SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

ISP Disgrace

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting link, but in the US we have a similar system already, which was formerly called Carnivore. While it technically can only be used to monitor the email of "people of interest" there were some rumors out there that ISPs were collecting all of the information for all of their email.
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If they're only checking e-mails, then what a waste of time.

If I were a terrorist I'd set up a web page in a non-western country with whatever message I wanted other terrorists to see loaded on it as an image. Then only those knowing the url would be able to see the message, and it couldn't be found by any search engines.

I believe that any security system designed by man will eventually be circumnavigated by other men who are determined or are smart enough to avoid it.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I've heard that they set up a free email account and use the draft folder as a bulletin board. No emails are ever sent and they move on to other accounts on a regular basis.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's just the usual crud that the government likes to spout.

We don't even have an NHS computer system that works in spite of spending massive amounts on it, and the list of failed computer systems that the UK government have attempted to set up is endless. The foolproof identity card scheme was cracked before its launch, and it would be incredibly simple for a child to walk round this particular effort.

If you've ever provided evidence to the police of a crime, you'll be aware that they are prepared to spend quite a lot of time thinking of why they can't take action, so the chances of the government spending a vast amount of money (is there any left ?) on such a massive effort, on the off chance they'll find anything, is very unlikely.

It's simplistic thinking, like believing you've designed counterfeit proof bank notes. There's no such thing, as there will always be a factory producing them and workers who know how to do it.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The thing that came to mind when I thought of this was how it's going to cope with the spam, considering how much is sent. Will it have some sort of spam filter, and if so, how easy would it be to disguise a real email as spam so it doesnt get stored?

Just as a comment on the BBC's journalism, I believe that where they say "details of every email", it's actually only the headers of the email that are being stored, not the text of the email itself. Either way, if you're worried about intercepting your email, there's plenty of free encryption tools that can ensure your emails are only read by the person who you're sending it to. See http://www.gnupg.org/ for more info.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic