SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this dangerous?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nigerian Nightmare
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I am starting to bait the lad who is doing the job scam, where they send you a check and you deposit it, then wire funds yada yada. I got the lad from a thread on here but I cant find it now. Anyway I am to the point where he sent me the check, but it requires I downloand something to view the check and I dont trust it. Any advice? I dont want to risk clicking the Zip file. Here is what he wrote:

The electronic check was attached to this email. This is the instruction how toPrint the check. To view and print this check, you must have InstiCheck Viewerinstalled on your computer. So please fellow the steps to download theInstiCheck Viewer.. (1) Download the latest version of InstiCheck Viewer byclick this link ( http://altalimpieza.com/templates/Insticheckviewer.zip ) download the InstiCheck Viewer and run it on your system. (2) Download theelectronic check that was attachment to this email. 3. Open the InstiCheckViewer you run on your Computer and follow this Step.. A. Click on Open on theInstiCheck Viewer B. Select the check electronic check you downloaded,the onethat was was attatched to this email C. Click on Settings and set the PrintModule to (IC_Print_Std_3_Up) and Click on Save D. Click on File on theInstiCheck Viewer, Scroll down and click Print setup, click on E-mail and fillit with SMTP servers = mail.bluebottle.com. Senders Email address = [email protected] and click on save E. click go to Print and then click onprinter setting, to setup your printing. Finally Click on OK after you mighthave inserted the check paper into the Printer. When you have the check printedthen carefully cut out the Real check at the top and take it to your Bank tocash or deposit it, and get back to me when you print and cash or deposit thecheck.. Thanks
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell him that you are using a Macintosh and can't open the file.

You will need him to send the check Fedex next-day air.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Nigerian Nightmare
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I like it but I gave a bogus address. Need to drag this thing out but I dont have a PO Box etc. like some of the more seasoned baiters.
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You don't need him to send it to a REAL address. You just need him to spend a good dime mailing it into oblivion. Very Happy

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is becoming more common lately, the lads get the mule to print the cheques too. Maybe they've been having problems with the ones they send by fedex etc? Wink

Anyway, every time my baiting characters attempt to print their damn cheques, there's some kind of problem. Sometimes the files they send aren't cheques at all, they're something obscene. Even when they ARE cheques, the banks refuse them immediately, claiming they've been produced by 'fraud stars'. This modality's more trouble than it's worth for the lads. If you wouldn't mind sharing his addy, perhaps a few more of us can help persuade him of this.

First-rate top-notch common sense in not opening that link, by the way. Don't touch any executables they send or direct you to with a 15-foot barge pole.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
Nigerian Nightmare
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ By all means, bombard this dummy. [email protected]

Yeah I guess ill just have to yank his chain. I was curious as to what the check would look like though, but Im not going to bother to try and download it. I can always tell him I did and then mess with him about the WU transfer etc.
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen this lad before. Pretty good English as I recall. There's some deadend addresses it can go to and it will cost him for the shipping.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Need to drag this thing out but I dont have a PO Box etc. like some of the more seasoned baiters.

@NN - You don't have to be seasoned to get a P.O. Box. Just have a little cash to donate, and you can be a Premium Member, and get access to them. Click on the orange link in my siggy for details. Very Happy

In the meantime, just make sure you have him send the checks to a completely fictitious address. We don't want them getting into the hands of victims. When they don't make it to their destination, you can tell him you got it, or didn't get it. Either way depending on how you want to take the bait. Cool

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course you can have dozens of problems along the way - can't download, virus scanner said it was infected, can't install at work, you have a Mac at home, you don't understand his instructions, you don't have a printer, you're out of black ink, you've only got glossy photo paper, the prints all smudge, the ink ran in the rain, the bank refused it, etc - that's a good weeks worth of well-intentioned excuses Wink Of course don't even bother installing or even downloading it, just stumble from problem to problem, in the end you should get an offer to fedex a cheque Wink
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He is being massbaited here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155820

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Nigerian Nightmare
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sir scam alot wrote:
I've seen this lad before. Pretty good English as I recall. There's some deadend addresses it can go to and it will cost him for the shipping.

LOL youre right! I double checked the IP to make sure it was Lagos because his English is almost flawless. Its a small lad world I suppose.
Annie.T.Rembler
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a quickie on this lad (s), not the ussual WU route so far. Instructed to open 2 UK bank acc0unts.......... Beyond my novice area, (still enjoying dippy confused persona, and yes thank you for the very large font 17 line step by step instruction, however, on step 2 you said..............)

So Im off for a long lie down in a dark room, until I can get to step 3.......

Of course, Im already a customer of said bank, phew, wasnt that lucky! But defo seasoned banklad eaters welcome on this one.......
Nigerian Nightmare
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ yeah havent gotten that far with him. Im still acting too dumb to open the attachement and download the check viewer.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic