SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Are you happy with your ISP?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it'd be like taking candy from a baby, redmond Laughing

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your speed is pretty slow skyhook. Still faster than dial up. The down at least. Faster then my old dial up.

242 kb = 30.25 KB

50 kb = 6.25 KB

The max avatar size is 29 KB. So that might give you an idea of how your speed is used.

Use this SITE to check your speed because it tells you the speed in kb and KB. They look the same don't they. I forgot who explained the difference to me but kb is kilobits and KB is kilobytes. Eight bits to one byte.

Now I know from experience that your upload speed is responsible for or at least effects your over all speed. Before I upgraded to turbo I could tell when my son was playing his games (with his idiot friends) online because I had to wait a second for an eater page to load. Not bad just noticeable. Then I'd check my speed and my down wasn't much slower but my up was cut in half.

This is me right now and you'll notice my download speed has slowed down considerably. (still faster than PF Razz )

Download Speed: 15334 kbps (1916.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1936 kbps (242 KB/sec transfer rate)

I guess that has something to do with the time (8:40 PM) or maybe someone in the house is watching netflicks.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks ghost my wife is up me all the time (are you down loading some thing my puters going slow again ) hay she has her lap top hooked up as well as her puter for doing her ebay stuff . but its all my fault the puters are going slow Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
HellRyder
Pale Tracker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

27625/4023 (kb/s)

Life is good here Wink

United Kingdom x2 United States x2 Nigeria
Mortar 's
Closed lad accounts 's

Pith Helmet ARK: Tamale (Ghana) - Porto Novo (Benin): "it is a Hollywood movie"

Get your ninja sword and throwing stars here
NO MENTOR & NEW TO BAITING? Here's how to do it!
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

But it varies throughout the day and the number of users online in the house ( only 2 of us at present )
There's someone with the same ISP and package that I have, a few streets away, that has a terribly slow connection
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And some days life is better Laughing
Thanks you all

Last edited by bill2 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

9834 down
480 up

Only after I complained to Virgin Media for paying £18 a month for 2 meg, they bumped it up.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine runs at 1000-2000 kbps when it runs. I still keep NetZero dial up as a back up due to outages.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After years paying for 3 Megs and getting 0.756M, I moved to cable. Yes, the tests showed 6 Meg down and 2 M up, the test would a few seconds to even start. The ping rate was hit or miss. In the early evening I would get "page not found" trying to access either Gmail or 419Eater. I was willing to go back to DSL. I moved to fiber optic to the house and life really is good.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Scambo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm quite happy with mine. Being upgraded to 50M soon. Upload could be better though.

in the name of the gods of our mother land Africa l curse you son of slave
hi thank you for the insults you rained on me and my family

Closed lad accounts x7
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This result is more than a tad suspect!!

I'm only paying £7.34 per month for this Very Happy

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing you're all giving away your locations!.. well approx distance from servers... not like baiters to divulge such info, considering the usual panic about IPs.

About 10Mb/s down and 500Kb/s up... and I ain't sayin' where I'm from, no way Pedro! Razz

Last edited by Roger The Cabin Boy on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scambo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm giving nothing away. Only my country. My IP resolves to almost 70 miles away from my real location. I don't think I'll lose any sleep Laughing

Closed lad accounts x7
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Typical scouser! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Scambo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Exactly.

Closed lad accounts x7
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep mine is real close too, about three hours in a fast car on a nice day or 10 hours in a 4x4 on a day like today, if you can make it, blizzard alert is on again Confused
If it narrows it down to a town with more than 10.000 people, what's your worry?

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess there are probably 20,000 people within a mile either side of me, so who gives a shit? Not me!

Closed lad accounts x7
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I'm around 350 miles from London, that puts me in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany or somewhere else
Wink

Yeah I'll worry
Even if my ISP gets near the city I live in there's a few other folk around
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JumpinJayJay wrote:
it'd be like taking candy from a baby, redmond Laughing

gee you may be right . Were still waiting for your reading it must be really slow . Slower than snail mail Laughing Laughing
Or are you trying to cook the numbers Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Wink

Mine leads to brisvagas Laughing that could be the valley Twisted Evil or woggawogga or near kickatinalong Wink Laughing Laughing

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love my ISP. I do have shared bandwidth with folks in teh neighbourhood but since I work from home and almost everyone else around goes to the office, I have only experienced bandwidth issues on a couple of occcasions. My company makes use of a multimedia desktop application for voice which uses a lot of bandwidth when i'm on the phone. Sometimes the voice qualitiy can be reduced if I am receiving an email with a hugh attachment. Overall life is good. (and in teh evening when the kids hit the many computers in the house I am usually siting in the front room and having a glass of wine and reading an old fashioned book)

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lol @ the hooky one... I completely forgot this thread last night Smile

i'll get back to you tonight

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay this is me right now

Download Speed: 23993 kbps (2999.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1951 kbps (243.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

I don't think I ever downloaded anything at that speed. Highest I ever seen something download was in the low 700's. Then sometimes I'll download a file and it doesn't go any faster then 100 to 300 KB/s. Occasionally even slower. I'll check my speed and it's fine. What up with that? Is that the site's I'm downloading from doing?

Quote:
you're all giving away your locations!

You guys and your foil hats Laughing Probably why some opted not to use the link provided by the speed test site or edit it and host the pic elsewhere Wink

Quote:
^^ Typical scouser!

Oooooh....you just gave a clue to your location Laughing Well, at least I don't know no Yank that would use that word. I had to look it up. I thought you were swearing.

Seriously Shocked you guys have a name for someone just because they live in Liverpool Confused

Anywho, Roger that will be one less country the boogieman or whoever will have to search for you Laughing

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And from the speedboat back in that leaking canoe Confused

You have to love that Crying or Very sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic