SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

off topic discussion

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kobayashi Maru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

blah wrote:
Hi scammer-girl!

Until we have proof that it really is female, I think "scammer-thing" should suffice. Very Happy

lotta wrote:
Kobayashi Maru wrote:
I assume this was lotta's doing.

Not at all. I leave my name next to edits.

Thanks for letting me know you leave a silver bullet at the scene of the crime. I promise never to falsely accuse you again. Very Happy

Quote:
Although I do agree that not all scammers are from Nigeria.

So do I. Razz I said "most" (as in more than half), not "all". Please see my explanation/disclaimer/retraction above. Smile I stand corrected.

<off topic> Very Happy
Breddan Butter wrote:
Kobayashi Maru wrote:
Then contact the UK fraud police. It's very unlikely that the person who picked up the money is still in the UK. He or she probably went back to Nigeria already. But there's a slight chance, and if the person is still there they might be able to catch them before they have time to leave.
This is highly unlikely to be correct.
It is more likely to be the case that the scammer has a contact in the UK.

To me that seems riskier… for a UK citizen to get involved. Though I admit I may be wrong, and the above quote was just a likely scenario according to my personal opinion and the way "security company" lads in Amsterdam seem to operate.

Quote:
It is also very likely that the UK police will be totally disinterested.

Sadly I agree with you on this one. But my take on it is… if victims don't report the crimes, then it's certain the police will take no action. It doesn't hurt to try. Wink

Quote:
Kobayashi Maru wrote:
[Mod Note: Not true!!]
I assume this was lotta's doing. Very Happy

That was actually my note. See my comments below.

Thanks for letting me know. See apology to lotta above. Wink

Quote:
Kobayashi Maru wrote:
Côte d'Ivoire doesn't have such a bad reputation… yet.

Actually, Cote D'Ivoire has a higher percentage of the population involved in scamming than Nigeria has.

I have no idea what the statistics are, so I won't argue with that. I was only talking about reputation, as in… what's the first country that comes to mind when you say "Internet scam" to someone. I'm sure most people will say "Nigeria". Russia would probably win second place.

I will do my best to underline that my opinion is just that in the future. Wink

<back to topic>

lotta wrote:
Please do be very careful of people and websites that tell you they can help you get your money back. It is another scam designed to steal your money. In particular be very careful of a site called antiscamers.com.

Yeah, that's who I was thinking about a few posts back. I thought it might not be a good idea to specifically name a forum member, though. But you being an admin and all… Very Happy

Kobayashi Maru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

weareborg wrote:
Quote:
Many Russian women have the natural beauty, brains, and the value system that makes them more than ideal for men from many other cultures

With respect, let me tell you these Russian woman and also the Rumanians and Ukrainians are hard as nails. They have to be to live and survive where they do.. If you think western women are hard and unfeeling, or when an Aussie Sheila tells to Go Fook Yourself.. There nothing compared to Russian Pussy.

I've been baiting them for close to 10 years, they will tell you, what you want to hear, promise you what you wish for, show you photo's of whatever you want to see, and steal the pennies out of your eyes when your dead. And there good, really good, You will question yourself many times, if there the genuine articile. You will feel sympathy for there plight, You will think about sending them cash.

And if you don't pay up when you say you will, they will drop you, and all the love they have for you at the same time.

I know we're getting way off topic here, but since Rromario made the original post… If a mod wants to split it… Wink

I have to take exception to your post and ride to the rescue of the reputation of Russian/Ukrainian women. I've never been to Romania so I won't comment on that. But are you talking about women in general from these countries or scammers? Because those are two very different things.

I only met 5 Russian women personally. And one of them is tough as nails. She's my mother-in-law. Very Happy Though she would never try to cheat anybody out of their money. Just don't try it on her and you'll be safe. Razz The others are my wife and her friends, so that's likely not an accurate sample of Russian women in general. But I can still tell you they are all exceptionally nice and honest girls.

I've met several Ukrainian women though, of various ages and none of whom knew each other. So that's a better sample. The only one who ever asked me to send any money was to pay a deposit on an apartment rental… which she spent at least a day making phone calls and running around Kiev visiting them so she could find the nicest one at a reasonable price. Yes, I know there was risk involved in sending money, but it was a small amount and I needed somewhere to stay during my visit. The vast majority of them were very nice and friendly, and none of them tried anything weird on me. A few I would honestly describe as angels, and with the exception of my wife, were the nicest girls I'd ever met anywhere in my life. She had some tough competition. Very Happy

This is based on my personal experience during a total of about 6 months over there, so of course I do not claim it to be a guarantee of what all FSU women are like. That being said, I think the original quote sounds like those cheesy ads you often seen on the homepage of many FSU "dating agencies" for Western men. I think it's over the top and not an accurate depiction of reality. They're sweet… but not that sweet. Wink

Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kobayashi Maru wrote:
I know we're getting way off topic here,

I couldn't agree more! But then again, as Breddan Butter wrote, you do have an opinion on everything ...

But just out of curiosity, what do Russian girls (of which you seem to have extensive knowledge) have to do with Rromario and the subject of this thread?

The photos he received are of a British model, and the sender is almost definitely a lad from Lagos. Therefore, your "expertise" in Eastern European chicks can hardly help our friend who got scammed.

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will agree that when you talk about cutural groups you cannot use absolutes to describe them. It is always a bell curve with a statistical majority in the middle. Unfortunately for many cultural groups the statistics do show SOME evidence that backs up the anecdotal.

Eastern European women do have a tougher environment to live in. Some would be "hard as nails". Others will be soft as kittens. The Western culture definately paints the peak of the bell curve on the hard as nails side.

It is like everything in our society "believe none of what you read and only half of what you see". Challenge any fact you hear and do your own research.

(Don't get me started on Wikipaedia...... Very Happy )

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry but I simply don't understand why you did not post your contribution on "Rromario'' thread, where it belongs, and where I would answer it, As it is, both "Joaquin and Larry" have replied and said all that needs to be said.

Moving quotes from thread to thread can be confusing and disruptive, and extremely difficult to trace , if your attempting to access a thread subject.

However if you do have a problem, with me and with what I wrote, perhaps you would care to supply a e-mail address via PM and we can discuss it OFF board and in private..

Something about apples and barrels come to mind.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
However if you do have a problem, with me and with what I wrote, perhaps you would care to supply a e-mail address via PM and we can discuss it OFF board and in private..

I think that would be best all around. Kobayashi Maru, please take this to PM.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

weareborg wrote:
I'm sorry but I simply don't understand why you did not post your contribution on "Rromario'' thread, where it belongs.

I split it to this new topic as it was derailing Rfomario's thread.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154566

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic