since dictators, residents, foreign powers, the UN, IMF, etc have screwed it up perhaps tips from you could be what we really need to save the world from hunger and scambaiters.

The above text is the sole intellectual property of friday3. Reproduction without the expressed permission of Friday3 is a breach of copyright punishable be a fine of up to $50 000 (payable by check) and/or 5 years jail.

"Hubbard is a "crackpot" and of "doubtful mental background." - From FBI files concerning L, Ron Hubbard

Mods have a wonderful sense of humor; you just aren't funny

Jolly Roger
Mortar x21

Esq
Poster Boi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Am I putting lads through hell? Yes I am guilty as charged

Would we be discussing this, or would I even be here if they didnt attempt to scam me? No

Sand Timer = I knew that MHC6 is one of the wonders in the World,and all of us have to exprience it,and understand it - Okunlola O. Thomas FMHC6

I WAS AT THE NOVOTEL ORISHA HOTEL TILL 11 PM THAT DAY AND I WAS TOLD BY THE HOTEL STAFFS THAT I CAN NOT SPEND A NIGHT THERE AND I HAVE TO LEAVE AND WHENT TO THE NIGERIA EMBASSY THERE IN COTONOU TO STAY TILL THE FOLLOWING DAY AND I CALLED YOU THE FOLLOWING DAY AND YOU ASKED ME TO RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA WHICH I DID AND THAT HAS BEING MY WOST DAYS IN LIFE AS WAS EXPOSED TO A FULL TIME DIFFICITIES. - Augus5tine J4m35
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I personally thought the guys on TAL were awesome. You should get to know them. They are like kittens.

And I personally LOVE how you open up the thread talking about how much you traveled. Pure class. I absolutely love it when people do that.

As for us not understanding their socioeconomic blah blah blah... we know about it. We understand it. We just don't care. I hope that sounds as pleasant to you as it does to me.

Welcome aboard! If you need a mentor, Prof will be glad to help.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like this was just a drive-by:

Pained's Profile wrote:

jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought this one was different luckey. I really did. Just like he/she thought he was going to come in and change our views, I thought we would change his. Luckey, I thought we had something serious here. I mean, maybe this idiot had something to say (he/she was well-traveled you know?). Maybe it was going to make me a true, dignified elite world traveler as the original poster.

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^You'll never amount to much, I'm afraid. Unless you spend a little time trying to encourage an economy in poor countries that makes honest work more profitable.

I'm off to Walmart to do just that.

jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

luckey wrote:
^^You'll never amount to much, I'm afraid. Unless you spend a little time trying to encourage an economy in poor countries that makes honest work more profitable.

I'm off to Walmart to do just that.

Yeah, I don't know what that fool was talking about. For instance, when I buy shoes that are made in Malaysia, I get crap for buying stuff made in sweat shops. All I am trying to do is stimulate the economy. But, being the do-gooder I am, I take it to heart. SO, I go buy shoes made in Italy, I'm only helping out a rich country. So, I don't know what to do.

And honestly, I think that Adamu and co had to really stimulate the internet cafe's income for that time that they were there. So, how dare he hurl false accusations towards us! And, as the original poster was SO well-traveled, he should appreciate the miles that we put under Adamu's belt. He is now a man of the world!

Boy, you can never please some people.

Goat

Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
fnozzzgrrrrrr
Pollen count is very high.

I'm still searching for an "Ethics of Scamming" thread.

A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so does that mean my first mentee lasted 2 min thats got to be a record can the mods check Wink Wink Laughing Laughing

murray i now know how you felt about that mentee, that never pm,ed you back Crying or Very sad Beer

Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
fnozzzgrrrrrr
Allergic rhinitis sucks.
Drive-by trolls more so.

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, we ought to thank him, it was fun, we bitched, we cursed, we got our priorities straight and are all on the same page again, he did gooooood Laughing

Thanks painen heart drop me your addy and we'll talk about it Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, 3 pages and no return from our valiant hero. I think we've about covered every conceivable response. If our angina-affected member returns to issue a retort, I'll be happy to open this back up.

I said "angina" not some other word that resembles "angina". Angina.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic