SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Something Seriously Wrong with my Computer Screen

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, changing screens wouldn't of helped in my case, but it's a good way to find the root of the problem.

ScamViking
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2 wrote:
Quote:
It was because I was trying to run a game that demanded too much RAM and left the graphics card short
that will happen then too with a different monitor attached or not? Or am I complete off there?

These symptoms should be totally different.

As you see in the screenshots above the color-error is even when starting the machine up. At that point the specific driver of the graphic-card isn't used, and the RAM isn't "overstuffed".

But... the error RTCB points out should also be visible on an external monitor. But as said: this should be a completly different cause.

Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As I said, A reboot always fixed it, so no it didn't affect the welcome screen etc, but the colour effect was very similar when it did go wrong.

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe the video driver got corrupted. Try and download the latest drivers for your video card, in the device manager uninstall them, reboot, and install the new ones. If this won't help there's a hardware failure.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
ScamViking
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder why so many people think it is a driver problem. And then suggest the best way would be to try that first.

To update an driver or a restore of the pc is much more work then to check first if it is a (very likely) hardware problem.
You only have to start in the bios and you know for sure if it is software or hardware.
Or even try an external monitor. (But this won't cut out an hardware failure in all cases).

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't ya just love intermittant problems. I sure do. Cool Keep that external monitor handy, and keep the pc running in that bad condition. Connect the external monitor, turn it on, and switch to that port (usually a Function key on the keyboard can switch it) for the external monitor. If the monitor looks good, then you have an LCD screen problem, like Roy said, could be a solder joint that is making bad contact. Heat might make a difference, too. It might only go out when the screen has been on a long time. Slightly's "banging with a hammer" gently wacking the sides of the screen (no hammer though!) might loosen up an intermittant joint and produce or temporarily "fix" the problem. If the external monitor looks like crap, too, it's definitely a hardware problem on the motherboard, and I seriously doubt any drivers will fix it. Video driver problems in most cases are complete lockups of the screen, or mouse, but the video onscreen looks good. If you haven't recently changed drivers, and it's been working fine for a long time, it's not the drivers.
Now, if it would only break again, and stay broken, so you can really fix it! Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
midnitedriver
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i want a video vile of those to send to the lads. one that doesn't let you know that media player is starting up. it just starts with a system critical failure, and then gets really weird from there.
so when i am supposed to send a filled out form, they think their computer crashed, however it is a harmless video or avi file.
can i get a toolkit builder with more tech skill to build me something of the like?
system shutting down because you hit the wrong button idiot, then blue screen of death, then fade to black for about 5 minuets.

"Actully my marriage is arranged by my parents,And my wife is my cousin.She is completely illetrate"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic