SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

shipping by UPS

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Osman
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can anyone shed some light into how a lad half way across the world manages to mail me a check within a day or 2 of first contact by email? does he have someone assisting him here?

I figured out the part where he pretends he is in New York by using a fake address. A person can pick up money anywhere with an MTCN.
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check lads often have contacts and/or mules in other countries.

More importantly, where did you have him send your check?

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Osman - luckey is hoping that you did not have a lad send checks to your real address here, or an ITP either. They should only be sent to completely verified fictitious addresses (where you lie on whether or not you got them) or a Premium Member anonymous drop box. Safety of members is paramount.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
jreh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to have all of my cheques mailed to the residence of the Prime Minister of Canada, but lately, they've been going to the general post office box of the legislature of Nunavut, Canada. The latter is better because it costs them more to send it up there unless they use regular postal mail which can take a couple of weeks to get there.

Although they are a third party, I don't consider politicians innocent in any way, shape or form.

huckleberry
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most likely a mule

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did not know better and am a newbie so I had him send the check to my real address but when you speak of safety do you mean "Physical harm" or do you mean the authorities coming to investigate me? In the case of the authorities. They have nothing on me because I am not stupid and will not cash the checks but if the lad decides to show up to my address I am not afraid of physical harm because self defense is legally allowed according to the citizens personal protection act. Local sheriffs issued me a permit.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^@ Osman
Please correct me on this, but I have a vague recollection of a vic being charged with possession of fraudulent cheques in the past year, caught the same way when LEO tracked down the cheques sent by a cheque mule

It's safer to do one of the following options

1/ Pay for the mods Pimms and donate the Premium Donation and get a glowing Orange Nic

2/ Take the cheques to your local LEO with corresponding emails from your lad, and let them write FAKE all over them then start to paper your wall

3/ Take them to your bank, make sure you tell them you think they are fraudulent, along with the lads emails, and leave it to them to confirm.

Which ever option, make sure you have written FAKE in large letters on the cheques.

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic