SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

419 fraud on Dutch TV

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dr. Max Wieldruk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tonight the Dutch TV programme 'Opgelicht' ('scammed') paid a lot of attention to 419 fraud. With, among others, interviews with the police, an MP, and the ubiquitous Frank Engelsman from detective agency Ultrascan. He really does know a thing or two and more about 419 fraud.

There was Australian footage of scammers being caught red-handed on camera and footage of the EFCC raiding an internet cafe in Lagos. (I hate to see fellow-men suffer, but in this case I may just make an exception to that...) Wink

The show explained how the scam works - so not much that seasoned baiters here won't know. The policeman telling how difficult it is to arrest the scammers (having their guilt proven legally is pretty difficult in the Netherlands...) and the politician assuring us that something must be done. You get the idea... Anyway, publicity on TV creates awareness and that's a step in the right direction.

Those who wish to watch: www.opgelicht.nl . Click 'Uitzending'-> Uitzending 20-01-2009. It wasn't on line yet at the moment of posting this but I'm pretty sure the show can be watched on the internet presently. The show is in Dutch but the Australian footage is in English with Dutch subtitles.

And their website has some good advice on Nigerian fraud AND scam baiting with link to 419eater!: http://www.opgelicht.nl/index.php?id=304

- What happen because we where at the Airport to pick you up as we schadule but we could not found you. (Evans William)

Netherlands 2x| Safari 1x, Amsterdam-Delfzijl, 250 km Mortar x12

Last edited by Dr. Max Wieldruk on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Max, always nice to hear something from the "thuis front" in my "moerstaal"
Appreciated, thanks for sharing Thumbs up

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dank U Wel Dr. Max

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I enjoyed footage of the EFCC raiding an internet cafe, thats what I call giving a Lad a slap Laughing

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to know about it - thanks for notifying, Dr. Max Very Happy
Can you translate us later what the Ultrascan guy says? I´ve heard a thing or two about it...

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Centropy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hoi mannen... ik heb er zin an... ofwel ik wel die gasten ook wel ff lekker te grazen nemen... ik heb al een email adres etc.. maar volgens mij is de tip om dat op die guestbooks te doen al wat oud aangezien die dingen niet echt meer in gebruik zijn, ik zoek wat tips en iemand om mee te converseren over deze sport, wie ow wie wil me helpen?

Translation in short: Hey boys who can help me out in my own language Dutch with baiting and talking over tips.
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hoi Pieter, welkom bij Eater.

Seeding guestbooks is still very effective. So is signing up with dating sites like 4ppl.com.

For the time being have a look here at the Surplus section: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18 : there are hundreds of lads there awaiting some love and attention ...

Have a good look around, especially the stickies, bait safe, and you can apply for a mentor here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306

Have fun.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Pieter and welcome here, lots of us can help you out, when needed, I used to talk like that too, even had a neighbor with the same last name, so if that's your real name, PM a Moderator and have it changed, I would suggest the old family shop name, like Carel&Antoon would work wonders Laughing
We don't care about your spelling mistakes, all we want is some fun and your input. Just turn on your spelling checker and ask questions when needed. You'll never hear a word about typo's here, they're cool. Cool
Lees wat je kan en vraag wat je niet kan ontcijferen of niet begrijpt
Fun/Plezier and/en bait/aas SAFE/VEILIG Wink

Houdoe

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thx Max. Just saw the stream of the TV program. They did a good job on creating awareness I think.

@FrumpyBB: He explained about the types of scams (we all know those), and told that 1/3 of the Nigerian economy thrives on 419 frauds. Estimated at € 4.3 billion in 2008 worldwide, and rapidly increasing too. Shocked

ETA: I thought this was particularly interesting on the Ultrascan website: http://www.ultrascan.nl/html/victims.html , scroll down a bit to the grey text blocks.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)

Last edited by Dutch on Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2 wrote:
You'll never hear a word about typo's here

Bill, you forgot to properly place some commas..

j/k Wink

I am actually VERY impressed to see how well our non-english speakers do with their posts around here.

Not to mention it would be very hypocritical for me seeing as I don't speak any other languages...

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Centropy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whell it whasnt my intention to write without grammar error's and so on, cuz its a forum and most forums dont fall on it. I have a spell checker etc. so dont worry. And of course its not my real name etc. But for the dutch people who wants to gimme a ride, please pm me
I hope to speak to you soon, thanx further for the warm welcome.

Greetzzz

Last edited by Centropy on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome, Pieter Very Happy

@ Dutch - thanks ! (oh my. Recent figures and they are so depressingly high.)

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Mister X
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here you have the link to that video

Hier heb je de link van de uitzending op 20-01-2009.

http://www.opgelicht.nl/index.php?id=uitzendingen&itemUid=246&autostart=true

Centropy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So Changed my Nick, better cuz google index might come here and put my bait name into the index... Tnx for the tip dudes... now on topic here i gues...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic