SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Car sales scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
AutoLover
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a lover of automobiles and a collector, I have received several scams to sell me rare collectors cars at ridiculous prices. I strung one guy on long enough for EBay to shut him down. He was using their site to find victims and using their name to collect funde. He offered me a museam quality Series 1 XKE roadster for $9,000. That car would be worth in excess of $125,000. That was the first clue. But the kicker was when he offered to ship it to me from Hawaii by truck!!

I also received an offer of a 2005 Honda Insight for $3000 in pristine condition and the widow and her two ooor children in Las Vegas NV would ship it to me for free. The shipping would have cost $5000 so I decided not to burden the poor woman with the $2000 loss.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Autolover and welcome. Very Happy

Good for you for spotting the scams. It would help other people out if you join the forum at www.ScamWarners.com and post the information on these scammers in the section on Auctions and Online selling. That will make sure they show up in searches should anyone be suspicious and take the time to look.

If you want to string them along and then report them to ebay, you should do it with all fake information that doesn't connect to your real life.

You can read tons here on baiting check scammers.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
AutoLover
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I strung that Jaguar seller along I gave my real information. Nothing that he could hurt me with of course, but I wanted to keep the aisle open just in case I was wrong about him. That was a nice car and I had the money. No sense in pissing off a legitimate seller. But as time went on there were too many inconsistencies, like photos of the car in Hawaii that were obviously taken in New England, an "Ebay Agent" in Stockholm to whom I should send the money, Etc.. And when I offered to meet him at the airport in Oahu to see the car he was suddenly unavailable. Then when I offered to have a friend come by to see the car, I had a friend in Oahu at the time, he was "too busy". But the killer was when he said, "I will ship the car to you by truck (from Hawaii) and I will do it for free". If there had been a road the whole way...which there isnt...it would have cost twice what he was asking for the car to ship it. And besides I would much rather have made that road trip in the car anyway!!!

I am basically a skeptic, but hope springs eternal from the breast of a car collector...#Cool You always hear about those wonderful "finds" of a driving, 1936, SS-100, for $175 (I actually found that myself and missed it by one day!) and hope one day it will be you that makes the "find".
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and welcome AutoLover,

AL if you ever run into my favorite vehicle "1937 Cord 812 Westchester sedan" for only $9.000 give me a shout Wink
And I'll pay the same for my favorite bike, that would be worth a shout too "1993 Yamaha GTS 1000" can't understand they don't make those anymore.
Have fun, read lots and work SAFE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic