SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A Nice Little Trick With Gmail

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nattefrost
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all,

I'm not sure how many people know this but I'll post it anyway.

Gmail will let you link all your other Gmail accounts to your primary one.
Rev. Lots of Cash can be linked to Rev. Scammer and so forth.
All you need to is log into your Gmail account and click:

Settings > Accounts > you should now see a little header saying ‘Send Mail As’ and your primary email address. Just below you’re email address you should see ‘Add Another Email Address’, click this. You should have a little box pop up, that will you ask you to provide a name for the account and the email address. After this is completed it’s just a case of logging into the secondary account, confirming it’s yours and you want to allow the use of it and Bob’s your uncle.

The only problem I have with this set up – If you send an email from Rev. Scammer on your Rev. Lots of Cash account then it comes up with the following:

‘Rev. Lots of Cash on behalf of Rev. Scammer’

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use FireFox and the gmail add-on so switching accounts is easy and they are all monitored for new entries at the same time. But then, I'm lazy Embarassed

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's an add-on to do this? Now I feel like an arse Embarassed

Don't suppose you could provide me with a link?

Cheers.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here ya go, Natte: Gmail Manager

I think that's the one bill2's talking about. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

of course I can find it It's called Gmail Manager goto add-ons --top left add add-ons and do a search there for Gmail Manager. It will nicely sit in the corner of your screen and tell you who got mail where. Wink

Quote:
Now I feel like an arse

why? because you don't know everything? I'm here for two years now and learned today how to check bank numbers to see if they are real, there's something new every day.

While at it I also use
DT Whois
Exif viewer
NoScript
Redirect Remover
Tin Eye image search
Showip
Foxclocks
Have fun

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If we're promoting gmail tips a moment, in the labs area you can turn on many useless features plus the "canned responses" one which allows you to script your baits to a large degree.

Other useful firefox add ons for gmail are:
* "Customize Google" which gives you a load of extra tweaks and Ad suppression if you want it.
* "Adblock Pro" - automagically makes the rest of the web less advert heavy, it makes it feel more like the web of the 90's I knew and loved before the Ad men took over and turned it into one big tacky mall (hypocritically I'm also fond of Ad-supported free services like gmail, but at least I'm a conscious hypocrite)
* "Tamper Data" for those times when you want to tweak the values some bit of script on a webpage is sending back to the server - easier than a local proxy
* "Web Developer Toolbar" lets you do loads of poking and nosing about on web pages - it has an easy way to clear session cookies for those times when you don't want a site to remember you.
Minette
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I check all my gmail accounts in one account, but don't like sending from the 'wrong' account because it does put a note in the headers saying it was sent from that account. The Gmail Add-on for Firefox didn't do what I thought it'd do so I just went back to me normal routine.

Canned Responses was good but it replaces all the text in the compose-mail box, so it's awkward to use if you want to quote his mail or if you want to use two 'canned responses' in one mail (as I often do). So now I use Clippings instead - it works anywhere in Firefox and lets you organise them in folders to boot.

In Labs, I also like the Forgotten Attachment Detector. Granted at times I *want* to forget the attachment; but at times I actually don't want to forget it.

I'm addicted to labels and using colours to keep track of who *this* barrister claims to work for.

A new feature in Labs is "Send & Archive". Once enabled in Labs, you can click a single button to simultaneously send a message and archive the conversation. Handy when one's trying to plough through two days' worth of lotto lads in a single lunch hour.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of the Yahoo Boys will not know you sent the email out from another account. Outlook or Gmail will show your hand so its not something you want to do on a regular basis.

One great thing in labs is moving the signature to the front of the message. It makes it look like you typed it in as a response to the lad's email.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Gmail labs aren't yet compatible with all of our supported browsers. Labs are available only in Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 2.0+, Safari 3.0+, and Google Chrome. You won't see a 'Labs' tab in your Settings if you're not using the newer version of Gmail on the browsers listed above. Please note that if you're using Internet Explorer 6.0, you will not have Gmail Labs.

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In fairness Scambuster3, anyone using IE6 should consider updating their browser anyway if they can Smile
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, update to Firefox at a minimum.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Umagon
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tip.

I used it today but I forgot to click the right mail adress. My bait is still in early stage, and I will blame a brother of the Church of TWAT for failing to log his mailadress out of the computer. Let's hope next time will be more successfull, but this is a very nice trick.

Ahoy,
Umagon

Closed lad accounts

You are delaying your ($2.7us dollars) right now - cbanknigeria
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Umagon, your lad may well not notice, just carry on with the right address and only bother with an excuse if he asks. Remember he'll have dozens of inboxes on the go too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic