SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How do you know if a Cat is a Stray?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably sounds a silly question but I'd appreciate any advice?

My partner and I are living in a tiny little flat, then I got pregnant and had our son and now we need a bigger place. We're moving to our new house in the next couple of weeks.

There is a cat that I've been feeding for a month now. I thought it was a stray but since we're moving I have to be sure, because if it really is a stray then I'll take it with us, but if it already has a family then I can't.

I don't want to 'catnap' somebodys pet Shocked but if it is really a stray then I'm taking it with us when we move. It's just hard to know what the situation is and I have no idea how to word that 'note'. You know the kind of collar that has a little cylinder with space for a small handwritten note that you can say his address and the telephone number if he gets lost? I was thinking about one of those, but I don't know how to word the note!

Advice anyone on that? I'm thinking of putting a collar on him and a little note in the collar that asks if anyone else owns him and if nobody responds then I'll know he's a stray so I'll take him with us when we go Very Happy

NOBODY IS TRYING TO TRICK YOU MADAM. ALL I ASK FOR IS THE INFORMATION OF WHICH YOU USE IN SENDING THE $575. SO KINDLY SEND IT TO US--- Ad@m Ben$on

YOUR SON 1S ASK1NG ME TO TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH HOLD1NG THE S1GN *1 LOVE DA1SY DUCK*, BUT MADAM CONCERN1NG TH1S TRANSACT1ON 1 FEEL THAT YOUR SON 1S TRY1NG TO EMBARASS ME---Ad@m Ben$on
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How about writing on the note:
Is this your cat? If so, you better call me, or I'm taking him with me when I move, on this date.....signed, Daisy Duck, and your address.

And take a picture of it, and bang on doors in the neighborhood, and post signs around too, and look for someone who admits it's their cat.??

If you can't find the owner, take the cat...if he eats for you, and keeps hanging around, he probably prefers your company, anyway. Cool

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Humans don't own cats, cats own humans.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sir scam alot wrote:
Humans don't own cats, cats own humans.

*nodding*

SlapHappy wrote:
How about writing on the note:
Is this your cat? If so, you better call me, or I'm taking him with me when I move, on this date.....signed, Daisy Duck, and your address.

And take a picture of it, and bang on doors in the neighborhood, and post signs around too, and look for someone who admits it's their cat.??

If you can't find the owner, take the cat...if he eats for you, and keeps hanging around, he probably prefers your company, anyway. Cool

Good advice SH but it's not a decent neighbourhood. The next door neighbour on my left runs a Crack den and on the right is a violent alcoholic. The only reason we don't get burgled very often is because I once found the (alcoholic) neighbours door open and went in to find him stabbed on the floor and called an ambulance for him. Since then he's warned most of the other people in the neighbourhood to not bother us but it's not the kind of neighbourhood where you want to start conversations with people. Another reason why we want to leave (obviously). We don't want our son to grow up around here anyway.

The only decent people around here are us (obviously! Wink ) and the elderly and the asylum seekers. The Asylums seekers are quiet and polite and don't bother anyone and the elderly have been here long enough that they are respected and left alone. Most others are pretty intimidating.

edit: if you want to know where I live then type 'Gun Crime Capital of England' into a search engine... It's not Liverpool, it's not London... but we live in the centre of the worst area of this place... Rolling Eyes

NOBODY IS TRYING TO TRICK YOU MADAM. ALL I ASK FOR IS THE INFORMATION OF WHICH YOU USE IN SENDING THE $575. SO KINDLY SEND IT TO US--- Ad@m Ben$on

YOUR SON 1S ASK1NG ME TO TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH HOLD1NG THE S1GN *1 LOVE DA1SY DUCK*, BUT MADAM CONCERN1NG TH1S TRANSACT1ON 1 FEEL THAT YOUR SON 1S TRY1NG TO EMBARASS ME---Ad@m Ben$on

Last edited by Phoebe on Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

doesn't sounds like a respectable place for a cat...

I would take a photo & print up maybe 10 of them ... with your current phone number (it'll change when you move right?)

Just in case it isn't one of the elderly's pets..that would be sad...but leaving a cat behind to defend for itself is sad too...

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I feed an opossum that lives in my backyard. There are two neighborhood cats that come over for a free meal too. One night a raccoon showed up but hasn't been back since.

Anywho, the cats, I know who owns them so I know they are not strays. My point is I guess if the kitty knows where some food is he or she will show up even if they have their own home.

The note is a good idea but why not just ask your neighbors. I don't think cats stray too far from home so if he does belong to someone then the chances are it's a neighbor that lives close to you.

What condition is the cat in? Is he or she fixed?

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ivana wrote:
doesn't sounds like a respectable place for a cat...

Just in case it isn't one of the elderly's pets..that would be sad...but leaving a cat behind to defend for itself is sad too...

Exactly what I'm thinking too. You just said exactly what I am thinking.

It won't last long around here without anyone to look after it but if it belongs to one of the elderly then I can't take it away.

We got burgled a few months ago and I was in the house at the time! I went to the bathroom to run a bath for my son and he was in the front room playing with his cars. When I came back (I'd been out of the room for less than 2 minutes) the door was wide open and my son was gone. I went running down the street in my pyjama's and found him walking through a car park wearing only his nappy (diaper).

The burglar had broken in while he was still in the room and had taken our stuff while our son was sitting on the floor watching him! The police said we were lucky that he wasn't a paedophile or he would have taken our son too! As it is he took a camera that had a naked video of our son on it! Crying or Very sad When he'd jumped out of the bath and ran around the house naked and I'd been chasing him with a towel and it was cute and funny and my partner had videotaped me chasing him with the towel and shouting 'come back here and let me put your nappy on!'

I hate this place.

Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:

What condition is the cat in? Is he or she fixed?

I've no way of knowing Ghost. I got a look at his/her rear end the other night as I was wondering if he was a boy or girl, but couldn't quite remember how to tell the difference. I once took my cat to the vet to be 'fixed' and the vet told me:

'sorry, can't do that'
me: why, is it because she has a cold?
vet: no, it's because she's a boy

her name changed from Alice to Thomas on that day! Laughing

I'd actually been told that she was a female when I got her and I'd looked at her backside and thought, yeah, she's a girl, but I didn't look again till the vet mentioned it and in that time she had 'matured' a bit and grown a couple of things that I hadn't noticed were there! Embarassed

I thought 'Thomas' is a 2 syllable name that ends in an 'ss' so it's fairly close to Alice (less confusing for her/him) so I changed her name from Alice to Thomas! Laughing

Last edited by Phoebe on Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Could be worded a little nicer:

Is this your cat? If so, Please call me so I don't assume he is homeless and take him with me when I move, on this date..... and phone number.

People are usually afraid of me. My wife says it's because I look like a parolee. Intimidating or not before you take the cat you should talk to your neighbors. Leave one of them a phone number so if someone does come around later looking for his or her cat they will have a way to get in touch with you.

I'd go with the nice elderly folks. Also, they usually know whats going on in the area so if it is someone's cat they might know who's it is. If you are accurate about the crack den and the cat belongs there I would take it anyway and not say anything.

How about a few posters of "FOUND CAT" Please call K7 number. Keep the K7 number alive for three months.

Quote:
I was wondering if he was a boy or girl, but couldn't quite remember how to tell the difference

Seriously? Um...males have testicles and females don't.

edit: My cat is fixed and she's a girl. You can feel the scar tissue from the surgery. Take her to the vet and have him check and while he's at it have him check to see if the cat has a chip.

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card

Last edited by Ghost on Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The ones without testicles and one exit are fixed males, the other ones are or were female Wink
Best get yourself if you can't locate the owner(1), a new cat form the pound(2), fixed and healthy, cats can carry nice stuff that kids don't need to get. And you don't live in a neighborhood now where you want to get in trouble for a cat. Third option, become a cat napper and buy a cage, litter box and food, if there are no flyers out by the time you move you have a cat else turn him loose and it's back to (2)
Or come and pick up Coon, male, not fixed one of the 10-15 strays we got here to feed Wink

Picture removed - Bill2, the cat is very cute, but the image should be no more than 600 pixels wide to avoid forum blow-out. Pachanga Smile

EDIT: Embarassed my bad, thanks Pachanga, I've put up a link instead
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/TimOrthon/CoonfromRaccoon.jpg

Last edited by bill2 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ If a boy-cat has been neutered (retired gentleman cat), he won't have testicles anymore. Wink

The way to tell: A male cat's "holes" look like a colon ( : ) and a female's "holes" look like an exclamation point ( ! ).

I'd go with the posters in prominent places around the building. If you haven't heard from anyone by the time you move, I'm sure the cat will move with you happily.

One thing when you move with the cat - keep it inside for several days so it knows this is it's new home. (I never let my cats outside, period, as an indoor cat lives longer, but a cat that's been outside may be unhappy inside on a permanent basis.)

I hope the cat finds it's true home. Very Happy

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You are all missing the most obvious answer.

Had the same problem years ago - bought a cheap collar - wrote a note on a small piece of paper - gaffer taped it to the collar - put the cat out - next morning the phone rang - it was the owner. Problem solved.

Bonus - the woman who owned the cat had recently broken up with her asshole boyfriend - I ended up consoling her - for several weeks. Laughing Oh! the memories of ill-spent youth. Wink
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's fine ^^if you have decent neighbors, but in this case I wouldn't run the risk for a cat, some people get very protective if you threaten to steel their pet, even if it is a neglected cat. And who do you think they turn to when the cat gets run over and doesn't show up at home anymore?

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:

I'd go with the nice elderly folks. Also, they usually know whats going on in the area so if it is someone's cat they might know who's it is

That's good advice. I'll do that.
Ghost wrote:

Seriously? Um...males have testicles and females don't.

Yes but with my last cat, I checked her (actually his) gender before he was mature enough to have them showing. So I thought he was a girl. This cat has no testes showing, so I guess he must be either a fixed male or a female. I'm thinking he's female. I went to my parents Christmas dinner today and stole a load of prawns and roast chicken to take back for him/her. I think meat is kind of gross but what the heck! Cats can't be vegetarian so you might as well give it to someone who appreciates it! Laughing

Dramaqueen
Juan's stalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Daisy, I think a note on a collar is the way to go.

Bill your cat and my cat look like each other,lol..

He's enjoying the tub here, with no water of course.

Taking over my desk and shoving my things to the floor.

"why are you stingy over me" Craig
"you are causin me much frustration" Frustrated lad...
"stop makin me feel like mess and shit" Craig
"if not i will fall off from a cliff and God will kick your bud for murdering " Diamond Mo
" shot the fuck up you silly irrational bitch" V1ctor
"they make jest of me cus they tthink i am waisting my time and money talking to you" Ted
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cats can travel many miles in their outside journeys. They will eat any food offered them if they are outdoor cats. Try the collar message to see what happens. Sometimes owners don't realize just how far their cats are traveling when they are outside. If the cat will let you pet him feel for a homing chip. You know the ones they inject in an animal and the vet can scan it for information.

Also if the cat is only showing up for food then it just wants a free meal. However, if he/she is hanging around your house and trying to get into your house then I would say it is safe to take it with you. A good cat owner would not let him outside. They would be indoor cats.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
A good cat owner would not let him outside. They would be indoor cats.

Should I feel bad now? Confused
I have a steady population of five females, their kittens and a few walk ins sometimes up to 15 in number, a nice big barn with straw and shelter, all the mice and rabbits they can eat and a straight meal a day, but they never come in the house. I can't even pick them up or catch them easily. I keep the coyotes, skunks and badgers away from the yard, but they're on their own for the rest of the wild life, mostly hawks and eagles and an occasional rattler in summer that might steal a kitten or two.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If the thing was being looked after, you would not be feeding it in the first place. So take the bloody thing, if you must have a cat with a young baby.

Actually it looks quite plump, would go nice with a nice apple savoury stuffing, and a sprig of mint. 25 to 30 minutes in a moderate oven should do it. I'm told they taste a bit like Chicken and Guinea Pig. I'll try the next one I trap, and report back.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Note on a collar (just make sure it is a safety/breakaway collar or it could be a strangulation risk--also know that if kitty has never worn a collar, keeping it on could be a major problem) might work, or take a digital photo of the kitty, make up some quick flyers saying "found" and looking for owner. If these are people you don't trust, it's best linked to a web-based or untraceable number if you don't want to have to deal with idiots later.

Asking the seniors is also good--in my experience, they usually know who's who and what's what.

On the subject of determining sex--testicles are a giveaway, but a neutered male can be difficult to tell from a female--one other key point (besides the colon/semicolon referenced above) is that spacing between the openings on a male is much wider. Coloring can be a giveaway too--if the cat is a calico, tortoiseshell, or torbie--meaning it has true black and red, brown and orange, or grey and peach (dilute), then the odds are very strong (as in 99.99% chance) that it is a female. Color is sex linked in cats, so two X chromosones or an abnormality are required to have both a red gene and a black gene (brown and grey come from the black gene, peach, orange, and yellow are diluted red gene).

I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US, you could call a vet, or you could also call the local animal control, and ask it it is possible to bring kitty in for a microchip scan (you can't always feel one) and to check sex and spay/neuter status (scars can often be felt, but again not always, especially if they were altered very young). Not all shelters/animal control facilities will do that, but I have worked at several over the years in the US who are more than willing to do that for free.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Daisy,

I understand your delima.

When I was in Kuwait, I was adopted by a rather large canine. I don't know if he belonged to anyone, but he became a U.S. resident and lived here very happily for several years.

My last tour in Iraq, a cat decided to befriend me and he still lives here.

I often wonder if a little girl somewhere is crying about her lost pet. It weighs on me hevily.

It's a tough decision and I hope you do well.
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chibuike wrote:
Sometimes owners don't realize just how far their cats are traveling when they are outside.

I didn't know that. Makes sense though since they are very curious animals. My cat always has to be up in everyone's business.

Chibuike wrote:
Also if the cat is only showing up for food then it just wants a free meal. However, if he/she is hanging around your house and trying to get into your house then I would say it is safe to take it with you.

That's what I was thinking too. The two cats that show up to eat at my place don't stick around long. One will eat, play with me for a while, then leave. He does have a bad habit of sitting on the front on this little ledge under a window to the garage like he lives at my place but he does this at everyone's house. He actually lives three door up from me. The other cat eats and runs away when I try to say hello. Ingrate.

The cat that stays to play is obviously an unfixed male. You don't even have to flip him over to see that Laughing My cat wants to go out and play with him but I don't want him anywhere near her with those things of his.

weareborg wrote:
If the thing was being looked after, you would not be feeding it in the first place. So take the bloody thing

Why because it shows up for a free meal. Both cats show up at my house are well taken care of. I don't let my cat outside and she is content to stay inside but just because an owner lets his or her cat out doesn't mean he or she isn't taking good care of it. Once a cat knows the outdoors they want to go out.

About the cat eating thing Rolling Eyes

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You thought about taking the cat to a vet or the PDSA to see if he has a microchip?
Otherwise I'd go with a collar and note along the lines of "I've been feeding this cat. Does he belong to you?" and use a K 7 phone number.
That way its more a friendly enquiry, not an advert that you're moving or could be a constued as a catnap threat

We're sure someone is feeding our cat, even though he is in no way thin or uncared for.
He's a cat
And he wears a reflective collar with a bell
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd take Nannys advice and check for a chip, if not then take the cat. It chose you, cats do that, we had one leave years ago and move in with a family a few houses down they had no other cats and he liked that, as far as we're concerned it's now their cat.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm thinking of putting a collar on him

Will you be posting a picture of your injuries?
Some cats don't take well to collars!

We have a cat, very similar in colouration to the one in the bath picture ^^^ that comes visiting and wolfing down our own cats spare food (which is anything lying around) although he always appears to be very hungry he's well groomed and not at all thin, so I suspect that he lives elsewhere and is just hitting on us for a freebie meal.

If you survive putting a collar on the beast hopefully you'll find out wher he comes from.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

weareborg wrote:
If the thing was being looked after, you would not be feeding it in the first place. So take the bloody thing, if you must have a cat with a young baby.

Cats have been known to have 2 or 3 "owners". They aren't averse to scrounging three sets of meals a day if they think they can get away with it.
I had a regular (totally deaf) feline visitor twenty years ago, but oddly enough he never wanted food. He's walk in, sleep for about an hour, then leave. Never did find out who be belonged to. But my enquiries revealed that about six of my neighbours were also were on his visiting list.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic