SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lad in transit - Enugu to Lagos - 14 days starnded

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I was trying to work that in earlier but he was rejecting all offers of it. Guess he figured the amount was nothing compared to the cash in his package.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Well, I'm trying to work it too...maybe this added incentive with help.
I'm pretending I never got the "BYE BYE" email and responded from an earlier one. Plus I'm giving him the chance to be a nice guy.

Quote:
I have talked to Parcel Direct and told them what you said about not meeting the agent. I guess you had already written to them about that. I'm not sure I understand what has happened...why you didn't meet him? They said that you are going to meet him at his airport...that's it is not that far...is that right?

Jack, when I talked to Parcel Direct, they said we can submit a claim for damages which would be 3 times the value of the package or $21,000. There's a claim form for you to document your dealing with the thief agent and they said when they have that to submit to their insurance company, they can send the funds to the Cotono agent for immediate dispersal.

Anyway, the thing is...I don't have any money right now to send you. I'm sorry that I was questioning you about your friend....I guess I was kind of ashamed that I can't help you right now. My last paycheck went to pay my rent and car insurance. I cleaned out my savings to come see you and then send you the $6000 and the computer. I don't get paid until the 25st and I need to pay my electric bill before that. I talked to my friend Erica but...well, although she is glad that I've found you and that we have this incredible love between us, she was also skeptical when I came back from England...well, you remember all that. Bottom line, she is not willing to give me any money.

So honey, can you tell the Parcel Direct guy to send you the claim form (or I can have him send it to me and then send it on to you)? Then you can go to Cotono and get the money and the package. Could you then send me half of it to pay off my trip to England to see you.

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
Farkward
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you should also tell him that if he fills out the insurance forms and later decides to retrieve the package, he gets to keep it all. The greedy little bastard will probably go for it. If he refuses, I would tell him as shipper you want to get the money and would he help you by filling out the forms?

You know, you could find some small print paragraph on the back of your receipt, and you called the carrier to see what it means. It states:
Quote:

LIMITED INSURANCE COVERAGE

Parcel DirectTM (hereinafter referred to as "PD" and "the company") indemnifies shipper up to $25,000 for the first incident, and up to $50,000 for all claims filed per annum.

As a US contract carrier, we guarantee delivery with confirmation and will reimburse the shipper or recipient treble damages (declared value of goods time three) for all packages permanently damaged in transit, lost as the result of company negligence, or in cases of employee malfeasance or fraud.

By using PD, both shipper and recipient agree to assist the company in any and all investigations, including providing original receipts, payment records and interfacing with company investigators via telephone, mail or email. Refusal to do so nullifies guarantee.

If your package is not delivered within 30 days, but has arrived at its destination, then recipient must claim insurance proceeds. If package is lost in transit, shipper must claim insurance proceeds. In cases of disputes, the company will determine whether shipper or receiver should file the claim and all decisions of PD will be final.

Insurance proceeds may be retained by shipper/recipient if package is delivered subsequent to the insurance award. Insurance claims do not require that shipper/recipient forfeit rights to future delivery of said parcel. This provision is in compliance with the Federal Trade Commission ruling on fairness in expedited mail and international shipping guidelines as published in the Federal Register in 1999.

This agreement may be modified or suspended with 30-day written notice by the FTC.

No other guarantees are expressed or implied other than what has been listed here.

That looks sort of official. You could sucker him back in by saying the company won't let you file the paperwork, won't he PLEASE help you? You really need the money. . .
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Nicely written, I'll see if I can work it in if he's still game

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Syrinx
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can see a definite use for that insurance information in my near future.......

Closed lad accounts x9
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Confirmation the lad still sits in Lagos

7:04 pm Nigeria time Sunday
41.219.253.247 Nigeria (Lagos)

He thinks I am a fellow lad...but if I was, I would understand the viewpoint he is coming from, wouldn't I Confused

Quote:
It seem you do not understand the view point am coming from.Listen i can see that you never wanted my progress in life. Au contraire! I desire very much to see you progress to Benin Since i met you it has been from one problem to another.Now you use an unexisting company to send a package God knows if it true.I left my sick father for about 8 days suffering in a city where i don't know very well.
Let me make it clear to you know.I don't understand why you do not want to call the package back.Since i can clams damages you too can.Why don't work towards claiming the damages and use the money to off set your bill.I thing it will go along way to help you.See i don't if you know where is cotonu?Look through the map of africa.You want me to go there but to send this little money for me to transport there is very difficult for you.
Grace be sincere to yourself why have decided to run me down after puting all my trust in you.I must tell you that all this is fraud am very sure.You sound so much like fraudster.Remember you once called me one,now you are behaving like one.Lets see where this trick will lead you.The only thing you can do is by making me suffer.Bingo! If i were you i will call back my package from cotonu and use the money for your bills.
Na wee.............. wee................. Onye Oru

At this point, I don't know what he is waiting in Lagos for...if he thinks I am a fellow lad or a fraudster. So he must still have hope...hopefully it's enough to propel him onward.

My response
Quote:
I don't know why you keep calling me a fraudster....I haven't asked you for anything except your love. And I never, ever called you one!!! I said that some people I knew wondered...since you left England when I got there. I defended them to you and I'm very upset that you are now saying I thought you were a fraudster. I wonder if you are looking for excuses to dump me.

You're right, I can file the claim for damages too and if you want me to, I will do that. I just thought it would be better for you to do it since you could recount all that has gone on between you and the thief agent...I don't know what you have written to each other or what he told you. And the damages money would be released to you. If you want me to put in the claim and collect the money, I will. Can I still send you the claims form to fill out?

I'm sorry I didn't know how far Cotonoo is for you. I did look on a map...it looked like it was about 100 miles. I didn't think that was so far. That would be less than a 2 hour drive here.

"Na wee.............. wee................. Onye Oru" Does that mean "I love you" in Nigerian? Because I love you too!!! Na wee wee onye oru.

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
Farkward
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I spent many years writing up ad copy and newspaper articles. I can generate pages of official sounding crap for just about anything in a few moments. I type 95 wpm with very few mistakes.

If you need anything written like that, PM me. . . regulatory stuff, insurance, government, instructions, website copy. . .

I'm really good at making fake newspaper articles, having written for one for years and producing about 14 broadsheet pages each week on my own. You learn to crank our mindless stuff without really working at it. Putting a press release on your website is a great legitimizing tactic. I'm happy to help with those.

I'm also really good at writing corporate crap, "About Our Company" which talks about our forward-thinking strategies to expand into emerging markets while creating sophisticated approaches to fostering global leadership skills among our employee assets.

I once worked in marketing for a multi-level marketing company. Enough said.

I read that someone is putting together a new shipping company. If they would like some help with creating various warranties, disclaimers, lengthy form paragraphs that must be read before filling out, etc. drop me a PM.
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I am the one w/ the new shipping site. I've closed up PD for all future use and will switch to the new one soon. I finished it almost a year ago, but it is moving to a new server so some of the php server calls need to be re-written </end nerd speak> It uses most of the same info from the PD site, but I wouldn't have a problem with someone adding some confusing legalize.

Looks like playing it straight has continued to keep the lad confused, possibly thinking the shipping company may be real. I got this an hour ago.

Quote:
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your mail.I want you to understand that i never called you a GAY...rather i said GAY MAN[Um, yeah, I see the distinction Rolling Eyes ].Be that as it may,i never meant to call you names,but the situation is getting out of hand.How do you expect me to travel to cotonu while i have been in Lagos all these while and got nothing in return.
Sir may i know when the Agent will be due to make another trip to Lagos.If he is coming by air then i think it will be good for us to meet at the airport.Then the next thing is lets have a proper date and time.If he is coming by land,here is my phone he should find any call center and call me.i will come to his location and pay the bills he incurred i the call.08032548483 this is my number.I will be happy if you can make this arrangement work out properly.I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hmm, lets see how much he likes Lagos Very Happy
Quote:
I am glad you are not calling me a gay man sir, I will let your comment slide this time. Sir, our Benin agent is still incurring what we call the busy season. I am not too familiar with his schedule, but he may be able to get to Lagos on Wednesday, but I cannot say for sure. It would be much easier for you to make your way to Benin as it can't be more than a couple hours away for you. I do not know the method he would use, but I do not think it would be by air. Please let me know when you should be arriving there so I may send him a message to expect your arrival.

I agree that this seems to be getting out of hand, but it didn't help when you never arrived to meet the agent when he came to Lagos. I cannot fault our agent for your non arrival. Sir, I am not supposed to suggest this, but I am aware that your bills must be mounting in Lagos. If you would like, I could send you a copy of our insurance form to reimburse you for the charges you have incurred. Please keep in mind we can only reimburse for what you have a receipt for, so you will need to provide receipts. Please let me know if this is suitable to you.

I want to see if he sends me receipts for his stay. Since he didn't get pre-approval from his supervisor, lets see if it gets denied if he even submits.

Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Farkward
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^PM sent.
Hook, Line, and Sinker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This thread has been my daily read, and I hate to admit how often I have busted out in laughter!!! Twisted Evil

It amazes me how much information you can get from this Lad - I can get NOTHING from mine.
I am too soft. Confused But I am learning!
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^You'll be fine, girlfriend! Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad you are enjoying the thread HL&S. Just remember, for every good thread like this that goes right are plenty that aren't so lucky.

Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Silence at my end so far today...has lad twigged?

OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing here yet either, but his latest M.O. seems to be later in the day to contact PD. Maybe he's getting low on funds and has to ration his internet time Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, mr mugu is still alive. His latest IP is an satellite provide as it shows South Africa (196.14.229.107), but I think he is still in Lagos.
Quote:
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your mail.The Wednesday will be ok by me.I will have to wait till then.Therefore tell the Agent to give me a call as soon as he gets to lagos.Here is my number xxxxxxx.I am not interested in collecting any other thing outside the package.If you could arrange this last deal for me this week God will bless you.If you are insisting that i must come to Benin,then count me out.
Thanks

I've found most lads to be adamant that they only want the package and not extra cash from PD. I think it's because they don't want their RL info sent to us regarding an illegal package.

Hmm, to be honest, I only said that the agent would try to get there for Wednesday. I hope he isn't too busy to make it until Friday.

BTW, how many days it is now, 11? Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Bird
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To bad he's not interested to travel to Benin ... where is his adventurous spirit ... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
joseywales
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

whatever day you decide to make it, may I suggest make it late in the evening. maybe close to sunset or later. I'm sure that at that time of day, the night people come out to help you in many ways. but I wouldn't tell him until that day about the time factor.

This has been a great trip for him. think he'll learn anything?

YOU The Latest creature!!!!!
YOU The Mongrel!!!
KISS ME IN THE ASS!!! ; from sweet Elena

Closed lad accounts
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got the SA IP as well.

Quote:
The only thing you will do now and i will listen to you is to call back the package to your custody.I am sick and tried of all these.If you would want us to continue this relationship,just contact the company to send back the package to you.Anything outside that am not interested.
As for my love for you,i will reserve my words for my heart is full of sorrow.I left my father for two weeks now with out making headway.Therefore if you are still interested in this relationship,the ball is on your court.If you do like i said everything will be alright,but if you insist i will have to go to contonu,count me out cos am no longer interested.

Since he's not interested, I think I WILL call back the package as instructed. But I think I will forget to tell him that until after he goes to meet the agent on Wednesday.

And yes...if we can consider him as still in Lagos, it is indeed day 11. Twisted Evil

ETA: Or maybe...once I submitted the claim to PD, they took that to mean I wanted the package back and recalled it without my knowledge. Which sounds better?

baitcaster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Becky,

Perhaps PD could go bankrupt, and all of their undelivered packages in West Africa have been collected in a warehouse at the Cotonou airport. Verified that your package is there.
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Becky, PD has always had a policy of NOT allowing the sender to recall their packages. If you want, you can tell him that you DEMANDED we do it, but we ignored your request per our policy. You stay on his side and let PD be the bastard. We can handle it Wink

BTW - of course I was planning on having the agent busy on Wednesday and not make it and push it out a day, then push it out another day (see the pattern?) Laughing Let me know if you want me to do that.

Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course, i think he should stay as long as possible!!!
And I totally forgot about PD policy! Sad

This is what I sent him back...

Quote:
Ok Jack. I understand. Would you please forward to me the emails you had from the thief agent so I know what to put on the paperwork?

Hopefully he will do that quickly and I can take the claim form to PD...where I will be reminded of their strict policies. Twisted Evil

OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still using a satellite IP (unless you got him to Johannesburg overnight Wink )

the mugu wrote:
Dear Sir,
Thanks for the information.May i remind you that the information is not complete.You did not specify the day and time.This is why i always not meet up with the agent.You also did not tell me if the agent will call me or not.Please you should be clear to enable me arrange my schedul.So which day is the Agent coming to Lagos?
Thanks

Jeez, how many times do I have to tell the lads we don't call customers?

Quote:
Sir, I have checked the agent's schedule and he is quite busy still today but he said he will try to make it to the location to meet you at 6:30pm. I surely hope that your schedule is clear to meet him today as he is very busy and cannot stay long.

Hmm, now is that 6:30pm eastern standard time or Lagos time? I hope I don't mess that up. Twisted Evil

Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
joseywales
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's just something about meeting a person after dark and you don't really know what this person looks like. I hope the fear factor gets to him. I'm sure that he deserves it. Keep up the great work. just when you think he is going to twig, you people pull him back in. a masterpiece work of art.

YOU The Latest creature!!!!!
YOU The Mongrel!!!
KISS ME IN THE ASS!!! ; from sweet Elena

Closed lad accounts
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess he isn't interested in playing with me anymore.

Quote:
It seems like you don't understand me.I said you should direct the company to send back the package to you,cos i am nolonger interested.If you continue to ask me of anything as regards to infromation i will not be happy with you again.If you still need my relationship,just tell me that you have gotten the package back

But he obviously still thinks there is a real package and a real chance for him to get it.

IP shows Johannesburg for me as well....and I would love to claim that I sent him there! Very Happy

ETA:

41.219.210.175 Nigeria (Lagos) 8:30 PM his time - Lad is resourceful....
and a philosopher. Very Happy

Quote:
If you really need my happiness,Just tell me that you have told the company to send back your package.I have suffered enough.Even to get back to my father is now a problem for cos i have got no transport money.That is not bordering me cos i will do some job at the Wharf to make up my Transport fee back to Enugu.
At this point what is my concern is that i don't want you to loss the package.Since it is at the company's custody,let them send it back to you,so you will not loss anymore.
As for our relationship,the ball is on your court.The way you make your bed so you will lay on it.If you still need me,i will be there but if otherwise who am i to say no.
All i know is that Man must survive.

OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well well, looks like we have a new IP ( 41.219.210.175 ) that resolves just outside Nigeria, so I assume that he is on Victoria Island emailing now.

mugu wrote:
Dear Sir,
I do not understand why you are always making things difficult for me.How do you expect me to be at that location so late.Which day is this 6.30pm time taking place.If it is today,i believe that your agent must sleep in Lagos today Shocked .Tell him to call me.Here is my number xxxxx.

I like how he pretends to be in charge, makes squashing him so much more fun Very Happy

agent wrote:
Sir please give our agent time, I haven't heard from him for a while so he is either busy with Benin customers or is on his way. To be honest sir, it would be much easier if you simply met him in Benin.What is your present location so I may pass it on to the agent? And please explain why you think our agent is sleeping during the day in Lagos?

Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic