SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

B*st*rds have hacked my personal email account!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just checked my personal RL hotmail account, and it seems someone has sent out spam to all my contacts... some of my friends ain't too happy with me. Sad

Obviously I've changed the PW and reported it to MSN.
Question is... does this mean my own computer has been hacked into? A keylogger maybe? Or has someone just hacked my hotmail account?

I've run an AVG check, and there doesn't appear to be anything nasty on the computer.
Can I ever use the MSN account again (i.e. is changing the PW enough) or have I lost it?

If it's any help to anyone, the spammers are sending out adverts linking to [email protected] and [email protected]

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Fich80
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In my opinion I think you're fine... I think you might have been phished... I don't think that there is too high a chance someone hacked your computer, a keylogger is more likely, but since AVG says no, I don't think so, go download Clamwin (another anitvirus program) and just double check, but overall it's my best guess that you were phished. Check the IP of the headers of the emails sent and see if it was your IP that sent them. If so then it is more likely that your computer was hacked. Otherwise, as I said three time now, I think you were phished.

But these guys might be bait able....

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu wrote:
Question is... does this mean my own computer has been hacked into? A keylogger maybe? Or has someone just hacked my hotmail account?

First and most obvious answer is just that someone is spoofing your email address. Get one of the headers that was sent to an address on your contact list and take a look.

Next on the list, it's possible it's just your email that's been got at. It's doubtful though if you can still get into your account. Someone would have to guess the answer to your personal question and then change the password. Dude, above says you may have been phished but you've got to be some kind of dipshit to have hung on Eater as long as you have and fallen for a phish. Believe it or not, I give you credit enough to reckon that you haven't. Very Happy

But to be on the safe-side, I would go for a full reformat. If you've got a KL installed and if it's a decent one, a virus scan will just ignore it. Like I said, probably just a spoof but a reformat will give you peace of mind.

Whatever you decide, I would ditch the account. Spoofed, phished or KLed, it's now compromised.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fich80 wrote:
But these guys might be bait able....

Oh I don't know... I just killed off his hotmail account already. I don't mess about. He's a spamming phonelad at the end of the day so I'm not wasting time with him.

60.10.210.196 China Langfang is the IP that sent the mails... so hopefully my computer is okay.

It's unlikely I was phished... I'm very careful with that sort of thing (been here too long for starters).

Ah well. Thanks for the suggestions.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing I can't imagine you falling for a phish.

As Slightly said, it could be spoofed. I've gotten a ton of "bounces" before that weren't sent from my account.

What you're describing sounds a lot like this situation as well: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148923&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Fich80
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
Dude, above says you may have been phished but you've got to be some kind of dipshit to have hung on Eater as long as you have and fallen for a phish.

Just to make it clear, I was not saying Mugatu was some kind of dipshit. I've read enough of his posts to know he's smart, but plenty of my friends in the last three weeks were phished, and I know some of them are extremely cautious. We type in our passwords so much these days, you just stop looking eventually... Also I use a mac, so I tend to forget how prevalent Keyloggers are.

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
First and most obvious answer is just that someone is spoofing your email address.

If the emails are in your sent mail folder, then your address wasn't spoofed.
Plus if they emailed all his contacts, they couldn't have gotten that by spoofing.
Slightlyoutofit wrote:
I would ditch the account. Spoofed, phished or KLed, it's now compromised.

I would disagree. Don't ditch your account, change the password (as you already have) make sure it's a secure password. The thing that I would do however, is if you use that password anywhere else, change it.

Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with the spoofed theory. That has happened to my business email account a couple of times and it's a real PITA. Evil or Very Mad

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fich80 wrote:
Just to make it clear, I was not saying Mugatu was some kind of dipshit.

Go on. You know you want to.
OK. I'll say it.

Mugatu is some kind of dipshit.

Laughing Laughing

@Mugatu.

If it's a Chinese phone-lad, it's almost certainly a spoof. Little buggers have a long history of spoofing any account they come across based in the West. They send out so much spam, they need any account they can get their hands on. If you want to keep the account, you can probably try to weather it out. They might move on in a couple of weeks. You'll have to let everyone in your contact list know what's going on though.

edit. Hang on. They've sent mail to your contact list. AFIK nobody can do that unless they're in your account can they?
edit again Just noticed that Fitch has already pointed this out.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Owd Git
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in no way an expert on this interweb thingy so this is a question about spoofed accounts really, but would the lad be abole to access mugatu's contacts if it was only spoofed Question

"You have thought me never to trust any man." Paul Williams
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ ^ ^ No, they would not.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my baiting accounts gets a load of spam from, er, me. Shocked

I think an angry lad is chucking out or forwarding spam spoofing my email, because I have upset him in some way.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On the other hand, is he sure they did? A really wide ranging spam run or virus using his address* may hit enough of his contacts to look like it did. However the headers and the account's sent-box will tell the tale.

I would add though, that any other service using the same password has to be assumed to be compromised.

----
* I did a Google search for my personal email the other day, and it shows up on an anti-virus website as being used by a trojan. So that's why I get so much crap.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to confirm, yes they got into the actual account... I still have no idea how that's happened. The spam was sent from the account, I checked the sent file, and got the IP address (as stated in post #4).

I've copied then deleted all contacts, and closed it down, and opened a new account elsewhere.

I think I've done all I can. Thanks again for the suggestions. (even the rude ones from SOOI). Laughing

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check your IP and hotmail addys sent box. If the IP on these emails is different from yours and the sent box isn't showing these emails then you've been spoofed.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've found stuff in my spam folder from "me" that isn't ever in my sent mail. Does that imply spoofing?

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^sounds like someones spoofed your email addy and put you on the receivers list.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Mugatu, if they definitely hacked your account, and it wasn't by phishing then the most obvious answer is a keylogger. Have you got Spybot Search and destroy? If not, I'd recommend you get it, update and run a full scan. Trust me, it will find all kinds of stuff the others miss. Clicky

A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

im a noob but how do we know that this down load is the real deal??? i googled it and your down load looks different to the one i googled Rolling Eyes

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^It's the real deal. I use Spybot and just updated it last night!

Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A SKYHOOK wrote:
im a noob but how do we know that this down load is the real deal???

FileHippo is solid, but if you are ultra paranoid, here are the official download mirrors from the site. Click

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wink Wink why does a free down load need my credit card details ????????

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Filehippo is 100% risky free, honest. I've been using it since about 2000 and never had a problem. Wink

Keyloggers generally create a text file, then upload it to a site where the hackers can access it. It's a good idea to type some random stuff, like "nastykeylogger" in notepad, then delete it, then do a search of all text docs created/ modified in the last week, and see if that exact phrase turns up, (in advanced options select search system and hidden folders.)

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Roger, I downloaded your suggestion. It found 29 further problems (mainly advert trackers) but it's all cleaned up now.

188.com haven't killed this guys addy yet, but the hotmail one is gone.

Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you have an e-mail titled "New shopping - New life"?
Friend of mine did. NO trace of a virus, no reports in anti-virus forums of it being one, but it deleted all of their address book and sent the spam message on to all the contacts. Sounds like it could be what got you. Suggestions are that some Chinese password hackers are at it again.

Some reports here:

long link

Is that the one that you had?
Have a look in your sent items if you haven't already, see if it's been passed on.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Chinese hackers are legion, and you can read more stories about others who have had their hotmail accounts hacked here:

Hotmail account hacked and contacts spammed.

There are a LOT of comments on the article from people with similar situations.

To be on the safe side, you might try downloading and running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It has a free version with which you can do the full scan and remove whatever it may find--the paid version just adds real-time protection.

You can download it here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Even if your problem isn't malware-related, it is an excellent application to have on-hand anyway.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic