SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I am new.. I have a scammer who won't leave me alone,, Help

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Craigster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know what's going on here.

Note,, I deleted the email because I left some personal info in, read messages below.

Last edited by Craigster on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:10 pm; edited 6 times in total
BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, Craigster! Very Happy

I'm sorry to hear this guy is bothering you. I'd just let him know once and for all that you're reporting him to the authorities and then just delete any further emails you receive from him without replying. He's never going to say "Yeah, you caught me." so if you ignore his messages he'll probably give up.

While you're hear why don't you pull up a chair and stay awhile? Read the stickies and Eater U, request a mentor, and start having some fun with lads like yours! Very Happy

Tattoo Mortar x11 Closed lad accounts x17 Safari x3

United States Thailand Switzerland Nigeria Sweden x115

pony Golden Goat Goat x2 Mc Fry

Art baits: X-Wing

419 Eater Theatre: The Hitchhiker

Lads & Crocodiles:
Safari x3 Vcamera x3 {John} {Willie} {Kingsley}

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First, edit your post to remove your personal information. Then, cease all communication with this scumbag. He is trying to bully you into cashing the check. He isn't going to come all the way to Rhode Island to find you but he thinks if he threatens you, you'll roll over and commit fraud for him.

I'm glad you caught on to this, these scammers have hit the art field pretty hard lately.

Edit: BB types faster than I do. By the way, your photography is excellent.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Craigster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey thanks,
Yeah, stupid I put my email up there.

How can you catch these people?
Can't they trace their emails?
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've edited the post for you. Welcome to Eater. Very Happy Good for you for recognizing the scam.

As has been said, you should stop all communication with this scammer. Please do visit our sister site, www.ScamWarners.com and post an email from him with his email address in the section on Auction and Online selling scams so that it will show up in more searches.

Edit: to answer your question, no we can't catch them. We can only trace their emails to their city (usually). They're using all fake names, etc.

Edit again: typo

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011

Last edited by Ima Baeder on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Put up his email address with the header, then edit your info out. There are people here who specifically target check scammers and I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving him some extra special attention.

pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
Craigster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I edited the message to take out my email address it worked then a few minutes later his address was removed and mine was put back in..
what's going on?
So I deleted it.
Craigster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Subject: RE: PLS LISTEN TO ME..............
Date: January 11, 2009 10:01:24 AM EST
To:
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Received: from eastrmimpi02.cox.net ([68.1.16.118]) by eastrmmtai103.cox.net (InterMail vM.7.08.02.01 201-2186-121-102-20070209) with ESMTP id <20090111150124.SZHK3397.eastrmmtai103.cox.net@eastrmimpi02.cox.net> for Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:01:24 -0500
Received: from bay0-omc2-s18.bay0.hotmail.com ([65.54.246.154]) by eastrmimpi02.cox.net with IMP id 2F1Q1b0223LcEA901F1RNR; Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:01:25 -0500
Received: from BAY109-W46 ([64.4.19.146]) by bay0-omc2-s18.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Sun, 11 Jan 2009 07:01:24 -0800
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_f2445094-4b88-43e5-b8dd-d20d73bf1e32_"
X-Originating-Ip: [80.78.18.116]
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
X-Originalarrivaltime: 11 Jan 2009 15:01:24.0986 (UTC) FILETIME=[78F2ADA0:01C973FD]
Craigster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am a wedding photographer, and replied to him since at first he had me thinking he was legit.
I have gotten many emails before but they were so bad I knew right away they were scammers.

He asked for my 6 hour package, $2675..

I figured out he was a scammer when I looked up his header info, found out his email came from Sweden, then to 3 other places in the US.

He sent me a next day air $3200 check, nothing in the envelope except teh check.
I
At first I didn't know who or why I got the check but after further looking up the return address and the chck I knew it was a scam.
the next day he emails me and tells me to deposit the check.
I tell him I am going after him for the scam.
He sends me another email to deposit the check.
I tell him to stop bugging me.
I get another email, etc.

Fed up.. go for it.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Craigster wrote:

Similar email address has been posted on a scam topic on a photography forum I'm a member of, on there the scammer is using [email protected]:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1021&thread=30619426&page=1

The headers above show the lad is writing from a Nigerian IP:

80.78.18.116 = Nigeria

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Craigster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup, that was probably me...
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the originating IP: 80.78.18.116 (Lagos, Nigeria) which comes up on previous scam complaints. I'm guessing he also was using a Gmail address and you posted a complaint on the Nikon forum about it here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=30619952

If you'd like to stick around and watch some of us take him apart, pull up a chair, some popcorn and beverage of your choice.

Edit: Now SP is faster than I am. Can't win today. Embarassed

Craigster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh well now the whole world knows about me and him..

I got this website from you posting it there?

I can't believe he doesn't understand that I know he is scamming me and yet he keeps bugging me..

no more replies to him from me.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Craig, yes, just noticed the name of the topic starter on that photograpohy forum topic, it's Craig Laughing

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Craigster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just don't have the malicious spirit, but I don't like being taken and don't want other people to be scammed

I am curious, what can you do to him?
Obviously he is not reachable.

Who sent me the check from Leesburg VA?
I checked out the return address and the name and place was bogus.
He must being working with a bunch of people?
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, the person in Virginia is either a victim who has been duped by the scammer or is a willing participant. Please PM any details of this person to a Mod. Maybe the person can be warned that the guy is a scammer.

edit: What can we do to him? Best case scenario...make his life a living hell, by taking his checks off the street, becoming "Victims" ourselves, and slowly taking up all his time. We can get real victims' names and warn them off his scams. Here is a thread that started as a challenge by a check lad, who boasted that it would take over 50 baiters to shut down his business. We had about a dozen baiters on him at once, and became his only check dispatchers and victims for over 7 months. We broke him down about as far as we could mentally and financially, and had him begging for mercy by the end of it. Dog Dine did a masterful job of co-ordinating all our efforts, and it was a very satisfying bait.
Check it out, when you have some time:

Very Annoyed Cheque Lad!
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122426

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Craigster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I read thru some it.
I guess when they challenge you, how can you not go for it.

What do you use to bait him?
You could pose as another photographer working out of Boston.
since that is where his so called wedding was supposed to be.
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Craigster

As an alternative to ignoring the lad, you could try telling him, by email, just once, that you know it's a scam, you've taken the check to the local police who are investigating it as they suspect it's a fake. Add that you've given all the details of the person in Virginia who sent the check to you to the police so that they can be contacted as part of the ongoing investigation.

I'll be willing to bet you don't hear from him again.

You don't have to actually do any of those things, of course.

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Craigster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

actually the ups deleivery came from Kentucky and the the return address was VA. Check was from Ford Motor Co. bank on the check was from "Well Fargo"

what a jerk.
2891miles
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I took the liberty of sending our new little friend an ASEM, let's see if he bites...
Craigster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

great, I will be keeping an eye here to see what happens.
I find this interesting that there is a website dedicated to giving these crooks what they deserve.

(MOD EDIT - deleted politically charged comments. We're happy to do everything possible to fight scammers but we stay away from politics and religion.) - JF Wink
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WElcome Craigster! Take it slow. Most Lads are dumber than they look....

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Even the university educated ones will let their greed rule their heads when they think you're hooked. To mess with him yourself, open a new email account (gmail is good for baiting from) and write back thanking him for his interest and stating that you would propose the gold package at $3000 - is that something he'd like to go ahead with? Have the cheque go to a nonexistant address, let him explain to you about western union (he'll want a refund or balance paid by untraceable WU or Moneygram, I'll bet you), fail to understand him, get him to keep explaining, keep "his" money just an inch away from his grasp, he'll get frustrated, you get to taunt him Smile

Bait safely, but please do bait him yourself and make him suffer! we'll be here to offer tips along the way!
2891miles
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He is on the hook. I'll straight bait for a while longer but once he has spent some on postage things might gradually become weirder Twisted Evil
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm glad to hear you don't have a mean streak Craigster.

I always like to be polite to scammers and be as helpful as possible.

I will do anything I can to assist them and am particularly generous when they ask for money, and have cured many cancer patients and am still waiting for a flock of Yorkshir Terriers to be posted to me by DHL.

I felching lie a lot too. Laughing

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic