SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Idiot vlad - i need therapy

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
alembic42
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

One of my current baits involves a certain vlad who obviously has at least 2 sets of scripts. One moment (s)he is in the hospital after a terrible car crash, and the next time (s)he is home enjoying the New Year with the parents.

Then next time it's back to the hospital, and then out partying with the girlfriends.

I'm not asking how to proceed with this bait.

What I am asking for is how to resist the temptation to tell vlad that their scam is so bad that a 2 year old would work it out in a second.

Anybody any ideas?

I know I won't really but I guess it's like going cold turkey, and how does everybody else avoid doing it when it is so tempting?

All the best to everybody.

Alembic

I hope i have cleared an air way to make every thing convenient for us. Do you still have more alibi to prove?

In response to "Did you get laid on the weekend?" : Yes we do collect laid during the weekend here

Closed lad accounts
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Think about all the prospective victims who won't fall for the scam because it is so bad. Baiters encourage the mistakes and have even 'helped' lads/vlads to write worse scripts. Very Happy

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I frequently feel like screaming 'Do you think I'm that stupid??' at some of the things my lads say.

But that's me. Not my baiting character.

I have to remember that I'm not baiting as me, but baiting as this character I have invented. Take a deep breath and get back into rĂ´le. Because even my seemingly brightest characters must be only superficially bright. Underneath that surface appearance, they are a bit dim: they have to be, that's why they get themselves in such muddles when it comes to making any Western Union payments. Half the time, they even get lost trying to find the place. And give them any sort of form, and it all goes wrong. Can't scan, can't make attachments, can't figure out anything for themselves.

I can. They can't.

They can't recognise a bad script either.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All good advice so far. Your Vlad isn't really talking to you, (s)he isn't really insulting your intelligence because they aren't really talking to you anyway, it's your character.

And the more stupid the script - the less chance of them hurting a genuine victim with it so the more it should encourage you to pretend that you are totally convinced by it!

And if you ever need to vent, or blow off some steam... you can always post here! Cool

I sometimes get so involved in playing a 'stupid' or 'clueless' person that I think I've gone too far, like when I asked if Western Union was like the European Union and wanted to know what was the State Capital of Western Union and what part of America it was in...

But he just accepted my stupidity and it made for all the more frustration for him! Which is all good! Very Happy

NOBODY IS TRYING TO TRICK YOU MADAM. ALL I ASK FOR IS THE INFORMATION OF WHICH YOU USE IN SENDING THE $575. SO KINDLY SEND IT TO US--- Ad@m Ben$on

YOUR SON 1S ASK1NG ME TO TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH HOLD1NG THE S1GN *1 LOVE DA1SY DUCK*, BUT MADAM CONCERN1NG TH1S TRANSACT1ON 1 FEEL THAT YOUR SON 1S TRY1NG TO EMBARASS ME---Ad@m Ben$on
Skerrett
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What has probably happened is Boris set up the auto responder in the Bat! (mass mailing programme) incorrectly and you are still on the garbled script.

Like others here advise NEVER highlight their mistakes as you will one of the few who continue writing you have less real victims for them to target and more desperate to convince you to send money. Usually they are a new scammer and can be more easily manipulated once u get them off script - see this thread - as the same happened and turned into a hilarious bait as the girl would send videos and come on web cam most Vlads wont)

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24277

Once the bait is over IMHO you should publish in an open forum or even when you have a few generic mass mails that cant identify your baiting persona -

Prevent the scammer making $$ from victims and that is a real victory, every single thank you from a victim your post alerts preventing a scammer making $$ should be considered a trophy too!!!

One such place is
http://www.romancescam.com

They have sections on Vlads and Lads

Any contact details or links I post are an open invitation to readers to jump on in and write to them
Mortar x2
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah -- this place is good for venting when the lad/vlad gets stupid...

Becky & I are baiting the same lad and compare notes from time to time...

He has told her that his mom has breast cancer & she and his sister have come down with malaria...

He's told me that it's just him & his brother - who has malaria...

Then he tells me he got a call from his mum the other day -- I told him, "you told me she was dead" his answer was "ok, so sorry about that dear"...

At first his aunt owned an orphanage and he needed help collecting money (and opening a checking account here), then he tells me that his aunt is just her and her two kids...

It's hard not to slap him when he gets so stupid...but I really try not to call him out on it too hard and accept his explanations when I do...

I have two characters, each with their own details, that way I don't get confused...I don't understand why the lads/vlads do the same...that way they can keep their stories straight...

But as pointed out well on the thread, the more you accept the lad/vlad's script, the more likely it'll continue being used and the less victims will fall for it.

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic