SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I am paronoid

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
slowpo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i been chatting with this filipina chick for like 2 weeks she havent ask me for money, to be honest she's a nice girl she's 18. i though she was a beggar/scammer at first coz she looks hot. .. well last night i was talking to her aunt and this morning her aunt send me this letter..IS THIS A SCAM

Quote:
I want you to know how eva lived with us, when i met her with her family the day when my grandmother died (sister of my grandma) in the province of tarlac,the father of eva is my cousin.. I offered her if she want to go to schooling in angeles as soon as she finished her high school,she agreed for that...HER mom,she cannot afford to send her in school. coz she is only housegirl, her salary is not even enough to support her family. her two brother they only got partime job not stable. When my aunt luz arrived in the philipines , this is the sister of my father residing in new york..I and emily went there to visit her then convinced her about helping her in college. we so lucky she agree, you know my aunt she got foundation in holy angel university in phil. helping other who cannot afford to go school. NOW you know about her life,are you still serious about her? she is a nice looking girl and if in case emily she already back in las vegas she want to work, anyway. I think it took a long before she get there, thats why when she graduate in college, she would like to work first for the family while, she is waiting for you. i know emily she like you a lot. tell you the truth of the family background of eva from the father and mother are totally poor, but Im not trying to discourage you, but frankly speaking thier family are nice and friendly. her mom is a nice person very industrious thats why Im proud of them.when you come here we will going to meet them. emily very hard working in her studies, thats why i love eva. when you settle down i guarantee she will a good future with you. youre a nice person and i know you'll love her for what she i'am, like us, were not rich just a simple life only. the most important the attitude of a person. eva cannot express what she want to tell you...hope you dont change your mind for eva... Bye for now take care of your self!

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is probably a way to enforce the feeling that she is real. If this girl had found someone who could really be a big help to her, why would a family try to discourage them?

Closed lad accounts x9
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a bit strange, I talked to lots of people for 2 weeks and they never tried to push me into a relation so fast.
It took me two years of typing to convince my wife online that I was who I said I was (and I was sure she was who she said she was) So I think that they're setting you up for the $100.000 question in a week Laughing
How a such poor girl can have a computer and ISP at home is a small wonder too. I would say it's a scam, but there's no need to hurry anything, you're having fun talking to her so see how long they can avoid the question for money. I would say about a week Laughing

Edit: forgot to answer your first question
Quote:
I am paronoid
yes just like us it's a hobby hazard that occurs from time to time, you get more assertive, ask more questions and refuse to take BS for an answer, it's not that bad, you'll get used to it Laughing

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@slowpo - I'm a bit confused by your letter. Are you hoping that she ISN'T a scammer? It seems like you are trying to get assurance that she really is a nice girl even though she looks hot.

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
slowpo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i dont wanna waste that girl time, thats why i post the letter here to make sure. but i guess im goin to do what bill2 say im goin to wait one more week if she dont ask for money im goin to let her go Crying or Very sad

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

why? you can talk to normal people too, if you like the conversation (and the view) tell her that you're not looking for a long time relation, but enjoy her company, if she dumps you anyway then it wasn't worth the trouble or she doesn't live up to her picture/cam, else you might have a pen pal with a view Laughing
Don't mention the eater just yet, but wait until you're sure she's for real, some love dates go for months until they pop the $$$ question.
Have fun

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bill2, we only bait scammers. Confused

Slowpo: You can continue on, while looking for clues of a scam, or if you're this uncomfortable, go ahead and drop her. There are tons of verifiable scammers to bait. There's no need to bait someone you're not sure is a scammer. Do what feels right to you.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Bill2, we only bait scammers. Confused

Question If he likes to talk to her there's nothing wrong when he continues the conversation with her, whether it's a scammer or not. If it turns out to be a scammer he can always bait her and if she's for real he just talked to a friend. I don't see the problem when he explains her first that a long lasting relation isn't his intention.

I'm listed on several dating sites (10, maybe a few more) with different characters and I can't help it when real members want to message me and have a chat. I tell them right away that I'm not interested in a relation, but a nice conversation about a mutual point of interest is possible, so we chat about horses, motorbikes, grand kids and whatever is going on.
I have reported myself to the administrator of most of those sites with my intentions and assured them that I expect to be banned if they think I'm doing something wrong. Nothing has happened so far, I'm still a member on those sites.
Maybe I worded it wrong or do you really think I shouldn't and I can't have a life next to baiting?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This isn't about whether or not to have a life, bill. I think it's wrong to use a fake identity, pretending to be someone else and deceiving someone who isn't a scammer.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I see that happen all the time in RL everywhere and everyone in some way or another, like right here in the eater, but this is not the forum to discus that.
Thanks for your opinion.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are interested in her for real, you should either drop her or come clean (but don't mention baiting sites)...

I have met one Thailand pen-pal that way, I told him I was purposely going after scammers (as if I were on my own) and asked him if he would like my real life details (40, married, kids, etc.) and he was uninterested...we've remained pen pals...

but I've found male scammers to wait 2 - 3 months before starting to ask/hint for money...they will take their time...and they start to set up situations where things could go wrong (I have no parents and my younger brother still lives in Nigeria)...

That letter sure sounded like a set up to a "my aunt got sick and I was so reliant on her" or something along those lines..."school fees are too much and I need to buy books"...

Check her IP addresses, make sure they match up with where she says she is.

Google search her e-mail address and name, and IP addy...see if any other scammer site has reported her...if they haven't it doesn't mean she's innocent.

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Bird
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ivana wrote:
If you are interested in her for real, you should either drop her or come clean (but don't mention baiting sites)...

I have met one Thailand pen-pal that way, I told him I was purposely going after scammers (as if I were on my own) and asked him if he would like my real life details (40, married, kids, etc.) and he was uninterested...we've remained pen pals...

but I've found male scammers to wait 2 - 3 months before starting to ask/hint for money...they will take their time...and they start to set up situations where things could go wrong (I have no parents and my younger brother still lives in Nigeria)...

That letter sure sounded like a set up to a "my aunt got sick and I was so reliant on her" or something along those lines..."school fees are too much and I need to buy books"...

Google search her e-mail address and name, and IP addy...see if any other scammer site has reported her...if they haven't it doesn't mean she's innocent.

I would have to agree with Ivana here it does sound a bit fishy, maybe they are trying to introduce the money question slowly, get you acquinted fully with the story first. It could take some time to see whether they are on level or not. I would say it looks like scam ... I wouldn't get my hopes up.
slowpo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ivana wrote:

but I've found male scammers to wait 2 - 3 months before starting to ask/hint for money...they will take their time..

Ivana i have to tell you that i been baiting filipinas beggars/scammer for some time now, and they ask money right away they dont wait that long..their not that experience like the lads or vlads..but maybe your right
i check the ip address and she indeed lived in the philippines.....when we chat she send me her cam to see her......i dont know man but i think im failing. i like the girl alot i would not mind goin to manila to meet her Embarassed

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whoa partner,
that's a tad fast, good looks fade fast too, take it easy, if this was meant to be then there's no need for hurry.
Now try to find out where she stands in live, what she expects from you and how she sees her future. So far all you have is good looks and a willingness to chat to you, that's easy to get anywhere.
Admit you've been using a fake name as you don't like your own (any excuse, makes great talk to the grand kids later Smile )
Give it six weeks to see what changes and if she looses her patience with you.
In the meantime google what you can about her and her family.
When I was "dating" a Canadian girl, now my wife, after ± two years I invited her over to Holland first, made a hotel reservation and thought, if not.......... then I have that boring drive to the airport again next week.

Online for an hour or two or longer is way different than live for 24 hours. I flew back with her to meet her daughters, that was the weirdest part, getting the approval of her kids Laughing
Take your time and get advice from family that really knows you.
Agree on lots first, the rest you can catch up with anytime later Wink

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
but this is not the forum to discus that.

Great point, Bill.

Lad, bait it.

Not a lad, don't.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic