SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Please help to advise

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
confused
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Two weeks ago, I was in a dating n friends' website n i knew tis single dad. He gave a touching profile on how much he loves his son. So I contacted him thought it would be cool to give him some encouragement.

Then i got to know his son n was told he got leukaemia.

I even spoke to the son on the phone. He said he was in london. He really had a london number, but also a nigeria number. I felt strange.

then few days later, he said his son had a relapse

n coincidentally Nigeria has a bonemarrow on blackmarket for him to come over. He said he brought money n went

then he realised his money not enough... so he was so desperate, even crying on the phone to me, begging me for help.

I was so worried that I prayed for him n his child n helped him ask around for money to help. At first, i sent usd 400. then he said not
enough so i tried to ask for other help. then i sent another 1400usd.

then he said finally he got the marrow but Nigeria ppl needs h im
to bribe them to get the bonemarrow thru redcross back to england.
then he said he needed usd 1500.

I thought it would be great to help the child cos his condition apparently turned worse

Then in the end, he didnt expect Nigeria cab drivers charge so much processing fee... and so on... I felt so strange at tis point. when i questioned him, he got angry n frustrated... he sounded really pitiful in the phone...

What do u think of tis case?

Do u have some advice for me?

thanks

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry to tell you that you're being scammed. Evil or Very Mad Stop all contact with these criminals. Don't answer their eMails anymore. From your story, I get the impression they have your telephone number? If they do, do you have a caller ID service on your telephone so you know when it's them (or another number from Nigeria) calling? If it's possible for you, do not answer their calls anymore. If they do manage to call you without you knowing in advance that it's them, do not say anything and just hang up. If they have your address they may write you a real letter. If they do, don't answer it of course. Just keep it as evidence for the police. Eventually they will forget you and look for another victim. Did his son's number begin with 4470? If it did, he was not in London. This is a forwarding number which can be transferred anywhere, often Nigeria.

I'm sorry you lost so much money to these scum. Sad Everything they told you was a lie. There is no son with leukemia. There is no black market bone marrow in Nigeria. All lies to gain your sympathy and take advantage of your generosity.

Unfortunately there's very little the police can do about them because they're in Nigeria. Your money is likely gone forever. Beware of any people who contact you saying they can get these criminals arrested or recover your money. This is a lie and another type of scam. Do not answer anyone who tells you such things. They are only trying to steal more money from you. It might even be the same people who already scammed you pretending to be someone else.

Contact your local police for more advice. Tell them the whole story with all details and they will be able to tell you the best way to stay safe.

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Confused,

Welcome to 419eater

I am sorry to say but all the signs point towards it being a scam.

If you could please post the email address and some of the early emails I can look into it for you.

The UK phone number you mentioned, it was most likely a UK redirect phone number, it will redirect calls to any other part of the world that the scammers desire but appear to be a UK number

You can also get some great advice from www.scamwarners.com where many of us are also members, Scamwarners is more about victims and at the moment it will be of more use to you.

The best advice I can give based on what you have told us is for you to definately dont send any more money.

Stop all contact immediately

If you have given any of your bank details, contact your bank today and tell them that your bank details have been compromised by a scammer and ask that the account details be changed

Post up as many details as you can at Scamwarners in the love scam section, I have put a link to that section Here you will need to register, when you do, register with a username that does not identify yourself and one that you have not used anywhere else, "Confused" will be fine and the members there will be able to give you some great advice.

When you are ready, we can teach you how to bait these scum but for now, you need to learn how to identify them.

I am so sorry that you have had to learn about romance scams in this way.

Edit,
Beaten by Kobayashi Maru Wink

@Kobayashi, have you ever considered spending some time at Scamwarners, your advice is spot on Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
alembic42
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmmmmm

It takes a thief to catch a thief.

I hope i have cleared an air way to make every thing convenient for us. Do you still have more alibi to prove?

In response to "Did you get laid on the weekend?" : Yes we do collect laid during the weekend here

Closed lad accounts
Brandy120
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok it's me Brandy
it is not the same person
i am sorry about what happened to you

thanks for the info
good luck

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Despiccable. I hope these bastards rot in hell.

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic