SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Console wars in 2009

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gaz
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With 2009 merely hours away, Ive been thinking about how far technology in games has come in the last 20 years. When I was a lad (no, not that kind of lad Laughing ) I had an NES, a Sega Master System, and a Sega Mega Drive.

Since then, Ive stuck with Sony. The PS1 and PS2 have been in my house since 1998, but recently, Ive been converted.

Santa brought me a Wii, and Im totally sold on it. Even the simple games like Wii sports are fantastic, and by the looks of things there are alot of good games on their way in 2009 (Dead Rising, Prison Break etc) and with the Virtual Console, I can go all Nostalgic and show my daughter what games I played when I was wee.

I was tempted to go for an Xbox 360, but I opted for the Wii as its wireless enabled straight from the box, and there are no subscription fees to pay.

At the moment, the PS3 is totally out of my price range and doesnt have enough good games to merit buying one. If it went down in price, I may consider it, but that probably wont be for a while yet.

So, at the moment, Im a Wii man (no jokes please lol). What is everyone else alligning themselves with for the coming year?

"Also believe in the Nectarines and hail them as my eternal forefathers and universal leaders"- Sir Frederick MacGregor

"THIS NONSENSE ACT OF YOURS HAS CAUSED ME LOOSING UP TO $350 USD ALL TOGETHER TO GET TO KASTINA SINCE ON MONDAY!!"- Barrister Usman Bello

"WHAT HELL ARE YOU ? YOU ARE A MAD MAN, YOU NEED TO BE CURED BY YOUR OCCULTIC MEMBERS, I CAN SEE THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN YOUR BRAIN" - Barrister Harry Brown

"YOU ARE GOING STUPID , ARE YOU OUT OF YOU MIND ? YOU FOOLISH WHITE MONKEY AND YELLOW PIG."- Barrister Isa Usman

www.mustdestroy419.talkspot.com
Safari - 600 Miles from Lagos to Katsina
Mortar x12
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am a PC gamer. I shall remain so until I get fed up with the problems it presents.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
MeridianAlicante
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm more of a console watcher myself, but I'm a PS3 girl (well, and Nintendo DS Smile )

The Wii is a bit gimicky for me, there's no real serious plotty games that I know of, its just about the control system. But for parties and the like, its great fun (we have one for the new years party tonight on a 50" TV at a friends house Smile )

The Xbox 360 has better games, but we borrowed one from a friend, and we had to nursemaid that thing something chronic. It was this friends 4th, and everytime it made the slightest strange noise, or hung on something for too long, we had to turn it off.

PS3 has good games, Home is showing some promise, and its got a built in blue ray player. It is more expensive than the other consoles, but I do think that it has good value for money.

And that's my 10p on the subject Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x 7 Mortar x2

Fake Cheques: $150,000

"May God bless you? Happy exams in advance Thanks," Mr. Herbert Horsey

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Same as Ex. so I'm getting a new desktop next month.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wii. I don't do much gaming, but for parties nothing beats the Wii. Playing bowling or other fun games where you can beat the (@#$(&* out of your friends while intoxicated is great fun.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Gaz
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
other fun games where you can beat the (@#$(&* out of your friends while intoxicated is great fun.

You should try a game we invented, its a bit like boker but involves alcohol and a carpet runner.

Its fun until someone loses an eye!

"Also believe in the Nectarines and hail them as my eternal forefathers and universal leaders"- Sir Frederick MacGregor

"THIS NONSENSE ACT OF YOURS HAS CAUSED ME LOOSING UP TO $350 USD ALL TOGETHER TO GET TO KASTINA SINCE ON MONDAY!!"- Barrister Usman Bello

"WHAT HELL ARE YOU ? YOU ARE A MAD MAN, YOU NEED TO BE CURED BY YOUR OCCULTIC MEMBERS, I CAN SEE THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN YOUR BRAIN" - Barrister Harry Brown

"YOU ARE GOING STUPID , ARE YOU OUT OF YOU MIND ? YOU FOOLISH WHITE MONKEY AND YELLOW PIG."- Barrister Isa Usman

www.mustdestroy419.talkspot.com
Safari - 600 Miles from Lagos to Katsina
Mortar x12
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I was a kid, we would play stick-ball. Laughing

Last console I had was the N64 about ten years ago now... I used to get 3 friends around and we'd get drunk and hunt each other down on "Goldeneye" before trying not to break into fights over "Super Mario Kart". I spent way too much time on it, so I got rid of it and haven't owned one since.

I had a go on GTA San Andreas on a colleague's PS2 at work some years ago... my god, you could lose weeks of your life on that thing. I just don't have that sort of time that I can afford to waste. I'm too busy stealing cars and beating people up in real life.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A friend of mine bought his nephew a Wii, his sister said it was broken so he went to take a look, she had it set up upside down, with the suction cups facing up Rolling Eyes Laughing

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A PS3 is a great buy if you want the system and do not own a Blue-Ray Player yet..

Plus you can download/rent movies on it too!

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Playing ball hockey on the street still tops my list. Never have been much of a gamer. there were always too many girls to chase. The kids are focusing seriously on the Wii. However, they still like to keep the N64 plugged in to play Zelda.

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[rant]
I've seen the rise and fail of the computer, the first ones, huge and slow, programming with cardboard cards with holes punched in it, one mishap, card gone, cards not in the right order, nervous breakdown of the computer Laughing
Then the MSX computers, hooked up to the TV, data on a cassette deck, took a hour to load a sizable program and with only 8mb to play with, write them carefully and clean. The Atari ST with the first floppy, the MBI series with a hard disk of 5Mb. This was going to chance the world! All houses on a computer that will control everything just the way you want it.
And now with 1000 gig storage, 3000Mhz fast or faster, an entertainment center where you can play pre-programmed games until you drop. They don't learn anything, can't even control a switch to my coffee maker when it hears me getting up in the morning, even repetitive actions are too hard to learn. I'm disappointed in the development there, they are faster, but I'm still waiting for them to finish whatever they do. Confused
And then those frigging criminals with their scams, they are the only ones that actually have profited from the Internet. Rolling Eyes
[/rant]

Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DITTO!!!!

Some days I just need to go outside and putter in the garden.....

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Man wrote:
I don't do much gaming, but for parties nothing beats the Wii.

Same here, I don't have any of those toys, but I was at a party last week and we were in the basement playing Wii tennis, it was remarkably fun. But after swinging around a 4 ounce chunk of plastic for several hours I found it difficult to lift my arm the next morning. Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have fond memories of playing Atari2600 as a kid. We currently have a PS2 and barely touch it, though I've been known to occasionally kick some butt at Guitar Hero. Cool (Go ahead and pick on me again, Jojo).

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(Off topic slightly)
@Ima: There was a rather fiery discussion on a guitar board that I frequent just recently.
The OP had the opinion that kids who play guitar hero should maybe try picking up a real guitar and learning to play on 22 frets and 6 strings, rather than just 5 plastic buttons, then they might really see what it takes to be a "guitar hero". He got flamed like mad! I was really surprised, many of the guitar players basically said "it's just a kids game, let them play".
I actually felt bad for the OP, it sometimes seems that things come too easily for kids nowadays. Miserable git that I am! Laughing Don't get me wrong... I see the appeal of a bit of harmless fun, I just thought he might have a point.

(On topic): My first computer game was played on the Sinclair ZX81... it was a daft maze thing in black and white, and I was unimpressed. The Spectrum came along very soon after... all that buzzing and whining while the tape player took 30 minutes to (sometimes) successfully load your game. But what an improvement. Colour, sound, a bit of graphics!

It does still amaze me what new consoles can do and how far they've come.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing

I do think kids spend too much time with electronic gadgets these days, video games included. Real experience over virtual should be more encouraged.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Santa left 'guitar hero world tour' for my kid this year. Although he is having real guitar lessons as well, I've never had him see have some much fun with his xbox 360, playing a complete band with three of his friends, Bass, guitar, drums and singing all together at the same time. That, and online fighting guitar or drumming battles, I sometimes wish I was still a kid. Gaming has come a big way since the commodore 64 I adored in my youth.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Dramaqueen
Juan's stalker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We really enjoyed "The Legend of Zelda Twi1ight Princess" on the Wii.
I was really sad when my son beat it and it was over. He also had a Mario one I liked too. Mario Galaxy I think was the name.
I beat him every time in bowling tho . They can be very addicting. But so can baiting Very Happy
I enjoyed the Atari when I was younger too.

"why are you stingy over me" Craig
"you are causin me much frustration" Frustrated lad...
"stop makin me feel like mess and shit" Craig
"if not i will fall off from a cliff and God will kick your bud for murdering " Diamond Mo
" shot the fuck up you silly irrational bitch" V1ctor
"they make jest of me cus they tthink i am waisting my time and money talking to you" Ted
Click here to support 419Eater.com
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I played ping-pong when it was a slot machine. and my first personal computer had 256 bytes of memory.

The PS3 has the obvious edge in terms of technology, and I'm a technology geek. I just can't afford one and I'm too much of a technology geek and a Microsoft hater to buy anything else.

I would lay odds that the PS3 is not subsidised. It is that price because that is what it costs. That's certainly how Sony handled the PS1 and PS2. Unfortunately Microsoft do not have the same marketing plan, and can discount so far that Sony are losing out heavily. Unless Sony change their minds the PS3 is going the same way as Betamax - that was Sony too - and 2009 is probably when it will happen.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The PS3 is good in terms of capabilities, even though the Xbox has a better video card. However, Xbox is actually more user friendly and offers better games, which is the core purpose of the systems. PS3 tries to sell itself as a home entertainment system, not a video game system, which is why it's failing. As I stated above, PC loses a lot of hassle involved with consoles and creates new hassle as well.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ex. : AFAIK PS3 has the best video card (even 2 cards in SLI if I remember correctly), so technically superior.

As I see it: the wii is the family game console. The one that gets you actively involved in games by the way of controlling games with the wiimote.

The xbox is the hard core gamer console, and the PS3 the hard core gamer + multimedia adept, but that has it's price.

(side note: I've never seen my kid more physically active involved playing the drumkit in guitar hero 4 on the xbox more than any wii games he played)

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I learned on punch cards also but love the consoles. I bought a Wii a few years ago from a big box store. I saw a pallet of them and put one in my cart while watching 7 being taken. I love everything about it except the resolution. This year I watched a pallet load of PS3s sitting in the same big box store for a month. I bought one simply to make the time at home memorable for the kids. The PS3 really needs a HD monitor that has a HDMI connector to show what it can do.

Edit to add: I know nothing about XBox 360.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate

Last edited by Connie L. Gus on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Dutch

Sir I believe you are mistaken.

http://www.edepot.com/playstation3.html#PlayStation_3_Hardware

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1818127,00.asp

The Xbox 360 has 512 MB GDDR3 of VRAM with a 256-bit bus clocked at 700 MHz whereas the PS3 has half the amount of memory with half the bus size although clocked at the same speed. The Xbox 360 puts out 25.6 GB/s while the PS3 lags at 22.4 GB/s. 256 MB GDDR3 (e.g. Geforce 8600 GT) is the standard for PCs today. Mid range PC video cards are 512MB (Geforce 9600 GT) while the top of the line are 1GB (GTX 280). The fact that Sony achieves the graphics it does now is amazing me actually, as they can't do much more with it. In Microsoft's case, they could easily blow PS3 graphics out the water, but due to cooling restraints and possible anti-trust lawsuits, they keep the graphics modest enough to make the two similar. Plus, Xbox 360 uses DX9 compared to PS3's OpenGL. Clearly, Xbox 360 is the greater console.

As far as the criteria of the uses of both systems, Xbox has better games hands down. PS3's releases can barely compare, with Resistance 2 being the only PS3 game in the top ten sold, while Nintendo and Xbox 360 ravage the sales and reviews. The PS3 is a good home entertainment device, but is lacking on the gaming front. However, with Xbox 360's new GUI, the NXE, they have extended the media capabilities of it greatly, and the Xbox can also stream media content straight from your PC via networking. The PS3 may have Blu-Ray, but the 360 allows people to rent brand new movies in HD straight from the Internet and their homes, which is actually pretty nifty. If they do decide to make Blu-Ray compatible for Xbox 360, the USB bus will be than enough to handle it.

drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i use my ps3 for talking to my bro`s. i`ve been playing lots of cod4. waiting for killzone 2. i`ve been doing drive by`s with my mate in gta.
-typical conversation
me- hows the wife and kids?
him- fine, jack a car and shoot some guys
me- can we race,
him- as long as we do atleast a few drive bys...
me -sure thing !

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still consider myself a PC gamer foremost. The consoles I have are the older PS, PS2, Nintendo, and Super Nintendo. I've got an atari but can't seem to get it to work Crying or Very sad I just moved the storage box containing the Commodore 128, some day I'll find some space and set it up. If I had the extra money, I think I'd choose the Wii for my, er, the family's next console.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic