SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Weekend site monitoring

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Astrid99
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there

I am new and hope I am posting correctly.

I'd like some info about duty of care in relation to internet sales sites weekend monitoring. I have posted some monitoring ads on a sales site, that have been deleted or restricted over the weekends. Fair enough, they were against policy! However this site's admnin staff have told me that they are unable to monitor the site over the weekend and this is why reported scammers posts do not get deleted on the weekend. This is bizarre. Someone is obviously seeing my posts and deleting or restricting the size or deregistering my sign in over the weekend. If so, why aren't the very obvious scam ads deleted immediately as mine often are.

This site has scams in every category. After years of trading and surfing the net, a couple of months on this certain site and my PC was infected and my credit card hit (but I will recover the money).

I have baited a scammer with the divorcee line and ebay transaction cover from this site. I have the payment details they emailed me etc.

Does anyone have any info about this bizarre experience?
Great site. Well done!

Cheers

Astrid
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

huh? Confused

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ ^ ^ I believe the OP is referring to Due Diligence and not duty of care.

Some hosts and those who run websites like those he is speaking of would be well to familiarize themselves with the concept of Due Diligence when it comes to dealing with scammers.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
bill2
Baiting Guru

Welcome here, I think I get what you want to know, but not to sure about it though Confused
Quote:
If so, why aren't the very obvious scam ads deleted immediately as mine often are
What site are we talking about? scammers will set up sites to collect data and victims so if it's one of those anything can happen.
Give us a link please

Baiting Guru

I think the poster is saying that a forum or site they advertise on is not moderated at weekends, leading to the sort of chaos and spam you would get if we moderators only worked a 5 day week.

The poop to be scooped on a Monday morning would be something to behold.

Whether they have a duty of care, or whether it has anything to do with scambaiting is another matter. I guess phone lads could do some damage over a weekend. Maybe the site should disable posting when they cant be bothered to moderate it.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the poster is also saying that post that he/she has made on weekends have been removed (apparently during the weekend), but posts made by obvious scammers are left up - with the excuse that the site is not monitored over the weekend - an obvious dichotomy. Confused

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Astrid99
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the quick replies. I am surprised.

I would like to work out if Gumtree Australia support the scammers intentionally, in some way. The fact that someone is getting at my ads on the weekend means someone is on line with admin rights.

What has this got to do with scam baiting? I hope to gather enough info to give to the Australian Broadcasting Authority or other agency to make the site clean up its act.

I also wonder if the scammers have found a way to gain admin access to gumtree and delete any post they find unfavourable.

Anyway, Gumtree Australia, as you all probably already know has heaps of scams in every section. I liked to post an ad and then watch the scammers change their ads in response.

Sorry about the confusion. I just wonder if anyone has any info that may help me bait whomever needs baiting on this site.

Thanks Heaps
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater and tell us more. Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have read your post and its contents are well understood. How can we help you figure this out?

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gumtree Australia Classifieds – Free local classifieds seems to be a legit website, so if... there's a bad apple in the basket or someone lost a key

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic