SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Wow, WTF. Another scam story...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's another story to add the the ever rising amount of ethics stories. I just got a call from my friend who owed me some money for some tech work I did for him and he said his account was overdrawn by $5000 dollars. I immediately asked him how. Apparently, he was targeted by a NOK/check scam. He described to me that they started sending scam emails to him two or three months ago, and he was ignoring them because he was skeptical. Eventually he gave in and started corresponding with them. They had the RSOTs, the barristers, the works. Eventually his greed got the best of him and he agreed to pose as NOK and relinquished his personal details. He wasn't entirely clear why they were sending him a check, but the check scam was SOP; "deposit the check and send us our piece back". However, he did something smart which was not sending anything back, so he wasn't out any money, and the bank agreed to return his account to normal within the next week. What pisses me off so much about these fuckers is that my friend is only 17 years old. And to make matters worse, he's black. I want this story to be an example to the lad huggers who say that scammers only target adults and that Nigerian scammers only target white people. I'm trying to get my friend to let me check his email for a more accurate description but this is what he described to me over the phone. I will have him make a post in this thread to clarify what I just typed. the point is, they knew his ethnicity, they knew his age, and they still tried to take advantage of him.

Fucking lads.

EDIT:Just saw a copy of his overdrawn account notice. I can verify he was scammed now, just not how.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A hard lesson learned young. I gather there will be some admin charges from the bank. Small change from what could have happened.
Being black pink white with purple poker dots makes no difference to scammers. The only colour they care about is the colour of the money.

Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Which is exactly the point I want to prove to the lad huggers.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
they knew his ethnicity, they knew his age, and they still tried to take advantage of him.

I've baited a lad who was quite prepared to scam the 11 year old schoolgirl I claimed to be.
Quote:
EDIT:Just saw a copy of his overdrawn account notice. I can verify he was scammed now, just not how.

As he said he hadn't sent any money, I was wondering that too. If the money was lifted from his account by phishing etc, he should get it back.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic