SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Rental Scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
AutoLover
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Though I am NOT scam baiting with this one, a rental that I offered on Craigs List, in the past week I have recieved TWO scam offers on that rental. Apparently Craigs List is a good place to troll if you are looking for scams! My legitimate rental offer has only been on the list for 5 days and already I have two bites. Since it is a legitimate offer I am not too sure how I should handle these so that they dont get too close. I have sent pictures and lease agreement to both of them.

Below are the two letters I have recieved in case someone might recognise the names:

#1............................................

Good day Sir/ Madam,
My name is Natal Blige; I am 24 years of age and a citizen of the United Kingdom and will be relocating for a short period of two years on a research programme to the United States . As I was reviewing rental adverts, I got particularly interested in your property, I would like you to email me pictures, and I would also like to know the exact fees to be paid monthly and the security deposit in order for me to pass information to my sponsors.
Thanks for your assistance.
Cheers.

#2...........................

Hello,

Thanks for your mail and details on this unit,i am indeed serious about renting this unit and will be willing to offer you 1 months rent plus the security deposit in order to secure this unit prior to our arrival.
Could you be kind enough to let me know what the electricity/utility cost would be?as i will really need to have this unit to myself. You can send me the lease application , to enable be review it ahead of time.i would eventually have it signed physically when i arrive.In my opinion, appending signatories should be done properly and at best physically.Please , send me a picture view of the living room and bed rooms.

This is an international situation .With this arrangement, my financier in the states,will be effecting your payment deposit to you.I believe we can work together and ensure every arrangements that we shall both execute in line with my taking up the tenancy should be done accordingly to ensure we have a proper understanding.

In view of my work schedule, i would want us to finalise basic arrangements. I will arrive the united states by 1ST of FEBRUARY , with my wife and a 9 yr old daughter

If you require any specific information, you can call me on my number
+447024048350.

thanks
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can set up a baiting account and post an obviously fake add. The scammers don't really even seem to read them.

Want to buy my car? She needs a little TLC, but still purrs like a kitten:

AutoLover
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool car, will you ship it for free??? Maybe you would trade for my Rolls Royce and pay me a small difference??? I will ship the rolls for free.

I have been thinking what would happen if I posted some pictures of the city dump when they asked for pictures. BUT...my rental is a legitimate offer so I dont want to run off a REAL renter by sending terrible pictures to him....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic