SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

i am a victim of a fraud

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rromario
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i want to ask important question. Is it possible to be in other country and to get money there. But i were sending money London,UK.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Rromario,

Yes, the scammers will pretend to be somewhere they are not. They will ask you to send money to the UK, but will be able to pick it up anywhere in the world.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Rromario
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

quote of previous post removed, no need to quote the post above yours. -Ima

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked really? they can pick up money anywhere in the world? because she told me just to write to her MTCN number from WesternUnion. and thats it.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought you had mentioned that you used MoneyGram, not Western Union.

Regardless, yes, scammers only need the information about the payment and can retrieve the money from locations other than that to which it was supposedly sent. Scammers often pretend to be in the UK when they are really in West Africa.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Rromario
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

both WesternUnion and MoneyGram. WesternUnion blocked my all info. because they know that i am already been defrauded. but i didn't believe them and i went to Moneygram. And now i do believe them! haha. but its too late to change it. And how you know that they are in Africa? i checked her IP address. and All her ip from Nigeria(Africa) all emails from Nigeria
Kobayashi Maru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not surprising that that they are from Nigeria. That's where most scammers come from. <<<<<<< [Mod Note: Not true!!]

Look at the long post I wrote on December 26th. There is a lot of useful information and questions for you there to understand what happened exactly. Wink That's why I asked you to check with Western Union and Moneygram to know if the money had been collected in the UK or somewhere else. They will be able to tell you that.

lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rromario
As I explained to you in pm's earlier today, the scammers location is irrelevant when it comes to picking up money. Regardless of where they are in the world, all they need is the security question and answer.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This lad is now communicating with me. Let's see how it goes. Will keep you posted.

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah

Last edited by Joaquin on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Email sent.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Rromario
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kobayashi Maru wrote:
It's not surprising that that they are from Nigeria. That's where most scammers come from. <<<<<<< [Mod Note: Not true!!]

That's why I asked you to check with Western Union and Moneygram to know if the money had been collected in the UK or somewhere else. They will be able to tell you that.

Yes. thanks. i do remember. When i went next day to check. i ask If money were transferred or no. They told me yes. in London UK. And they told me money were picked up exactly in London,UK. Because these people has all info where i sending and when exactly money were picked up. Yes i remember this moment. 100% sure. All my money were picked up in London,UK
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rromario

I have responded to your pm. Scammers often work in groups or gangs. So if the money was indeed picked up in London and your scammer is in London, then he is working with someone in the UK and sharing the money.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Kobayashi Maru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Then contact the UK fraud police. It's very unlikely that the person who picked up the money is still in the UK. He or she probably went back to Nigeria already. But there's a slight chance, and if the person is still there they might be able to catch them before they have time to leave. Especially if some baiters are making them think more money is on the way soon. Twisted Evil Of course, they won't be able to do anything about the people in Nigeria, but catcthing one of the gang would already be quite a victory. Give all the information you have to the police.

Telephone number: 011 44 207 230 1212
eMail: [email protected]

Better to call. They might not read their eMails often. Remember that they're 7 hours ahead of where you are. Wink

Edit: Rats! lotta beat me to it! Maybe my posts are too verbose. Embarassed

Quote:

I assume this was lotta's doing. Very Happy
[disclaimer]
Well, of all the eMails that fall into my catcher account, more than half trace back to Nigeria. Though Côte d'Ivoire is rapidly catching up. Strangely, many of the Côte d'Ivoire ones are sent on Nigeria time, so I think some lads are travelling with their laptop. Since Côte d'Ivoire doesn't have such a bad reputation… yet. Wink That was the basis of my comment. Of course, I do not guarantee that the contents of my catcher account is a valid statistical sample of all scammers. Razz And obviously it does not include vlads which rarely eMail random strangers, but prefer hanging out on dating sites. So maybe I should have specified "most 419 and love lads"… according to my humble opinion. bow_down
[/disclaimer]

lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Then contact the UK fraud police. It's very unlikely that the person who picked up the money is still in the UK. He or she probably went back to Nigeria already. But there's a slight chance, and if the person is still there they might be able to catch them

Lads do not need or use their personal id's to pick up money. They specifically don't ask for a large amount for this very reason. The security question and answer is all that is needed to collect the money.

Quote:
Quote:

Not at all. I leave my name next to edits. Very Happy
Although I do agree that not all scammers are from Nigeria.

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very sorry to hear about your encounter with these people "Rromario"

Unfortunately your money is gone and is NOT recoverable.

you might find in a week or two , you will get a sympathetic e-mail, from someone telling you how sorry they are that you have been scammed, But they run a money recovery service, and there is a very good chance they can recover your money. IF you would care to send them
X dollars, to start the investigation

this is also a scam, ignore it, and delete it from your computer

It's simply a case of double dipping. If you used a genuine personal e-mail address, it might even be worth considering changing it via your ISP, or even just make one letter upper case, and then inform your genuine friends of the change.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

By a PM received, bringing my attention to a post published in another site, I also believe that it is very possible that this scammer is reading this thread.

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been helping Rromario via pms and suggest nothing more get posted here.

I'm a bit confused Joaquin as a search leads me nowhere else. Confused
I've checked the ips and the lad has certainly not signed up here. Let me know if you want to update, and I'll move this behind a login.

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

Rromario
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yes she is watching,reading my every posts,she knows when i joined this site,date,time. She is here. But i don't know who is she.
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rromario wrote:
She is here. But i don't know who is she.

Good.

Hi scammer-girl!
Daddys coming for you! Mr. Green

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Doit Pruitt
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FWIW, I posted this on the Publish Your Work board last week... this is the same person Rromario has been dealing with...

i've also been contacted by the same individual several times on Yahoo Messenger...

hey smartgut,

i saw your work on

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153965

the day you registered on scameaters.com,i was online there too and i am a menber and i have a profile too.....i could even live so close to you,but you cant tell...well here are some infos you think were wise,well mr Doit Pruitt,i am watching you closely and i know you so much now and i know alot about you,i hope are fine now,stop fooling yourself and find better things to do ok-

I am very rich...i know you want to gather facts from me,so you will go paste on that scam site which am also a menber on.....well you didnt make a fool of me,i was making a fool of but was playing along..anyway,i am richer and better than you and also i am watching you...your brothers have paid me a whole lot....

i am a don and i have houses and cars from those who have paid.,.my cheapest fee was like 45000$,i knew you were not a material to kill,i was just working with you..

go check it out,you did a great job on there...come to russia and dine with me when you are chanced,you are a real truely big fool who doesnt have sense...

yours

LENA...
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
Rromario
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yes. this is her names, Lena,Cassie. She told me her name Cassie and she has best friend Lena. This is what she told me on December 26

I AM READING AND WATCHING YOU,I AM A MEMBER OF SCAMBAITER TOO,AND ITS ALSO A SCAM RUNNING ON THERE OK,I AM VERY CLOSE TO YOU AND I EVEN SEE YOU DAILY,I GUESS YOU ARE SURPRISED,HAHAHAHAHA,WELL I AM SOMEONE YOU KNOW AND SEE EVERYDAY BUT YOU DONT KNOW YOU WRITE ME....
hey dear
i am not lena,i am cassie bradford for real and that lady you see on there is the thief,well i hope you dont go about hurting yourself,we better work things out and be together ok...
yours
CASSIE...

and these emails from SUREWAY TRAVELLING AGENCY LIMITED LONDON. our ref-147
16 SHERWOOD DRIVE,
SHWERWOOD
LONDON,U.K.
MR CHARLES DULUEM{cashier,{ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT}sureway travelling agency LONDON,UK}

i only know that she is a professional Scam-woman. No real information about her. Fake names,id's,address,emails. I saw movie Untraceable(but FBI woman in the end find this killer) so i think someday someone will find her.if not then i don't even care who is she. even if she had 1 million dollars cash,i don't care. I am more happy and all other victims more happy than robbers,because we are more smart than her. She is crazy. We are not. And there is a man too with her.(because he call me on my phone and told me he is the manager,cashier,whatever from the agency) they are working together to steal money from people worldwide.
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<off topic>

Kobayashi Maru wrote:
Then contact the UK fraud police. It's very unlikely that the person who picked up the money is still in the UK. He or she probably went back to Nigeria already. But there's a slight chance, and if the person is still there they might be able to catch them before they have time to leave.
This is highly unlikely to be correct.
It is more likely to be the case that the scammer has a contact in the UK.
It is also very likely that the UK police will be totally disinterested.

Quote:
That was actually my note. See my comments below.

Quote:
Côte d'Ivoire doesn't have such a bad reputation… yet.
Actually, Cote D'Ivoire has a higher percentage of the population involved in scamming than Nigeria has.

Kobayashi Maru , I appreciate that you have an opinion on everything. However, your posting of misinformation and speculation as if it is fact does not help the cause.
Unless you can substantiate your comments please do not post them and imply that they are factual.
That does not help anyone.
If you want to continue posting speculation then please indicate that it is merely your opinion. You may gain more respect that way and it will also lead to less friction and confusion.

<back to topic>

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Rromario
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

here is info i found on the internet

Flag #1: The Dream Girl

If someone contacts you first with a drop dead gorgeous picture and every word you receive from her paints her as the perfect woman in all respects, than there may be reason to be cautious until you have verified she is who she says she is. Many Russian women have the natural beauty, brains, and the value system that makes them more than ideal for men from many other cultures, but they are humans and there will always be signs of human nature in dealing with them.

It takes time for two people to get to know one another and a proclamation of deep love rarely comes within a few email messages or a couple talks over the telephone. Real love matches with Russian women do happen quite often, but it does not happen over night. If you are contacted by what seems to be your ultimate dream girl who just magically fell instantly in love with you, then you will need to proceed with some caution.

Flag #2: Cash Flow

If your dream girl starts making requests for money before you have really developed a close relationship, or if her messages are always filled with talk about needing money, then you may be dealing with a Russian dating scam. A scam artist will tug on your heart strings and make you think they need money for a good cause, then ask you to send the money through wire transfer. The problem with wire transfer is there is no telling who is actually receiving the money on the other end, and there is no way for you to get the money back once it is sent.

There are a number of excuses used by in a Russian dating scam to get you to send the money. They may claim their internet connection will be lost if they do not have some particular sum of money quickly. Other times they will claim to be madly in love with you and say they need money to pay for airfare to come into your country. Remember that the process of taking a Russian love interest or bride into another country is not simple. She will not be able to just hop on a plane and come right over, so if you have a woman asking for money to pay you a visit ask more questions before wiring her the cash.

One option is to turn the tables when you think you may be dealing with a Russian dating scam. Instead of sending her money so she can visit you, offer to buy a ticket and come visit her in her own home. A woman who seriously wants a relationship with you and is in love will have no objections to this. In fact, most will be happy since this keeps her safe and secure in her own surroundings while getting that first face to face with a man she may want to spend the rest of her life with. If you are in fact dealing with a Russian dating scam, of course you will get a very different response.

MOD NOTE: It is customary and respectful, when quoting someone else's work, to give credit to the original author.
The above text appears to have been quoted verbatim from here:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Russian-Dating-Scam---How-Not-to-Get-Burned&id=1780709 [BB]
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rromario

Please do be very careful of people and websites that tell you they can help you get your money back. It is another scam designed to steal your money. In particular be very careful of a site called antiscamers.com.

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Many Russian women have the natural beauty, brains, and the value system that makes them more than ideal for men from many other cultures

With respect, let me tell you these Russian woman and also the Rumanians and Ukrainians are hard as nails. They have to be to live and survive where they do..
If you think western women are hard and unfeeling, or when an Aussie Sheila tells to Go Fook Yourself.. There nothing compared to Russian Pussy.

I've been baiting them for close to 10 years, they will tell you, what you want to hear, promise you what you wish for, show you photo's of whatever you want to see, and steal the pennies out of your eyes when your dead. And there good, really good, You will question yourself many times, if there the genuine articile. You will feel sympathy for there plight, You will think about sending them cash, You will continue to check there Headers of there e-mails to convince yourself they are really scammers..

And if you don't pay up when you say you will, they will drop you, and all the love they have for you at the same time.

Don't believe me, try baiting one as a woman. If she really is a woman you might get a couple of e-mails, then nothing, simply because the Pussy powered e-mails won't work..

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I find it extremely rude that this thread is constantly derailed and taken off topic. This is Rromario's thread to discuss what has happened to him. I have split the last "off topic" posts to another thread - you can continue your discussion there.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154827

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic