SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

PC upgrade

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, friday I felt like messing around with Linux (again... openSUSE this time), and I formatted one of my Linux Ext3 partitions with PowerQuest Partition Magic 8.0... I guess that software still has some bugs, because it managed to fuck up the partition table.
So, I rebooted the PC and nothing. Booted from a WIN98 floppy that I still keep around in case of emergencies, everything ok in DOS mode.
But no XP or Linux either. hoboy... Crying or Very sad
Shit... It was almost like that old stupid joke: Windows is for mainstream, straight people... Mac OS is for gay, and Linux for masochists.
I got so mad that I went to the computer shop and I got a 750 Gb brand new HDD. So now I have 1 Tb total storage. Very Happy
I'll blank out the old (2006) 250 Gb HDD, then put Win XP and openSuse on it.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Mac OS is for gay

And artistic types, who want a pretty computer...

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing And I guees I am a bit maso, for using Linux.
Hell no, Linux is for tech savvy with huge patience and a high frustration threshold... But after that, the satisfaction is worth it.
Wink Like making love with a beautiful woman Wink
The courtship is hard, but the results are worthy.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man

Last edited by Kabuto Sama on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScamViking
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kabuto Sama wrote:
and Linux for masochists.

Hmm... I am an sadist and are using Linux and Windows on different pcs. (3:1 for Linux)... so... there must be something wrong. Wink

iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
Quote:
Mac OS is for gay

And artistic types, who want a pretty computer...

Oi!!

Intel iMac with OS 10.5.something
tiny Acer PC with windows XP
old PC with Ubuntu

So I'm a mainstream straight gay masochist am I? Confused

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got Linux in dual boot (w/ Vista 64) on my laptop but am not an expert at all with it. With XP, I can toss in the OS cd and use that to FIXMBR to repair the master boot record, does Linux have something similar to that to help you?

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some completely informative and unbiased articles about Linux and the installation process:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Linux
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/HowTo:Install_Linux

I have dabbled in Linux enough to know how frustrating it can be. Hell it took three hours after the installation to get the proper firmware for my wireless NIC and another hour or so to find the package for a better wireless interface. And thats with Ubuntu! I think the Compiz Fusion stuff was what abosrbed me the most about Linux, but I'm trying to learn Python, so I'll be spending more time with it.

Either way, I'll be securing more lads bank accounts no matter which way you slice it.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nah, not an OS problem...It is a Partition Magic mishap. On the 250 Gb HDD I have several partitions: a small (12 Gb) C, for Windows and Program Files, a big 100 Gb D for games and downloads-in-progress, another 100 Gb for music and movies, and the rest are for Linux (2 Ext3 partitions and a swap).
I just wanted to FORMAT the first Ext3 partition. I used that software (Partition Magic) for more than 10 years, from version 3.0 to the actual 8.0, ang generally it worked well. But now it managed to fuck up the partition table of the disk, together with the MBR.

Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Problem solved. I got meself a nice soft called Parted Magic, repartitioned my ol 250 Gb HDD (16 Gb C, booting with both Win98 and XP, 180 Gb NTFS partition, the rest for Linux). The brand new big 750 Gb is big whoopie NTFS partition.
Initially wanted to put PM on a RW CD, but then I had a better idea. Wink
Found around a 256 Mb xD card that wus juuuust perfect.
Glad to have a card reader and USB boot abilities Wink
This is another of my steps toward free software. This one worked well.
Step by step I replaced commercial (ahh, ok, I use pirated soft) with freeware alternatives . Usually, if I do my research well, the free stuff is even better than commercial ones.

music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Screenshot says it all! Very Happy

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Only 4 hours uptime MM? and if you keep using amarok, you'll go blind. Wink

I find with both Windows and Linux you'll occasionally hit a tough problem that will have you tearing your hair out for three days. The difference is that with Windows you'll finish up formatting and reinstalling, sadder and no wiser. With Linux you'll succeed, learn something and feel empowered.

They've both got the same number of security fixes per day too.

I paid for every version of Windows until I couldn't afford 2000, and then wasn't prepared to agree to the XP EULA.

The only bad bits of Linux are the lack of manufacturer support for device drivers, the lack of Linux ports for niche applications where open source doesn't have enough user-base to fly, and the very few bits that aren't quite there yet - they work, but they are not standardised enough for mainstream.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't game so there are NO downsides using Linux for me!!

I really don't know what you are talking about with Amarok- I think its a great music player! Can you use it for "Frankie Vaughn" as well ? Wink

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My bad, I was thinking it was that bit-torrent thing, Azureus. I always get those two confused because I don't run either.

Amarok is, IIRC however, one of those annoying breeds that think they know better than you when you try to close them down.

"Ha Ha You tried to close me, but I'm still alive and well in the System Tray. You'll have to try harder, puny human."

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
ithor
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:

Amarok is, IIRC however, one of those annoying breeds that think they know better than you when you try to close them down.

"Ha Ha You tried to close me, but I'm still alive and well in the System Tray. You'll have to try harder, puny human."

That's why there is console command called KILL Smile

Hmm.. I have a hackintosh (OSX on normal PC hardware), a decent laptop with Vista and a couple of servers running Ubuntu.. oh and I forgot the heart of my recording studio, which is a PC running XP.. and it's interface looks a bit like XFCE for linux...

I guess that makes me straight gay sadomasochist?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic