SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Oh God I was Double baited (by a friend/joke)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FRANK_SHAMROCK
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I usally mess with scammers that try to send me more money for the item amount and request I send them their remainder via western union. I got an email from a guy saying he wanted to buy "a facebook item" from me he saw on the marketplace. A lot of scammers are actually trying to get at unknowing college students. They'll send out a generic message to a bunch of people that says I am interested in your item please email me at this adress.

I usally mess with all these guys. I start emailing a guy back and forth about the purchase of a facebook Item which i said he requested was a book. The scammer then asked me he would like for me to send all my books to him and pay him $200 to sell them to local children in Africa and he will send me back my profits (yea right)

I ask for scanned photo passport which was a horribly fake. I then said I beleived him and would send his funds immediatly. I try to see how many times I can send them to the WU office for a non-existent payment. I send the guy over once and he replies to me the mtcn didnt work and will be getting in contact shortly? (How would he do that he doesnt have my phone number. I never post it ANYWHERE!)

Suddenly i get a call from a blocked number. A man comes on the phone with a really deep voice demaning what happened with the payment Frank!!!. He then demands I make it and says he has my adress (and actually list's it!!) I hang up and utter confusion wondering how on eath this guy figured all my personel information. What should i do??? I need to go to authorites. He sends me another harsh email asking why I hung up and says he will send a US asociate to my house to get my funds or else.

I'm about to start looking for authorites, then I get in AIM IM from my from my friend saying "HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA" "Your ass has been.... DOUBLE BAITED!!!"

Good laugh in the end. Anything similar?

May greed drive the thief.... into insanity

Last edited by FRANK_SHAMROCK on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just some jackass badger having some moronic fun with you I guess.

This is EXACTLY why we urge anyone that wants to take up baiting to BAIT SAFELY!

Set up a fake email address with fake details. Sign up for a facebook account with all your FAKE details etc.

NOTHING about your baiting persona should ever even vaguely point to your real-life details.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
FRANK_SHAMROCK
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit, no need to quote the full post of a post directly above, we can see it just there ^^^ Wink - SP

I share my emails with friends about baiting and such (hence how he pulled his joke).

The way the facebook marketplace is set up it is impossible for them to see who you are. They just send you a generic request for your "item" and ask to write a reponse to [email protected] Simply if you dont "over-analyse" the situation like you are now, you'll see it was a creatve joke by a friend (that admitted to it).

Last edited by FRANK_SHAMROCK on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wasn't aware that you were presenting this as a joke that your buddies pulled on you. Sorry.

Basically when someone comes in and says something like that in their 1st post I think a lot of us would assume that they are freaked out and want some advice.

And I know how facebook marketplace, craigslist etc all work. But if you send off an email reply to them from your real-life email address, they now have your real-life email address. And it isn't difficult for them to hunt you down on facebook, myspace, or any other service that has an email-search feature.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Trixi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And the moral of this story is.....

.... do not FEED the Trolls. Rolling Eyes

Glad you are laughing about it now though... Smile

"<i>I warned earlier to stop dealing with the the people scamming you but you would not. You shouls stop emailing this fellow who claims to be Godspower but he is not </i>" - Bob the British High Commissioner

"<i>The FBI man stil believes that no body was hacked</i>", "<i>Ididnt mean to orger you around, please do not be anoid we are not fighting</i>" - DHL Nigeria guyman

"<i>Sorry if I sounded hash</i>" - the undercover FBI guy in London's newest suburb Lagos.
pony
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Simply if you dont "over-analyse" the situation like you are now, you'll see it was a creatve joke by a friend (that admitted to it).

I read it the same way Blah did.I seemed as though you were asking for some kind of advise.Beginners make that kind of mistake all the time.People are just trying to help

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Rabbit
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I started reading it like all you regulars, but the last two sentences make it pretty clear he/she was trying to open up a dialogue regarding this type of experience/behaviour. (I can see how those two sentences can be missed.. I almost skipped over them, too). And the rest of the conversation seems like one big misunderstanding where I don't think anyone really meant to offend, though it seems people did get offended. The dangers of communicating without the non-verbal cues.

Either way. Should I ever start baiting I would think it would be unwise to share baiting account information with anyone -- especially friends that like to play gags -- to avoid any 'jokesters' leading to me needing to dry clean my pants!

I would hope that this isn't a common occurrence. Kind of defeats the purpose and is somewhat unproductive I would think.
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not a good joke IMO. Had it been me, I'd have done a bit more about it.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you do this long enough, the chances are that you may come across some form of organised crime in your own country, with people who WILL be prepared to rearange your head witth baseball bats or worse. So it's a good lesson to learn.

We deal with 419 scammers, and most of them are a long way away and not likely to be willing or able to take revenge on you, but we know that many have connections and contacts around the world. Even then, they will predominantly have no interest or will to hunt you down. However I have had two occassions recently where I have taken on what are likely to be more than just disorganised scammers.

It is so easy to make yourself secure and anonymous my granny could do it, so thee's no excuse or reason to take risks.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
maradiaga
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wondering if you think its safe to scambait from home, i mean, could they ever get your IP address??
Larson
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I reccomend using Gmail, as it masks your IP address.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most people bait from home - I do.

I use gmail mostly because I like it. It also hides your ip, so I recommend it to beginners.

I also bait using yahoo that doesn't hide your ip because:-

1 I know my ip points to a) the USA or b) the Yorkshire Moors depending on which ip checker is used - and neither of those are near where I live

2 Only one Lad I have baited (and I've baited thousands maybe tens of thousands) has ever mentioned my ip - and he hadn't any real clue what he was talking about

3 It is a rare Lad who would spend money to come and get me - and from 1) I know he'd go to the wrong place anyway - and I'd earn a safari

4 I live alone and am known to be grumpy to strangers.

5 I know the risk (which is minimal) and accept it

Your work ip may be static and therefore may be a more accurate guide to where you work, and your employer may not approve of you baiting during work hours.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I always Google a new baiter's name to make sure that he is baiting safely and cannot be tracked down to other forums on the net. A few years ago a co-worker sent an email and I Googled the user name. I was surprized to find my photo and photos of other co-workers that I had taken, along with half naked photos of himself on single's forums. Some must have been taken off my office bulletin board, scanned and then replaced. I was upset about not just the breach of security, but the theft of my work. A deeper root on the net showed that he is searching for a female under 4 foot 11 inches. I can honestly say his profile was what he chose and not something of my doing. I showed his postings and the photos to another worker who went viral with it. Later on the guy that spread the news started receiving calls at work from single women. It turned out that the guy looking for love thought that he was being baited and was giving out the viral guy's work phone number.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
FRANK_SHAMROCK
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

blah wrote:
Wasn't aware that you were presenting this as a joke that your buddies pulled on you. Sorry.

Basically when someone comes in and says something like that in their 1st post I think a lot of us would assume that they are freaked out and want some advice.

And I know how facebook marketplace, craigslist etc all work. But if you send off an email reply to them from your real-life email address, they now have your real-life email address. And it isn't difficult for them to hunt you down on facebook, myspace, or any other service that has an email-search feature.

haha its fine. I just thought you were trying to be a stiff one on the new poster, but its ok. Just for the record this was on an Alt gmail account. I thought of my IP adress before i go out hunting Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic