SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Stupid car.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was driving the wifes car back here tonight, on the motorway, when I think the head gasket went. I casually looked at the dash to notice the temperature gauge was off the clock. Twisted Evil God knows how long it had been since I last looked. Rolling Eyes

I tried putting the heater and blower on full and opening the windows, don't laugh, it got us home in a Sierra from nearly the same place once, when the water pump went.

The cats, in baskets on the back seats shouted at me in a rage. I managed to get the temperature down from 'off the scale' to 'red', not enough, really.

I soon gave up and rang for the towtruck, rather than kill the engine. 90 minutes. Stupid sent me a guy who could've got me home, but was about about to go off shift. Ordered me a flat bed, and said another 90 minutes. I went ballistic enough to get one in 20. I told the guy I was leaving, after 20 years, to join the other lot.

It still runs fine, but with the sort of white smoke that means you could only sell it at night, in a gale. (I did that once, if anyone here bought a Mercedes 190 off me about 10 years ago, I can only apologize.)

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I know what you mean.

First, I'm sorry your car acted up. I'm sorry your cats got mad at you, and I'm sorry the AA took so long to get to you.

I also know about selling cars that are not quite up to snuff. I once sold a car that burned oil at a furious rate (a quart of oil had to be added every time I filled the gas tank). When I took the car in to trade it in for a newer one, I put in the thickest oil I could find. At least there wasn't as much blue smoke coming out the exhaust. The dealer knew what I'd done, though. He still gave me a decent trade-in on it, because it was a model that had been a limited run and he wanted it for his collection. Very Happy

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
It still runs fine, but with the sort of white smoke

Yup. Either head gasket, cracked head, or cracked block. I hope it's only the head gasket.............
angusmactavish
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My sympathies, I once had a Mercedes Diesel that went into the extreme overheat mode about 25 miles from home. I almost got it back home but unfortunately the radiator literally burst. Seemed the radiator was the original problem so a quick trip to the scrapheap for a new one and a few hours of twisting wrenches and I was back in business. This beast had about 200k miles and I believe you could have shot it and it would have kept running.

Also had a Volvo that I had to run the heater full blast in the middle of summer to get it to the repair shop for a stuck thermostat. My feet were burning so badly from the heater that I had to pull over a couple of times to let it cool down. In those days I had the rarest of rare commodities...a competent and honest mechanic. Mind you, he was expensive, but well worth the price. If I (rarely) wasn't satisfied with the work, he would do whatever it took to make me happy at no additional charges. Those were the days.

Listen, my contact with you in this transaction does not warrant you to insult my personality for any reason. - Godwin Luis

United Kingdom Cayman Islands Bahamas, The United Kingdom Bahamas, The
Cayman Islands Cayman Islands Netherlands Nigeria Netherlands Safari Mortar x18
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a leaky head gasket (it was replaced about 2 years ago, but has started to leak again) and my car doesn't blow white smoke...my husband said a cracked head would cause white smoke...he used to be a mechanic...

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

~ Harry Bawls,

sound about right take radiator cap off and fill with water & see if it bubbles Crying or Very sad might be lucky and it could be manafold caroded and leaking into motor but im thinking the same as harry Crying or Very sad

many years ago i went 200miles + round trip to pick up brother inlaws car mechanic said at lest head gasket . All it was was a pin hole in heater hose and it was misting onto dissy & makeing it miss 5$ hose Wink but he would have paid the mechanic for a full head job Laughing if i hadnot gone and picked it up

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually you did not say if it was out of water, coolant, or whatever was in the thing..
Any knocks, lack of power, did you check to see if the oil was a white colour, any water dripping out the exhaust

And it could also be something as simple as a blocked radiator, if the fluid is not getting a correct flow, it will overheat.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
angusmactavish
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and, hypocrite that that I am, I used to reset the OBD codes in my car before going for my annual emissions inspection. However, the state now mandates newer hardware at the inspection stations that detect such scofflaws as myself. Yes, I know, I have to breathe the same air and drink the same water as my neighbors. Embarassed

Listen, my contact with you in this transaction does not warrant you to insult my personality for any reason. - Godwin Luis

United Kingdom Cayman Islands Bahamas, The United Kingdom Bahamas, The
Cayman Islands Cayman Islands Netherlands Nigeria Netherlands Safari Mortar x18
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

White exhaust sounds like more than an overheating problem.

Time to look for bubbles into the radiator overflow bottle and the milkshake on the oil cap and dip stick. Not looking to blame anyone but when was the coolant last changed? The anti corrosive packages only last so long on the green coolants, and only a little longer on the reds.

I had a neighbor that asked me why her oil level went up not down. Only thing I could think of if measurements were being taken at the same temperatures was coolant leaking past a corroded head gasket. The milkshake confirmed it. Her nephew changed the oil and poured in a pint of head gasket fix in a bottle 5 years ago. Its still going.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

White smoke = (mostly) steam
Blue smoke = (mostly) oil burning

(mostly is a disclaimer that allows other things can cause said problem)

When a head gasket "goes", it means it no longer does its job of sealing, so it all depends on what leaks into what. It sounds like there is now a path between a waterway and a cylinder, which may mean no water in oil (yet) so the oil could still look clean - white emulsion is water in oil.

As has been said above, any bubbles in the coolant? Does the coolant smell sightly of exhaust? (harder to detect in these days of cleaner engines). Is the coolant system getting over-pressurised? (coolant blowing out of the overflow). If it's petrol, is one plug a different colour from the others? (not conclusive as a small amount of steam may not change the combustion characteristics too much, but this could show the problem cylinder)

It may not use much water (at first), as you don't need a lot of water to make a lot of steam. But you can say one thing - it won't get better on its own.

BTW, a cracked (or warped) head or cracked block can cause all above symptoms (again, it depends what's leaking into what).

I had a 3-litre Ford that let go on one head gasket (V6) at max revs in kickdown in a most spectacular fashion (white smoke completely obscuring overtaken cars, all following traffic and most of opposite carriageway - I think some guys behind put their fog lights on). One replacement head gasket and it was as good as new.

Alloy heads and engines can be a little more.......delicate.

[Edited for typo]

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence

Last edited by Old No. 7 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Never drive a motor if you think it's blown a gasket. Always take it to a garage and get it checked out. You can end up doing a lot more damage and it'll cost you a lot more cash.
I drove mine thinking I could reach my destination and cracked the cylinder block in three places. What could have been a relatively quick and cheap job ended up costing me 7 days stranded in the middle of nowhere and £1500.

Mine was an aluminium block too. An added pain in the ass.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the cold light of day, all seems well. very strange.

The odd thing is that the water level hasn't dropped at all, which seems a must for a head gasket.

At first I though water pump, when it was overheating the radiator wasn't hot. However, when the AA man loosened the heater bleed screw, a jet of water shot out, so the pump looks OK. Maybe thermostat stuck closed, or a blocked rad?

No smoke this morning, it did it when restarted after the first 90 minute cool down, when the AA man arrived. I am sure it would overheat again if I went for a drive.

Our local gararge is still on holiday, but the car will be going in when he gets back.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just tell him that after talking to a bottle of old no 7 and a squirel called slightlyoutofit that said you should take it to a mechanic were they can take the moter out with a skyhook and fix it. Ow and tell him to send the bill to MR angusmactavish Laughing Laughing Wink

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
The odd thing is that the water level hasn't dropped at all, which seems a must for a head gasket.

I had a tiny leak in my reservoir bottle that let the pressure out. I could drive it for a month without the level dipping (and did). It didn't make a noticeable difference to the water level at all. When I changed the bottle (I noticed a bubble around the crack), it led to the pressure building up and the entire block cracking.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

there could be an air lock this happens some times . run it with the cap off and turn the heater on to . squese the hoses and feel if they have scale in side of them All radiaters run about a 1/2 inch from the top when at running temp alot of people fill them all the time thinking there using water but as they get hot they spurt it out to the over flow bottle and it should suck it back in when it cools down if every thing is working right Laughing

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Old No. 7 wrote:
I had a 3-litre Ford that let go on one head gasket (V6) at max revs in kickdown in a most spectacular fashion (white smoke completely obscuring overtaken cars

I had a "lifetime warranted" water pump fall apart on a red line, max G force, scoot across a highway. Most of the radiator fan and its clutch went through the radiator core. It was a cool day and steam was everywhere.

Don't overheat the engine again, but if it does turn over, do so every few days so that it does not seize.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Should've bought a Nissan.. Very Happy

Dare say it's a bit nippy for the Harley at this time of year.

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have blown a head gasket but kept driving until I was closer to town before giving up. The engine was toast. Luckily it was a rental....

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic