SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Vladese language notes

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Collider
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's still 2 weeks to Christmas for me Wink and I have nothing better to do... so, hopefully this could help somebody.

GRAMMAR
1. If a clause lacks verb, it's is or are. You my prince, I your princess.
2. If a clause lacks subject, it's usually they. whom call Lena = whom they call Lena = called Lena.
3. Note the following substitutions, which can work both ways:
a = the. I want to have the child.
that = what. I will write, that to me will tell = I will write what they will tell me.
more (than) = any longer. I can not be than one more = I cannot be alone any longer.

DICTIONARY
century, in for one century - forever (indicates illiterate vlad)
colors - flowers
deduce, in deduce from itself - to bring to anger, to make smb. lose control
execute - perform (music)
expensive - dear
favourite - beloved
float - swim
friend - 1) male friend; 2) friend (prep.) friend - (prep.) each other. Doesn't imply friendship. Ex.: They were enemies friend to friend.
girlfriend - female friend
leather - skin
learn - teach (that's simply the same verb in Russian)
peep, in I peep - food, meal
prepare - cook
priest - ass
road - darling
shower - soul; It becomes joyful on a shower - it brings joy to (my) soul.
write, in write down in - sign up for.

Dictionary update: Thanks to Kobayashi Maru, Stepan Fetchit.

Last edited by Collider on Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kobayashi Maru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Good idea for a topic. Wink

a few more that come up often:
float = to swim
prepare = to cook
structure = profile (on a dating site)

The colours and flowers one is cute. Same word in Russian. I think you're a native Russian speaker, but for those that are not… Wink I'm attempting to learn the language, but it's difficult.

2 of my vlads kept talking to me about wanting to share a shower with me. I asked my (Russian) wife to explain it to me. But since that translation error is just too funny I still play on it just to confuse them. Very Happy

My Australian persona, in response to my vlad's inquiry on whether he liked to float… was the he prefered it to sinking. Very Happy

I had another of my characters who is an engineer have fun with the vlad who liked his structure. Smile

@Collider
Счастливого Рождества потом! ("Merry Christmas later!" for the non-Russian speakers) I don't know how to say "in advance". Embarassed

Collider
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, I've added 2 words, and hesitated to add "structure" because I still don't get how that could happen. But isn't "cook" also a possible meaning of "prepare"?

Спасибо Very Happy
"In advance" would be "заранее", but it would require the phrase to be built upon omitted "to congratulate" rather than upon omitted "to wish". That's why Russian is so difficult Smile
Trickster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Iam working five vlads right now and they all have almost identical scripts . the I am a grade school teacher and a dancer. Just like yours. It is like using a scrable board with missing letters to read some of it...
Kobayashi Maru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Collider wrote:
hesitated to add "structure" because I still don't get how that could happen.

About half of mine are using translation software to convert letters obviously written in Russian. There must be a Russian word which means "profile" or "form" that can translate into "structure". "Анкета" maybe? They might all be using the same software. Very Happy All I can tell you is that several have told me they like my structure. Laughing And from my limited knowledge of Russian grammar, I'm sure they're talking about my profile.

Quote:
"In advance" would be "заранее", but it would require the phrase to be built upon omitted "to congratulate"…

Пожалуйста! Smile I assume that would be pronounced "zaraneye"? But what would it be with an omitted "to wish" then? Razz

This thread is turning into a Russian lesson. Smile I hope you don't mind. I've been trying to coax my wife into talking to me in Russian sometimes… without too much success. Wink Though I understand that from her point of view, it isn't very interesting having a "conversation" with someone who has a basic vocabulary of about 100 words, and can only string simple sentences together.

Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a couple of old threads with some of this, including 'dirty stuff'.

'I want to smell your leather' has something to do with oral sex.

'Priest' was penis, I think.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Collider
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Thanks, I've listed those.

Quote:
There must be a Russian word which means "profile" or "form" that can translate into "structure". "Анкета" maybe?

I don't know such a word Embarassed I see only one way for "structure" to be mistranslated, and that's from "device" (устройство). Could the lads tell you that they like your device? Laughing

Quote:
This thread is turning into a Russian lesson. Smile I hope you don't mind.

PM sent Smile

Quote:
I've been trying to coax my wife into talking to me in Russian sometimes… without too much success. Wink Though I understand that from her point of view, it isn't very interesting having a "conversation" with someone who has a basic vocabulary of about 100 words, and can only string simple sentences together.

Would be funny if you could bait vlads into giving you free Russian lessons on the phone Smile
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kobayashi is right, "structure" is one of the most tell tale signs that you have a scammer, especially from a dating site.

My profile on mybelovednet lists my interests as "goat rearing" and states that I am 45 and live with my parents. I don't have a photo.

When a pretty 26 year old girl tells me she "likes my structure" I have the green light to bait. Smile

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Kobayashi Maru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Collider wrote:
I don't know such a word

I've seen it used on a few Russian language dating sites. From what I understand it means "form". Here's a few I used to have profiles on that use it:
http://loveme.ru/
http://love.bigmir.net/
http://www.favorites.com.ua/love.php

I met several very nice Ukrainian girls in Kiev this way. Smile The other advantage is; no scammers. They hang out on the English language sites. One good argument in favour of learning some Russian. Wink

Oh, and sorry I forgot to answer your question about "cook" and "prepare". "Prepare" is a more general word, and can include auxilliary activities like setting or decorating the table. "Cook" is more specific, and means to prepare food using heat. For example: you cook a steak, but you prepare a salad. From my understanding in Russian the same word is used for both. And even for other activities like in English. As in "prepare a speech". I think when Russians say only "to prepare" they assume we are talking about food according to context. Is that correct?

Sometimes I get the impression that Russian a a less specific language than French or English. For example, "arm" and "hand" use the same word, or "leg" and "foot".

Mugatu wrote:
Kobayashi is right, "structure" is one of the most tell tale signs that you have a scammer, especially from a dating site.

Or that you're talking to a real Russian/Ukrainian girl that only speaks a little English and uses translation software. Razz A few of the girls I ended up meeting in Kiev said that to me. Wink But with your baiting profile, especially on an English language site, if an exceptionally attractive girl says that to you… 99% chance you've got yourself a scammer. Mr. Green

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic