SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Receive a scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hellric
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,

Sorry for the grammar of this message I'm French and even if I could make illusion on speech when I wrote...

Ok The main point :

I work as computer scientist in a small society in the north of France and three day ago by boss receive this mail and ask me to look about it :

De : Kevin Ban [mailto:[email protected]]
Envoyé : lundi 22 décembre 2008 08:45
À : Laurent JEANNEAU
Objet : TOLARTOIS Enquiry

Dear TOLARTOIS ,

We are a domain name register center in Asia. We have something important need to confirm with you. On the Dec 21,2008, We received an application formally,one company which self-styled " TOLARTOIS Development Co.,Ltd. " wanted to register " tolartois " as their asia-pacific domain names and Internet brand. After our initial examination, we found that this application issue involved your company name and trademark, Considering this may bring something effect to your company, so we inform you in no time.
In order to deal with this issue better,Please let the Principal contact us directly and as soon as possible if you considered these domain names and internet brand are important to you and there was necessary to protect them by registering them first.
We view your feedback very seriously and seek your kind cooperation in this matter! Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Senior Consulting Director
Tel: +86-10101-75620-6698 ext.602 (Mon–Fri,9am to 6:30pm,GMT+8 )
Mail:[email protected]

After small research I realize it was a Scam and I did'nt responde to this. During my search I found this site and I like your work. I would like to do such thing but I'm not sure I could so I post the mail here. If somebody whant to work on it, I'd like helping him or at least follow the case.

Sorry again for my grammar and my vocabulary. I'm sure it's awfull.

Sincerely

Elric White (or Hellric)
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Hellric, welcome to the eater, I have moved this here from the surplus section.

This type of email is doing the rounds amongst people who buy and sell domains, and also people who own domains registered to their companies.

They tend to originate from China, the premise is that they contact companies, saying other people are wanting to buy domain names that include the companies trading name/trademark, which will be the .asia domain name version of the companies name, and would you like to buy those domains before we sell them to the other people.

Not really worth baiting them, but by posting the email here, it will be indexed by Google to warn other who do a search and find it here and elsewhere on the internet.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Hellric
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok I'm happy to help.

I'm french as I said and actually I've got not a lot of work so if you want help for scam in french I'd please to help.... put a lot of "help" in this three sentence I'v got a lack of vocabulary...
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Hellric,

Feel free to stick around and learn the finer points of baiting scammers. We do have some members from France, and also French Canadian's as well, so you wont be alone.

One of our French members also runs a French language baiting site and forum which might also be of interest to you, that can be found here:

http://jeromegrancher.blogspot.com

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hellric, welcome to Eater! Very Happy

ScamPatroller has covered things nicely, so I just want to say that your English is just fine - a whole lot better than the English the scammers use. Wink

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Hellric,
language is no problem here, when I got here, to have fun, be useful and learn how to type English, I must have been terrible and as I'm still looking for the right words it hasn't improved much, but I had my fun Laughing
Never any complaints about my spelling though, just gentle hints that it should be different, just helpful people here, no worries.
As said^ above^ I never knew Jerome had his own version and I'm now over there to have a look at it.
Hope to see you around later.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Hellric, welcome onboard!

If you feel better in French we'd be glad to welcome you into our French-speaking community:
http://forum.croque-escrocs.fr

See you!

Flag Monaco Benin Benin Benin Ivory Coast Ivory Coast Ivory Coast France France France Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Mortar Mortar
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic