SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Info about lads accounts.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Astrid99
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there

I'm pretty new to baiting and I'm starting low key. I have baited a seller on a sales site wanting me to send money overseas using ebay protection etc for a car about 10% of the usual value. I have the details of where to send payment to via western union. Is this what you all call an account? Does it cost money for scammers to set up anything for wire payments?

Also I am very concerned about PC bugs. I have not opened the attachment in the lads reply. I have read some info on here about it and downloaded Malwarebytes as suggestes to top up what I already have. I believe I have good security.

I also have a confirmation from WUnion saying I am approved. Is any of this info usefull for submission?

I'm even too nervous to put much detail in this thread. I wonder if scammers view this site and may even be members. This is what I would do if I was a lad and had the time. Any comments would be helpful.

I actually have been scammed and am awaiting to recoup the cash. Lucky for me my bank was watching or it would have been worse.

This is a great site. I am overwhelmed at the expertise you guys and gals have in baiting and IT knowlege. I have a great deal to learn!

Astrid99.
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Astrid99 wrote:
Hi there

I'm pretty new to baiting and I'm starting low key. I have baited a seller on a sales site wanting me to send money overseas using ebay protection etc for a car about 10% of the usual value. I have the details of where to send payment to via western union. Is this what you all call an account? Does it cost money for scammers to set up anything for wire payments?

WU payments can be picked up anywhere in the world. If you are talking about the information the scammer provided you with to send a payment, that isn't really of any value.

Quote:
Also I am very concerned about PC bugs. I have not opened the attachment in the lads reply. I have read some info on here about it and downloaded Malwarebytes as suggestes to top up what I already have. I believe I have good security.

Opening attachments can be risky, even from people you know. While it's rare for scammers to send viruses, especially before they know they are being baited, you can't be too careful. There are a number of good anti-virus programs you can consider, including some free ones. I like AVG.

Quote:
I also have a confirmation from WUnion saying I am approved. Is any of this info usefull for submission?

I'm curious about what that might be. Can you post more about it?

Quote:
I'm even too nervous to put much detail in this thread. I wonder if scammers view this site and may even be members. This is what I would do if I was a lad and had the time. Any comments would be helpful.

We do get scammers through here from time to time, but it's rare. Most of their time tends to be dedicated to the activities directly related to scamming. Many pay for their internet usage by the minute and they don't have the luxury of doing a lot of research. Or the patience, for that matter.

Quote:
I actually have been scammed and am awaiting to recoup the cash. Lucky for me my bank was watching or it would have been worse.

I'm sorry to read you were scammed. I hope you are not involved in a recovery scam. Either way, read this: Click

Quote:
This is a great site. I am overwhelmed at the expertise you guys and gals have in baiting and IT knowlege. I have a great deal to learn!

Astrid99.

Thanks!

I'm glad you jumped in. Very Happy

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here I missed you coming in before, too busy doing nothing.
If it is a link in an email you can when you see the whole email -source/original http://128.175.24.251/headers.htm read/copy the whole link he gave you.
Now if you post it here, some daredevil Laughing will have a look for you if it is a safe one.
In the beginning I saw lads everywhere and ran a virus check daily, it wears off though, it is not in their interest to "fix' your computer, they just want your money and if you're out of business by a virus they just lost a possible customer.

We're glad you like it here and to have you here.
Have fun bait SAFE

Last edited by bill2 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Astrid. Smile

Luckey has provided his usual good advice, there's nothing I can add. I'd just echo, and stress that recovery scams are a common way for a scammer to get further payments from someone they've scammed before. Often, they will assume the identities of new individuals, and even organisations (like the EFCC or even Western Union).

I'm sorry you were had before... just make sure they don't get to sting you twice. Hang out here, ask as many questions as you like (we're having a 2 for 1 special this week Wink ) and you'll be fine.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Astrid99 wrote:
Hi there
Also I am very concerned about PC bugs. I have not opened the attachment in the lads reply.

What does the email say the attachment is? If there's a good reason for it, I wouldn't worry. The lad's after your money, after all.
Quote:

The scammer would still need to connect your posting with your bat, which will be hard to do as ong as your Eater ID is different from your baiting name. And f you're bating safe, ths won't gve him your real life info. the worst that could happen is that your bait comes to a sudden end.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Astrid

"very concerned about PC bugs. I have not opened the attachment in the lads reply."

I was always at the back playing up in IT class, but reckon to be smart you should download attachment to desktop and before opening scan it with an anti-virus thingy.

Welcome. Read stickies, university and if in doubt ask.

Wink

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Sorry Kate - I may be too old to have had IT classes, but I wouldn't advocate downloading anything that you are suspicious about unless you have a good sandbox and know how to use it.

Once it's on your desktop, it's in your machine.

Which is why I use a Linux laptop for those sllghtly dodgy sites I come across occasionally

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Minor correction: Saving an attachment can't harm your PC .. Opening it however can ... so scan it with your AV software before you do that. Cathartic Kate's advise was sound. But even then it happened to me. I scanned a downloaded item, AV said 'clean', but I was left with an infected PC afterward anyhow.

Clicking on linky's in emails is a different matter. I'd never do that if I were you. This can instantly infect your PC when links to malicious content are mailed to you, and your web browser is not protected sufficiently.

As ON7 mentioned: sandboxes are useful when it comes to stuff you don't totally trust. Have a look at VMWare or Virtualbox to set up one of those, and install a Linux distro on one of them.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/938 can be useful too, checking a link before opening it.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is nothing useful a lad can send you as an attachment they can't copy and paste into the email body. It's probably some nonsense made up form he wants you to complete to show he's in control of the conversation. Just tell him you couldn't open it and can he send it in an email. If he keeps on trying, accuse him of sending you a virus and get angry/slap him.

Doesn't matter if it's true, all that matters is that you waste his time and energy Smile

Welcome!
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Astrid99

You'll note that we don't use viruses against Lads - one because it's illegal to do so and two because they'd only come back and bite us, and people who aren't computer whizzes wouldn't be able to play.

That's not to say that a Lad may not send you one, more likely by accident, as they want your money, and breaing your pc doesn't earn them a cent.

I've hit sites that try to drop viruses/trojans into my pc that are not related to baiting, not pron either, that's life. You get an idea what's likely to be dangerous, but it's wise, even if you don't bait, to get your shields up with some firewall or anti virus software, and there's some good free stuff out there. Watch out for the stuff that is merely cloaking viruses and trojans, so don't download anything without knowing it's well respected.

I don't fill in forms that Lads send me, so I don't have to open them. If the scam is in an attachment, then I ask them to explain it to me in the body of a mail as I can't open it, I tell them. You do what's easy and get them to do what you want. You're paying after all. Very Happy It's called customer service.

Baiting isn't a matter of technical expertise, it's a battle of minds, wit and words. It's hard to lay out any rules on how to do it as it can all be so illogcal. Some Lads will argue and drop you if you try to alter the percentage share of their fictional deal, but then swallow your ridiculous story of Russian spies and glamorous models.

But that's what makes it fun.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Astrid99
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks heaps for replies. I have a stack of family visiting so I am fairly busy pulling my hair out!!! Sorry for late reply re more info on confirmation email. Below I have copied the reply. I'm still not game to open the attachment but I'll forward it to anyone that asks. I have changed my details of course..
__________________________________________-
eBay Purchase Invoice for Item:2003 MAZDA MX5 CONVERTIBLE eBay Support Transaction <[email protected]> AddMonday, 29 December, 2008 9:25:44 PMTo:[email protected]
Cc:[email protected]
Congratulations - You Are Approved To Buy!

Dear bla bla,
This is a confirmation mail regarding authenticity of Valiana Paterson Vehicle Purchase Protection membership .
Important. Please read.

Here's the invoice for your item,
Item Information : 2003 MAZDA MX5 CONVERTIBLE
Price : AU $4,900.00 (shipping included)
Deposit : AU $4,900.00
Date : Dec-29-08
Shipping : AU $0.00
Insurance : AU $0.00
Total : AU $4,900.00

Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions

Instructions for payment :
The seller require the payment for this item to be done through Western Union money transfer because it is his only way to receive the money in United Kingdom. Click here to locate the agents in your area. You must go to a Western Union office with cash and make a Money Transfer to the name and address of the seller for the amount you and the seller agreed for the item. You must complete a form there. You must write there the seller's name, location, amount. You must declare it a personal transfer ( you will tell to the agent from Western Union that you are sending money to a friend of yours ), otherwise you will not be able to send the money. Because the fee to send a Western Union Money Transfer is high, compared to other methods of payment, we have arranged with the seller and he will pay the fee (i.e., if it costs you $100 to send the payment, take $100 from the amount and send the balance). Once the payment was sent, email the payment receipt to the seller at [email protected].
eBay Name and address for the money transfer : eBay Your name and address for delivery :
First Name: Valiana First Name: Joe
Last Name: Paterson Last Name: Tripodi
Address: 3 Green Street Address:22 Ridge St
City: London City: Potts Point
State :London State: NSW
Zip Code: W1K 6RW Zip Code: 2011
Instructions for refund :
Currently, the seller has a AU $20,000,00 deposit in an eBay purchase protection account. After you have made the payment you will receive the item in 3 days. After the item is received, you have ten days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, you should accept the item. If not, you have 10 days from the reception date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 24 hours. The insured amount of the transaction will be taken from the seller's purchase protection account and refunded to you. The refund is sent to your bank account, or by check or money order. The way you are refunded is at your discretion. Also we confirm that the item that you are buying is on the name of the seller, there are no money owing on it and it comes with a clear title. If something goes wrong or you are not satisfied with the item you will receive your money back in max. 24 hours.

Thank you again for your purchase.

Thanks again for all the replies. They have been very helpfull.

Astrid99[/b]
spot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Address: 3 Green Street Address:22 Ridge St
City: London City: Potts Point
State :London State: NSW
Zip Code: W1K 6RW Zip Code: 2011

That's one hell of an address !!!!

Others will now come along and explain why ....not that it means alot Smile

BTW AOL + Ebay protection + cheap car + money transfer = Romanian car scam.

I'm disappointed that you didn't get the fake Insurance with it.

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like they forgot to delete the old addresses^

That email addy [email protected] is working
Quote:
Validation results
confidence rating: 3 - SMTP
The email address passed this level of validation
without an error. However, it is not guaranteed to be
a good address. more info
canonical address: <[email protected]>

and the site confirmation-transaction.com seems fake and just setup to use a "believable" email address. Fake Bank guys will likely kill this one for you or teach you how you can do it easily.
Quote:
Address lookup
canonical name confirmation-transaction.com.
addresses 216.239.32.21--216.239.34.21--216.239.36.21-- 216.239.38.21
Domain Name: CONFIRMATION-TRANSACTION.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS25.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS26.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Updated Date: 16-aug-2008
Creation Date: 16-aug-2008
Expiration Date: 16-aug-2009
Nicely hidden owner
Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: CONFIRMATION-TRANSACTION.COM
Domain servers in listed order:
NS25.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS26.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
For complete domain details go to:
http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?Domain=CONFIRMATION-TRANSACTION.COM
of a Google site
Network Whois record

Queried whois.arin.net with "216.239.32.21"...

OrgName: Google Inc.
OrgID: GOGL
Address: 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
City: Mountain View
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 94043

I didn't see the strange link? If... PM me

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi again
Luckey, thanks for the link. I'll know not to shiver in terror if I get a threat. I have not heard of the Recovery Scam. I haven't been asked for money but I'll call my bank using a statement ph. no just to make sure the claim has been lodged and it's all legit. A double scam would not be funny!!

GomerPyle thanks for even suggesting I might be savvy enough to send a virus intentionally. My security tells me the attachment sent with the eBay confirmation is unsafe, could be nothing!! I had to uninstall a couple of freebies cause they kept tuning off my regular security.

Spot, my mistake, the address I gave the lad has defaulted left so the ID down the left is the lads. I Guess you had worked this out!!

Thanks Spot and bill2, I am impressed. Wow if I've given anything usefull it would be a great reward for 15 minutes of entertainment with the lad.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic