SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Pimp my number V2 - idea/concept

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dx064
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I made a proof of concept application and PHP script a while ago but never managed to deploy it since I never had a full time stable server, However since I'm in the process of getting my new server installed I thought I would put this idea on the table.

The idea :

I got the idea from this thread :
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140285

As you can see the OP gives out his baiting number and lads call it and he pisses them off etc, and posts back with the details.. Sounds simple enough?

But as we know they're are limitations to this :

* Calls are handled by 1 person only (Means no real-time coop/feedback from other baiter's)
* Calls can only be taken during a limited period of time : 9AM-1PM (Means we can't waste more of a lads time)
* Nobody can listen into the calls real-time or recorded.
* We have to wait for lads to call (Due to lack of ringback and CallerID)

Solution :

I thought about a solution to this and I've ended up writing a nice program/script that covers all the above.
I suggest you watch this video for the best demo : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ9sC049coY&fmt=18

Advantages :

* Calls are handled by everyone who is allowed talk access (real-time coop/feedback from other baiters.)
* Calls can be taken or made from a custom list (see video) 24/7! (Means we can waste as much lad time as possible.)
* Anyone can listen into the calls real-time or record them.
* We are able to "ringback" to get lads to call us.

Possible features :

* Anti-Abuse/IP Banning features to prevent trolls hogging the line or pissing off the baiters (Hopefully not needed)
* Ringback using a spoofed CallerID so lads call someone else instead of us.

Disadvantages :

* No voicemail.

If interested, please post your thoughts here and I'm hoping to have a proper working concept to show you fully in about a week or two when I get my server up and running. Smile
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Blimey, sounds quite complicated! But it's always worth trying out new baiting modalities.

Thoughts - outgoing calls not necessarily useful (as it'll mean someone having to rebill, etc), if a scammer calls the number for Mr x and gets a different Mr x (not that they'd notice initially but some continuity of bait useful) it may lose some of its value, recording and voicemail would be most excellent - could there not be a timeout/last number called rollover to voicemail?

On a technical point, I'd love to know what you're using for this - php isn't really a digital switchboard, so is it an Asterisk system configured somehow with a php interface? If so, great, my telecoms knowledge is limited but it's an area I'm interested in knowing more about.
dx064
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Blimey, sounds quite complicated! But it's always worth trying out new baiting modalities.

It was fairly easy to setup, Very little of the setup is Proprietary.

Quote:
Thoughts - outgoing calls not necessarily useful (as it'll mean someone having to rebill, etc),

The system can be configured so it will ring lads then drop the call, lads would be forced to call us back. Smile
Quote:
if a scammer calls the number for Mr x and gets a different Mr x (not that they'd notice initially but some continuity of bait useful)

Most scammers don't really care who they are talking to as it seems, lol normally making up some story about being the "secretary" of mr x seems to keep them happy.

Quote:
could there not be a timeout/last number called rollover to voicemail?

If I rewrite parts of the program it may work, at the moment its impossible. Sad It will send all calls right away to the Ventrilo channel regardless of who it is, this is by design that can't really be changed easily.

Quote:
On a technical point, I'd love to know what you're using for this - php isn't really a digital switchboard, so is it an Asterisk system configured somehow with a php interface?

Nothing to do with Asterisk Smile I doubt Asterisk would be able to do what I wanted it do. This is a "custom" Windows 2003 install that runs in VMWare.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very cool and clever - I still can't claim to understand how you're managing to manage integrating VOIP with POTS on W2K3S, especially via VMWare, but kudos to you managing that level of packet handling via a scripting language like PHP! How do you even go about creating the sockets through to the HAL?! Must use some libraries, which is why I wondered about Asterisk, but if you're working with some other libraries I'd be fascinated to know what they are! Pray tell!
dx064
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Very cool and clever - I still can't claim to understand how you're managing to manage integrating VOIP with POTS on W2K3S, especially via VMWare, but kudos to you managing that level of packet handling via a scripting language like PHP! How do you even go about creating the sockets through to the HAL?! Must use some libraries, which is why I wondered about Asterisk, but if you're working with some other libraries I'd be fascinated to know what they are! Pray tell!

Your over complicating things, lol you don't need to go that low level to get this functionality.

Gizmo 5 for the VOIP system
Virtual Audio Cable to tunnel the audio from Gizmo 5 into Ventrilo and vise versa.
PHP to handle the control of Gizmo 5.

There's a bit more to it than that but that's the basic structure of how it works. Cool I must say its very strung together but it works well surprisingly.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not au fait with the software you're using, so will take your word for it - but it looks like you're effectively using the gizmo5 as your library which ties in with my theory Wink as it's doing the heavy packet-level lifting.

Well, once it's ready let's give it a go Smile How would baiterkind use it in real life? Would we all need SIP clients connecting to your system? How would we know when a scammer was calling in? I like the idea, just wondering how we exploit it Smile
dx064
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Well, once it's ready let's give it a go Smile How would baiterkind use it in real life? Would we all need SIP clients connecting to your system?

Ventrilo to connect to the channel :
http://www.ventrilo.com/

Quote:
How would we know when a scammer was calling in? I like the idea, just wondering how we exploit it Smile

You can see whos calling here :
http://emcaserver.t35.com/desktop.html

(Not online atm - frozen picture, refreshes every 10 secs when online)
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Clever - just hope it's not too clever and fiddly to use - people rather like the phone as it's simple, and doesn't involve installing things. I, for one, wouldn't install another 'thing' readily. What would be the exact day-to-day workflow you're suggesting?
dx064
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Clever - just hope it's not too clever and fiddly to use - people rather like the phone as it's simple, and doesn't involve installing things. I, for one, wouldn't install another 'thing' readily. What would be the exact day-to-day workflow you're suggesting?

About as easy as it gets really, you use ventrilo for the voice then use the webbrowser to control calls and view them.
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

that's highly inventive. kudos.

* unenahnce email with gibberish
despite my post count I am nowhere near mastery.. honesty in RL seeping in
click2call modality: burn up those minutes

"but be what you have to send under" - St3phani3 Blanch0t
dx064
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NotPhil wrote:
that's highly inventive. kudos.

Thanks

Just bumping this to let you know work is still being done. Just very slowly atm. Crying or Very sad Main problems are I've had to change some of the setup since I've had problems with sound in VMWare.

Ended up getting all this running on a really really puny 533Mhz VIA CPU
Laughing Amazingly works well. Surprised Windows FLP helps Razz

So far I'm working on some other stuff :

* Soundboard Interface (Seriously doubting this will work with this CPU)
* Ringback and Voicemail.

While doing this I've decided to do a little experiment and spam my number out to lads via Gaweb auto response and see what reply's I get from them. A few interesting facts you may want to know :

*Common myth lad's don't read the first mail has been busted. By putting contact info in the subject and mentioning the need for confidentiality in the main email. Seems to catch most lads attention with responses like these :

Quote:
Hello

I called your number and it was diverted no answer,personally i really wanted to speak with you on the phone.I need you to reconfirm your mobile number and also tell me more about your humble self,a transaction like this needs absolute confidentiality from both sides have a nice day

This shows that the lad actually called it since my number is diverted while the server is offline (Most of the time)

Lads who don't want to call you normally give you a response like this :

Quote:
Thank you,

I'm very greatfull to receive your mail tony and i'll be very glad if you can assist me. I dont say u will pay for the shipment. This buyers has accepted to pay for the shipement. All i want you to do for me is where i can direct this buyers to met. Because they preffer U.S or Europ for there security purpose. I'm right now at work in Burkina-Faso. I have transfer the Gold Dust to someone in Benin Republic. What i want you to do for me now. I'm here in one local area in Burkina-Faso. We can only make call through our company phone which i can not do. Bcos no one know about this. I have transfer the Gold to Benin Republic for the security purpose u can my partner where i send the Gold call him on this number 0022998807757 and tell him is from anthony cloud. I will explain everything to him before u call him. He is the one i kept there to handle everything for me.
Bcause i can live here and go to Benin Republic.
Just call him and confirm all this and pls get back to me as soon as u call him
I'm waiting ur urgent response

I've only just started sending out these mails yesterday and I've collected about 30+ numbers already hehe lol All will be added into the database of course Smile

Also lads seem to be having problems calling my +44 0845 line, Some complaining about poor networks in their area etc, Could this be a lie or could they actually be having problems with this number? I would like to hear from other baiter's on this. If they have lads complaining about +44 based numbers.

Anyhoo, that's all the updates I have so far will be posting some more info soon Wink
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They're largely whiney girls about calling numbers and in fairness 0845 technically now counts as a low cost premium line meaning some can't call it (hey calling an 0845 from T-Mobile is like 25p/min or something). You could try sipgate.com for a fair-priced goegraphical number/SIP interface (free to receive calls, inexpensive to place them) instead?
dx064
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
They're largely whiney girls about calling numbers and in fairness 0845 technically now counts as a low cost premium line meaning some can't call it (hey calling an 0845 from T-Mobile is like 25p/min or something). You could try sipgate.com for a fair-priced goegraphical number/SIP interface (free to receive calls, inexpensive to place them) instead?

I have other choices for PSTN numbers, What do you think would be best?

0871, 0844, Random US based number?
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

disclaimer: I'm new enough to voip to be dangerous.. but never think in a box

dx064 wrote:
Main problems are I've had to change some of the setup since I've had problems with sound in VMWare.

I've read a few posts on PBX in a flash, via their orgasmatron releases {SFW}, with suggested fixes to the vmware issue:

http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66
http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3210&postcount=22

YMMV with different OS

Quote:
* Ringback and Voicemail.

to save on space is there an option (like the 3 in iptel):
my account
forward

Code:
destination for on-busy forwarding:     
destination for on-no-answer forwarding:    
unconditional call forwarding target:    

voice2email:    
voicebox:    
both:    
none:    

final response invite timer:    

to at least redirect to SIP URI on no answer? this will let other well funded projects pickup voicemail costs/storage and redirect wav attachments to email -- most notably iptel Very Happy

Quote:
spam my number out to lads via Gaweb auto response and see what reply's I get from them.

I keep a free, high inbound-toll, UK DDI in my signature.. so far no blind calls. But once I find a sneaky way of setting the outgoing voicemail message without having to call the number myself I expect much more elaborate responses as my company policy requires an EXTENSIVE list of items be left with each message for security purposes.. run the bill... but asterisk pros have the potential for nurse nasty cruelty to mixup the maxium message time before 'crashing' or inserting 'random' sounds via Music On Hold to further annoy them

^ I hope to graduate to live use of PBX in a flash in a few months and a few months after that to be at basic tinkering level. Those are but a few of my asterisk dreams. I would really love IVR hell

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137659&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=83
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1303906#1303906
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1132459

Quote:
This shows that the lad actually called it since my number is diverted while the server is offline (Most of the time)

I'll PM you my source of free, high inbound-toll, UK DDIs if you like.. in deference to that site admin the url should not be posted to the forum
+44-0703xxxxxxx

Quote:

collected about 30+ numbers already hehe lol

oh my, it would be horrible to leak them to a crew of SIP telemarketers!

Quote:
problems calling my +44 0845 line

Could it be the 'free' provider not willing to absorb the toll? All the more reason to insist on a valid caller-id or calls are redirected to voicemail where they are 'deleted' in 20 minutes

dx064
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyway to know what are Mobile numbers and what are landlines? I have a massive list of numbers now but I'm needing to rule out landlines.

Working with these area codes :

+234
+225
+233
+34

Thanks Smile
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

a wild stab, meant to be useful, from http://www.telcodata.us/telcodata/telco I websearched prefix area code +uk +lookup and found http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/locator.php

+234 didn't turn up useful results
http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/s1_code_allocations.php?GNG=234

But then I realized you meant international code for nigeria
http://www.wtng.info/wtng-234-ng.html

Then after reading nine delightful pages of
http://www.ncc.gov.ng/NNP/national_numbering_plan.doc

I discovered this useful chart

Code:
7.0   CELLULAR (ETACS) – ANALOG   090
8.0   CELLULAR (GSM)         080
8.1   ECONET WIRELESS      0802xxxxxxx
8.2   MTN               0803xxxxxxx
8.3   NITEL               0804xxxxxxx
8.4   GLOBACOM            0805xxxxxxx

confirmed by http://www.wtng.info/ccod-2.html#CC234
as an aside: have them call the time standard

as with any adventure there are always fun exceptions to rules:
http://www.ncc.gov.ng/NNP/national_numbering.doc

the same fun reading adventure will likely yield similar results:
http://www.wtng.info/wtng-cod.html#WZ2
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dx064 wrote:
Anyway to know what are Mobile numbers and what are landlines? I have a massive list of numbers now but I'm needing to rule out landlines.

www.numberingplans.com has a phone number analysis feature that distinguishes geographical (AKA land-line) and mobile numbers.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I bring dev candy to the table.. voice menu hell for all... at least I hope it is... it's too late for me to deal with signing up for stuff

three = e
zero = o

v0x30.c0m/free/

wouldn't want the wrong people getting candy

(x-posted to other dev thread)

Very Happy
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dx064 wrote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ9sC049coY&fmt=18

youtube video yanked. Is this project still alive? Smile Smile Smile

Two new URLs to liven up dev on this project

http://brring.com

I have it on good authority that they will soon feature forward to SIP URI

brring will issue you a number from somewhere in the USA

YOU pick the 'ring back' music: the music or annoying sounds they hear instead of ringing

this number forwards to the "customer service" line of your choice

+ wastes more of their time
+ personalizes the number to you
+ is super annoying

and

VoxCenter: A Personal Call Center

http://sipresponse.com/products/products.htm
http://sipresponse.com/

http://ideasip.com/

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic