SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Console wars in 2009

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ex. is right, the PS3 uses a Nvidia 7800 GTX whereas the 360 uses a custom built ATI chipset, custom built for console gaming rather then the standard PC card Sony used. One reason behind the GTA IV delay on the PS3 is that the creators couldn't get the game running at a decent fps which wasn't a problem on the 360. The PS3 does have the faster CPU however.[/quote]

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Ex. : I stand corrected, but I knew I read it somewhere Smile

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50004

It appears only the 'Cell Evaluation System' had the SLI setup.
This never made it to the commercial version apparently. Never bothered to check anyway because of it's pricing.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

No worries, an educated person is better than a non-educated one. However, in the end, to each man his own. I've always said that if you really wanted a true home entertainment machine, a HTPC running Windows Media Center and a couple other choice programs will be much more amazing than a console. A PC running the following:

Windows Media Center/Media Portal/TotalMedia Theatre
+Pinnacle Game Profiler
+wireless mouse and keyboard/controller
+Blu-Ray drive
+TV Tuner card
+A good video card
=One badass living room.

Also forgot to mention, PS3's best games are available multi platform. This is including but not limited to, COD, Madden, and GTA.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am one of the old farts that remember the days when you had to wait 5 minutes to load a game from tape (audio tape, that is Wink ).
I had good times with my ZX Spectrum clone and good ol games like Saboteur, Saboteur 2, Elite, Chuckie Egg 2 and Dizzy games. Then I went on straight to PC's. First time I played NES games was when I bought a cheap chinese clone some years ago. From then, I expanded my collection to Commodore 64, Amiga 500 and 1200, Atari Mega ST, Sega Megadrive, Acorn BBC B and Master, Nintendo 64, several PS1 and a PS2 (unfortunately, does not read DVD's, so it's only PS1 games I play).
Mainly, I am a PC gamer. The games for the old stuff, I use emulators. Only on special occasions I fire up my Amiga 1200 (had a 170 Mb hard disk, now replaced with a 4 Gb CF card) or the consoles.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an XBOX 360, and have had it since launch day.

I have had problems with the early unit, and had to return it 3 times under warrenty. I never had a problem with the process, and had gotten back the console within 5 days, postage paid both ways. I found MS very good at handling the problems.

I recently purchased a NEW 360, as the processor has been updated, and uses less power, and is much more reliable. The early units suffered from a heat issue, and the new units run much cooler and quieter.

Hardware issues aside, the 360 has the best games hands down. Graphics are great, comes with HD cables in the box (Sony makes you buy them), works with universal remotes (Sony uses bluetooth...like your going to make a phone call with your PS3!), and has a very robust online service.

The 360 works seemlessly with my home PC. Both Vista, and XP, can share photos, music, and video without a hitch with the 360. I can also stream Netflix movies from my PC onto the 360.

The 360 doesn't have onboard Wi-Fi, but as a gamer, I have little use for Wi-Fi. Signal strength can vary, and that affects gameplay. I run an ethernet cable directly to the unit.

The PS3 does have a Blu-Ray player on board, so that is good. It also has Wi-Fi, but I don't really see that as an advantage, as I use wired. It has a lackluster online function, and the much-vaunted "home" is "lame". Do the google. It's taken 3 years, and after launch....sucks.

My kids have a Wii. Fun for them, but the graphics are sub-par at best. And as MS has recently lowered the "Arcade" version of the 360 for $199 USD, the Wii is actually $50USD more expensive.

Any games released for the 360, PS3, and Wii, you will notice the Wii version is completly gimped as it doesn't have the horsepower to run the latest games. The only reason I got it for the kids is so they can play the sports games and nintendo only games such as "Cooking Mama" that my girls love.

Got Guitar Hero World Tour for Christmas, and it is awesome family fun. The 360 plays it well, and the insturments are great. Getting my inner drummer out is a fun time!

In closure, I would get a 360. Better games, better console (hardware issues are waning, particularly on new consoles. Plus MS give a 1 year total warrenty, versus 90 days for Wii).

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic