SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

BaiterMail Idea

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: What do you think of the project idea?

I like it and will use it if it ever gets made.
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
I don't like it and wouldn't use it if it gets made.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
No opinion.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

oh4tuna
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I only very recently stumbled on the intriguing world of Scambaiting, and I'm planning on, after doing some studying, doing my own baiting. However, I'm the kind of person who hates not having a proper tool for a job, and thus I've come up with the idea for a special project: BaiterMail.

The concept is to create a tool, run on a WAMP or LAMP server (For those who don't know, essentially a personal web server package that runs on your own PC), that helps a person track the baits they are running, and provides a specialized web-mail interface to any number of email accounts. I also like the idea of the system being capable of holding a personal Wiki, and have various other tools available. Some of the ideas I have are:

• Webmail. Yup. Only specialized for the task of maintaining and using multiple POP3 or IMAP email accounts. Of course, since this will be specialized for Scambaiting, the system will separate out all of the incoming mail to track it to a given Bait.
  • Bait Tracking. Tracking Baits by combination of Sender and Receiver in any given email. A given pair can be assigned to a current bait, or put into a new bait, thus allowing multiple characters in a bait to be associated with each other.
  • Bait Blog. Okay, so as a WAMP server it won't be a public blog, but it would be nice to have your emails in order interspersed with your blogs on ideas for where you are taking the bait and other such notes.
  • Personal Wiki, specialized for the Baiting and webmail concepts. This will allow you to keep track of all of the information that develops from baiting, such as definitions, link lists, bait modalities, etc. Each Bait will automatically have a Unique Wiki page, which will be the stepping stone for Bait specific notes, as well as an overall Wiki.
  • Lad Lists. Keeping track of which email addresses are associated with which lads. Other info can be associated with a lad, such as their aliases, their phone numbers and their postal addresses used.
  • Bait Characters. Keep track of what characters go with what email addresses. Characters can be "bound" to a given bait or set of baits.
  • Programmable Email snippets. The ability to create randomized snippets or scripts that automatically put the lad's name (or names) in the right places, or even the names of your other characters when appropriate. I think this idea has a good deal of potential, especially for the earlier stages of baits.
  • JPG scrambler. Instead of hunting down an appropriate sized dll to send as a scrambled jpeg, this will allow you to send either random data as a jpeg of approximate size, or perhaps even add random data or zeroes after a certain percentage of the image, faking a bad transmission of the image.
  • Modular Tool System. Additional tools or tool packages may be of use, those with programming experience will be able to contribute tools to the project.
  • AJAX. Essentially, much like gmail, the goal is to have the system be much more of an application, than a set of web pages you have to navigate. There will be one page to access everything. No need (or possibility) to use the back button to go back to the other stuff you are working on.

Of course, such a project is a pretty big undertaking, and I've yet to write even a single line of code. I'm mostly just interested in ideas and suggestions at this time.
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds good but id see what the mods and others have to say .
welcome to ow world read the stickies and be prepared to cope a ear bashing every now and then Laughing Laughing Wink

Hope you get your tool up and working id say there are a couple that would give it a good work out for you Laughing Laughing. JO JO comes to mind and Lotta and NN will tell you if its up to par Laughing Laughing Wink

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Much of it sounds like gmail, the rest sounds really expensive.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
oh4tuna
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got some new ideas myself just now. And thanks for the encouragement! As for expense, I would actually have zero intent to charge for it, since I'm already planning on building it. Since it will be run on your computer, there wouldn't be any hosting fees for the system. Note, that it won't actually be an email provider, just a highly specialized email reader, coupled with tools for baiting.

• Baiter Steganography. I see a lot of instances where people question whether the person they are baiting is themselves a baiter. I think a simple steganographic ID system may make identifying fellow baiters easier. Of course it would have to be a secure method, and unidentifiable, so this one will take some thought.
  • Built in tool links. I saw the M7CN $3cur3 thread just now, and took a look at the tool to set it up. I think that, and other tools like it, would be VERY easy to add as Modular tools. Lad asking for his number? Click a simple button and have it do all the hard work for you. Also, the tracking emails sent back can be added to the bait notes for fun, amusement, and nostalgia.
dh_mac
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it slices.. it dices..

It sounds great, it really does. But alot of the folks here don't know their http:// from a hole in the ground.

Really- I don't want to crush your ambition. But things like this need dedicated maintenance. We have a few free web hosting sites that members have done a great job with all sorts of little projects: editing funny receipts, faux courier services, etc. Some are real wizards with code and they have gone above and beyond the call of duty for our war on two bit thieves and petty scammers who lie, cheat and would sell their liver if it did not play such a vital role in their existence.

But alot of us here on the boards come from a variety of walks of life - homemakers, home wreckers, law enforcement types, prison escapies, etc. Alot of us are having trouble figuring out the cheapest phone calls and internet based phone message systems. A few of us are still communicating by smoke signals!

All in all I admire your ambition but don't wish to steamroll your spirit... try a few baits. Begin by "straight baiting" where it begins with an innocent reply and turn out into a tennis match of "he said/ she said". You'll be dropped... you'll be excited and you'll become hooked. Maybe you will waste time with a real scum of the earth type who could be robbing some forgetful old lady from upper Manhattan who could've replied to our 419 friends instead of feeding her cat.

Either way - I hope you stick around and not become discouraged. We need you on our team.

"..SCAN ME THE BANK RECEIPT AGAIN AND MAKE SURE YOU SCAN IT PROPERLY SO THAT IT CAN BE SEEINGABLE." Mr_Berkley

"...WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO UNH, TO KILL MY SELF BECAUSE OF A PARCKAGE.." Androse V1ncent-another satisfied customer of ParcelDirect

"..I AM TOTALY DISAPONTED THE WAY YOU ARE TAKING THIS TRANSACTION ...IF I HAVE KNEW YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE THIS TRANSACTRION THIS WAY ..I WIL NOT CONTACT YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME"-DR_Usman

Russia United States
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dh_mac wrote:
it slices.. it dices..

It sounds great, it really does. But alot of the folks here don't know their http:// from a hole in the ground..

I have to agree and i would be one of those looking for the hole in the ground I had thought about your idea and was hopeing you would youse the K,I,S,S, approach. Reason being its taken me over 200 posts to learn how to post an img on to forum Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Embarassed

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Much of it sounds like gmail, the rest sounds really expensive.

And I have to agree with Tsnerd Shocked

Gmail and google apps does most of that, all the rest isn't needed

There are , as dhmac said, a lot of member developed resources that are available, free of charge, 100% risky free, trialled and tweeked to work

Why keep inventing the wheel?

Welcome to eater, the site that appreciates your input after you read the stickies, the rules, Eater University, past posts and found out how *search* works

edited, wrong creditation

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
ScoobyDon't
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with some of the posts. As impressive as the program sounds it really isn't needed. After a few baits it's quite easy to keep track of whats going where.

Personally I use Thunderbird for reading and keeping track of baits and then send all my replies through Gmail. All the other things such as S3cure, S@feIm@ge and L@dspeak are bookmarked and easily loaded into Firefox tabs while composing gmail.

That's another thing - would a program like this still benefit from IP stripping? If I send mails from my Gmail accounts through anything other than Gmails web page the IP shows in the headers.

If you're keen on coding something then try and think up a program that will have lads running round in circles. Thats what I like to see Twisted Evil

Closed lad accounts x5
Safari Afua, The Worried Girl - Accra, Ghana to Cotonou, Benin. "Am very tired and i need to go have some rest. I don't think i will go out tomorrow." Thanks Blah!
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater, o4tuna. Very Happy I'm glad you have decided to join us. I mostly agree with everyone else up there, but there is always room for programmers to come up with devious new modalities to confound and annoy the lads. Very Happy I like your enthusiasm, so you should fit it just nicely around here. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and welcome here, a dirty mind is a joy forever, eh Laughing
I have no real need for your planned program, but I'm still hoping that someone will come up with something I can run on my computer that will do the boring first emails for a scam, say Next Of Kin scam, all I do is enter the email address (addy in eaters Wink ) and it will send out the first response, wait for an reply and then hold for a few hours/days and sent the next reply etc. so I can take over when the lad gets interested and is ripe for some exercises I like.
Even an ASEM that collects bank accounts would be a fun thing to run automated and very useful.
But then I have no clue how much work that would be and how you even would start setting something like that up. The last things I programmed were in Basic/Algol/Pascal and even a simple macro in Excel is not always working the way I had it in mind when I started Laughing
So consider this as hints or a line of thought to keep in mind when you're really bored Wink
Thanks for the offer though
Have fun and bait SAFE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic