SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

ISP Disgrace

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7819230.stm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

For the love of Christ. Why would anyone want this to happen? And what implications could it have on baiting?

I normally hate the civil liberties, human rights hippies, although in this case, I happen to agree.

Quote:
This degree of storage is equivalent to having access to every second, every minute, every hour of your life," he said.

"People have to worry about the scale, the virtuality of your life being exposed to about 500 public authorities

That sums it up. Knowing the Governement, someone from MI5 will leave all our info on a train.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The firms will have to store the information and make it available to any public body which makes a lawful request, which could include police, local councils and health authorities.

Dear Pastor Frank,

It has come to our attention that you have been eating far too much bacon. Recent studies have shown that a diet high in fat can lead to......

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if this is just going to be for the ISP's own email systems and not effect Yahool, Google et al. Even if the big web based email co's are affected, just set up the addy and log onto it through a proxy. No trail.
This kind of thing is hardly new, just Google 'Echelon'.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts

Last edited by Rodus on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We'll just have to get into the spamming business in order to make the number of emails going around too high.

This is ridiculous indeed.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
spot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should read the comments about it !

LONG BBC LINK

It puts our PWTs to shame Smile

I can't find one yet from a baiter with multi accounts

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Rodus, I think if GMail have servers in the UK it will apply to them, but if they are anywhere else, methinks not.

I'm sure using a proxy won't be untraceable either, to be honest. The ISP will have a record of you going onto a site with a list of proxys.

@ Spot, you know I completely agree with the comments that I can see (i.e this is BAD)

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^shouldnt do as the proxy remote loads the site, ISP shouldnt be able to see what you're up too.

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They will probably require a passport for that soon...(EDIT: Rodus had a different comment there 30 seconds ago!)

I might start a petition on the PMs website, although my r/l info might be compromised becuase I told you this Razz

As much as the next guy, I want to stop terrorism and crime, but this isn't the way to do it.

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't imagine this would affect web based email like yahoo. What if I'm in the US using yahoo.co.uk, or in the UK using yahoo.ca?

I also don't see what useful information they're going to get from just the email trail without the content.

As said in the article, the money would be much better used to specifically combat internet crime.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Time for the tin foil hats. Is this really going to happen or is someone just stirring up the kettle?

Quote:
Reports have suggested the government has even bigger plans for data retention called the Interception Modernisation Programme.

It could involve one central database, gathering details on every text sent, e-mail sent, phone call made and website visited.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The e-mail's content will not be stored

What is the point of keeping track of who sent anything if you don't even keep the contents of the email?

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel sorry for the guys who have to read them all and evaluate the contents of it, in all possible languages! But it is an important thing to waste tax money and man power on, that's for sure Wink They must be pissed they can't tax the scam money.
Next thing all telephone conversations taped and telephones registered, think of the job opportunities 75% of the population checking on 25% +(75% checkers) and the the elite squad than checks the checkers of checkers. The snail mail volume will pick up so we'll have to read those too, which will make the snail mail really slow Laughing
Good thinking there, I should sent him and email Laughing In code of course, you want them to earn their money and who doesn't like a challenge Wink

As my old dad used to say " 20217 50536 97033 9256 8778 57916 37241 17807 59276 54849 8497 554 62170 41998 71363 28316 12387 94887 79098 72440 48368 11455 49244 40842 51613 98144 26505 "

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is far more worrying
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article5439604.ece

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I won't comment. Actions speak louder than words, and the only actions I can do here are:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Oh God, I'd love to go political Wink

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the scariest part:

Quote:
The strategy will allow French, German and other EU forces to ask British officers to hack into someone’s UK computer and pass over any material gleaned.

Laughing

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hehe, they are too pussy to do anything with it. Surrender monkeys Razz

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to all the French we have offended. I actually think someone I am quite fond of on this forum is French.

Goat

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well everyone knows I'm a bastard anyway so.... Apologies to all the cheeses.

Anyway, this isn't the PWT. Serious issues are on the tables!

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
spot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can anyone remember the reaction from ISPs when there were hints that they should monitor P2P music downloads and make their records available to the "authorities"

I don't think they did it then, and I don't think they'll do the e-mail thing now.

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well Virgin Media (My ISP) sent 'warning' letters to customers who the suspected, threatining termination. Also, anything for the money - £70 million to the co-operative ones.

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Rodus, It's now in the newspaper, that means they have been doing it for a long time but due to a slight mishap are now forced to make it public.

Windows XP and higher Users check COMON or COHMON in your register, that's where BillyG made the back door. Storage in dir Catroot and Catroot2 of system32 dir.
Norton Users check WholeSecurity in your registry, that quietly keeps track of your computers well being and then some. Read your agreement, you said yes to it when installing or updating the files, it pays to read the fine print sometimes.
Your own PC is an entertainment system that watches over you, steals bandwidth and in a few years might bite you back Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whilst I can see the "privacy" issues here I don't see how its going to affect baiting or most people in general. This is just another Government " look at what we are doing to crack down on terrorism" spin machine special.

I can't see how the three blokes and a blind dog at GCHQ are going to find the time to read all of everyone's mails!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well they no doubt will blow more money on a computer to do it for them.

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^tried automatic translations lately? No way that is good enough to get the right "tone" of an email and really understand what is said, we're in the clear there.
But 911 has set a trend world wide in cutting back on privacy rights, just because they can't control one end, they start limiting the other end, as usual.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic