SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Something Seriously Wrong with my Computer Screen

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok so basically a few days ago I turned on my laptop and, all of a sudden, this weird thing came up. All dark colors became reds, light color became blues, and other strange happenings. Please see the linked pictures, and, yes, all those reds and weird horizontal lines are real. Anyone with any help please let me know because I really don't want to buy another laptop.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/simpsonman3000/DSCN1183.jpg- startup screen

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/simpsonman3000/DSCN1184.jpg - return from hibernation

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/simpsonman3000/DSCN1182.jpg - hibernating (screen supposed to be black)

http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/simpsonman3000/?action=view¤t=DSCN1177.jpg - my desktop (picture of Hobbes should look like this : http://www.calvin-und-hobbes.com/images/stories/wallpaper/chwp43_1024x768.jpg)

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/simpsonman3000/DSCN1186.jpg - youtube video. yes... the red is real... WTF

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/simpsonman3000/DSCN1181.jpg - internet history... what is the deal with the green lines?

[EDIT]: links didn't work for me

HEY YOU OLD DISEASED SLAPPER I KNOW YOU F**K ANYTHING AND SUCK EVERYTHING HEARD YOUR C**T IS SO BIG NOW EVEN A HORSE CANT FILL IT!!! ENJOY IT AND HOPE YOU GETS AIDS YOU DISEASED MUGA BASTARD!!!- Some lad got pissed when I called him a slut.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The last ones worked for me, eww that doesn't look pretty. I had to get a new screen for a laptop I trod on in a powercut, and it was most of the price of the laptop. I'm sure others have more idea if that's software or hardware.

Mind you, much of the 1970's looked like that to me.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
ScamViking
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the moment it is hard for me to believe this to be an software-problem.

Looks more like an hardware-problem... maybe the connection video card - screen...

But... lets see what others have to say.

P.S.: Did the laptop lay long time in the sun or in an heated area? Did it got a hit?

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting, but you think different I get it.

system restore to date before first apperance ? No success?

Control panel -- system- tab Hardware --device manager -- display adapter open that -- right hand click Update driver
same to Monitors open it and Update driver

No success? then something might be going bad.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hmmm i guess i could try a system restore...

and no it was not left in the sun... just in a room with normal use.

i would say the thing is like 4 years old. a desktop replacement laptop.

HEY YOU OLD DISEASED SLAPPER I KNOW YOU F**K ANYTHING AND SUCK EVERYTHING HEARD YOUR C**T IS SO BIG NOW EVEN A HORSE CANT FILL IT!!! ENJOY IT AND HOPE YOU GETS AIDS YOU DISEASED MUGA BASTARD!!!- Some lad got pissed when I called him a slut.
ScamViking
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2 wrote:
Control panel -- system- tab Hardware --device manager -- display adapter open that -- right hand click Update driver
same to Monitors open it and Update driver

The windows driver isn't used in the startup screen and return from hibernation as far as I know...
The driver kicks in at the login-screen afair.

Edit:
When entering the bios of the laptop. Does it looks strange too?

simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wtf is the bios?

i do know about using computers, but i don't know anything about drivers and bios and stuff like that.

simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

also:

the light blues look like they are in motion... and so does the red on my start bar. like its on a conveyor belt?????

o help me jebus

ScamViking
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Bios

You normaly enter the bios by pressing "Del" while you boot up (not resuming from hibernation) your machine. Before the windows startup is displayed.

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If restore, drivers and bios don't give the desired results I'm beginning to think screwdriver and I don't know if you want to go that way. Most of the time the plug (as mentioned before) will come lose or even worse the cable is starting to go where it bends. Does moving the screen change the view?

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^no it doesnt. and there is no way i am going into my computer to try to fix anything. everything on it works except for this thing.

although there is a small internet issue where some sites are not loading and others do... although this has been happening for a while. usually turning it off and on will be hit and miss is getting it working for me... maybe you guys can help me solve this problem too?

ScamViking
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Before you try to restore your pc try to get into the bios... or boot with an linux-boot-disk/-cd or something else.

This way we can see if the problem is only under windows (driver problem.. something different a restore could solve), or if it is an hardware-problem.

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Assuming you did the software thing and made sure you have the right drivers and bios is recognizing everything as planned then the chance that it is software related gets smaller. You can do a virus scan as there are some old viruses out there that played with your screen. Used an old floppy lately?
Go to the resellers or computer site and try to get a chat with a technician there. I always found that Compaq (HP) is very nice to product users. First collect some info on system and windoze version so you can answer their first questions. No clue what you are running though.
A Google for keywords like "computer + type + display" can bring some info too.
Keep us posted, we are willing to help, but my arms aren't long enough to get to your keyboard Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My first thought would be a dying video card of which there really isn't anything you can do.

Other than that I would also suggest that you try to update your video card drivers. Go to the websites of whoever made your laptop (Dell, Gateway, ...) and do a search for drivers for your model, download them and try to install them.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok guys thanks for all the tips

i am going to try them all out tonight as i am not near my computer right now.

ill keep you all up to date

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you have an external monitor port on the laptop? If you do, try plugging in a monitor there, and switching video output to the external monitor. If it's ok, then your laptop screen is bad. If the external monitor is bad, too, then it's the video components in the motherboard, and buying a new laptop might make more sense. It's definitely a hardware problem, though.

Edit: If I was a betting man, I'd say it's a hardware problem in the higher voltage horizontal sync circuit in the laptop screen. Maybe the analog to digital converter circuit of the horizontal control. I've seen similar things in crt monitors and tv sets.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Try the hammer technique.

Lightly tap the top of your monitor with a claw hammer and gradually increase the intensity of each strike until the problem is solved.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know computer screens can be replaced.
Did it the other week for my son's.
Sent of for a screen to suit his laptop and followed the guides on youtube
A bit fiddly
But if I can do it...

edit to say I dont know if that's definetly whats wrong with it though

Last edited by Nanny Ogg on Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
termikxs
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Try to install new graphic card drivers.
ScamViking
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

termikxs wrote:
Try to install new graphic card drivers.

I doubt this will solve the problem

I am with SH: Hardware-Problem.

Try to look in the bios if there is the same strange behaviour and/or try to put an external monitor.

Much less work than restore or trying with the drivers.

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Lightly tap the top of your monitor with a claw hammer and gradually increase the intensity of each strike until the problem is solved.

Is that you Mom Question Image

her special way to deal with malfunctioning equipment, I gave her a rubber mallet to "repair" those as her steel hammer left dents Wink

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok guys well i had no time to do any of your stuff... but then i turned it on today and VOILA!!!! it is fixed!!!!!!!!!

i have no idea what happened.... it is just fine now!

thanks for all your help (even tho i didnt use it), u guys all seem to know exactly what you are doing.

i can only hope it is better now.

thanks again

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Loose connection or a dry soldered joint probably.

Sorry but it'll be back. Start watching eBay for a decent replacement...

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to get something similar on my old laptop, It was because I was trying to run a game that demanded too much RAM and left the graphics card short.

A reboot always cleared it though, so I'd guess your problem is with the card itself. If/when it happens again, I'd go with what SH said and try linking it up to a spare monitor, then you'll know for sure.

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It was because I was trying to run a game that demanded too much RAM and left the graphics card short
that will happen then too with a different monitor attached or not? Or am I complete off there?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic