SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why do I get scam letters only in Outlook Express??

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lesabre101
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

I have been receiving about 8 scam letters a week but they are always in my Outlook Express mail. I have a hotmail account but never get any there.
I just opened a Gmail account and am using that one to bait from.

I live in Canada. Does that have anything to do with it? I have tried to block them and use spamfighter as well but they still get through.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Hope everybody here has a wonderful Christmas too.

Sincerely,
Lesabre101

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the 'Eater.

It's likely the email address which receives the scam emails is posted somewhere on the internet. Since your hotmail addy is not receiving any, I presume you haven't left the details anywhere, or the lads just haven't found it yet.

Is the email address you access with Outlook Express provided by an employer or your ISP? They may be able to offer some assistance regarding setting up effective spam filtering.

Try a google search for your email addresses. This might help you discover the reason why one receives scam email and the other does not.

Quote:
I just opened a Gmail account and am using that one to bait from.
A wise move, just don't give the scammer any personal information Wink

Have a Happy White Christmas Smile

weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Many ISP's have a system where all the scam stuff is collected and they will send you an e-mail with the "headers" and you can simply click to save to your in-box of delete.. check with your iSP for such a service..

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Bill Ding
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in Canada, too. I get the odd scam email in Outlook Express, though most of the scam emails usually arrive in my Yahoo account.

I forward them to one of my many characters' gmail addresses, and then take care of them using the gmail accounts.

I don't use Hotmail.

"My only concern is for you to keep the secret so that other people will not know what we are doing and may later implicate us out of enemity. This is a begging opportunity which I do not want to miss."

"...the beneficiary can be anybody,it is not mandatory for the beneficiary to be related to the deceased, it does not even matter if you are from different countries, religious or non religious..."

"Due to his wickedness and greediness he plan with high killers and killed my father and pretend that my father was killed by armed Rubber but he don't know that i know his secret."

"I have already made myself clear, and I am completely transparent to you."
lesabre101
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bill Ding wrote:
I'm in Canada, too. I get the odd scam email in Outlook Express, though most of the scam emails usually arrive in my Yahoo account.

I forward them to one of my many characters' gmail addresses, and then take care of them using the gmail accounts.

I don't use Hotmail.

Thanks for the reply. I will probably do that. I've been having problems with my Outlook for awhile and am considering dropping it anyway. My ISP sends me other people's mail sometimes, it screwed up and lost my contacts once. I don't trust it at all.

Anyways, thanks for the help. I am in Ontario by the way.

Happy Boxing Day!! hahah Happy New Year!!!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hotmail is quite effective in filtering out spam and scam emails. Your ISP will detain less probably. Often advanced spam filters are offered as an extra service (most of the time you'd have to pay for those) I often suspect the ISP's minimizing their efforts in spam control just for selling their added services.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dutch wrote:
(most of the time you'd have to pay for those) I often suspect the ISP's minimizing their efforts in spam control just for selling their added services.

iv had a few warning that i have trojons and they say were they are and i need to buy some up date to clean them out ??. funny thing is my spy ware doesnt show them and that was months ago and i didnt up date

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just use the free blacklists from Spamhaus, they're the most comprehensive in existance.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got this RL addy that catches shitloads of spam also. An effective way was to set up the account to forward all incoming mail to a Gmail account I set up. Gmail filters out 99% of the crap. I configured my email client to get my email at the Gmail account, I don't get to see spam. The junkmail is left behind in the Gmail junk folder that I clean out (through webmail) every once in a while (but that's not even necessary as Gmail deletes these automatically after 30 days)

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic