SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Advice needed about pushy vlad

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kobayashi Maru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everybody. I need some advice on one of my pets. I'm juggling a bunch of vlads at the moment, and one did something unexpected.

Here's the relevant info:
1) My character is a high-level civil servant near retirement.
2) The vlad's character is an exceptionally attractive 25 year old Ukrainian girl.
3) First contact 2 weeks ago.
4) We were on our 4th volley of letters.
5) It wasn't reading my letters and sending scripted replies until my 4th.
6) I had just given it a mild slap for getting too serious too fast using the "you're young and inexperienced in matters of love" accusation. I also proposed that we move to the next level by talking on the phone, and asking for it's phone number. It responded by ignoring my request, and proposing that we meet in December!

This one was definitely headed in the travel scam direction. But it's got me puzzled about what it's up to now. It didn't state that it wants to visit me, only requesting that we meet on very short notice and with no mention of needing financial assistance or of any paperwork whatsoever. Surely it doesn't hope to convince me that it can obtain a visa and organize a trip all within a few days, especially since it's lost time by not proposing anything specific? For the moment I intend to stall it with a perfectly logical objection: that this is proposal is unreasonable, especially during the Christmas holiday period.

So, opinions please. Has anyone run into this type of behavior from a vlad before? Do you think I've got myself a pro dater on the hook? Though in that case I don't think she would side-step the phone conversation request?… Or maybe it's just bluffing and wanting to destabilize me? What do you think and how would you handle this?

weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not about to want to talk on the phone, If your expecting a 25 year old dolly, and you get a husky voiced truck driver, who probably can't speak English anyway.. And talking on the phone's simply not on his agenda

Could you perhaps post a photo, someone might recognise her, or have you gone through the lists on Romance Scam, Quite often there listed on there, complete with there script..

You will know when he's / she's / it's off script, the spelling and the diction will fall apart, and the letter will be a complete jumble.

I take it, he want's to visit you.. Well that's not about to happen, any time soon. Sure he want's to visit, but at the appointed departure time, there will be a drama, His granny died [again] , The dog needs the vet, She's been hit by a car, She hit a car. the Visa's out of date, the tickets fake and he's been arrested. Then you will get the "Your the only ONE who can help me" line. And strangely enough, it all involves money and your going to supply it. NOT

It doesn't sound like a dating scam, they normally rattle on about Travelling, Visa's, Presents, Flowers, by the 2nd e-mail.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

May be a pro dater, in which case the scam occurs when you visit.

If so, she should be able to show a 'live' face, on cam...or provide special pics. Smile

Wait a bit, pretend you plan to visit, and see if she is willing or demands to make arrangements for an apartment or hotel, (she'll get a cut).

If it's a pro dater, there's not a lot of baiting you can do.

Since she was using a 'script' (you are sure?) check the headers for the IP and presence of 'the bat!'.
Also google parts of her scripts to see if they've been used before.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Trickster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah the translators they use produce babble most of the time when even on script and when you get them off script it turns to total babble. I use xanax when reading it...lol
Collider
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

English sounds no better when autotranslated to Russian Smile

Russian is my native language, so I can read vlads' letters without prolonged brain damage. If it gets so bad on you, PM me some phrases.
Trickster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I don't doubt that they just don't mesh well together. I can decipher what is being said most of the time but it is an unique experience...
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've always wondered what an english to japaneese to russian "babel fish" translation would look like Twisted Evil

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Trickster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That would be an interesting scenario to play out...
Kobayashi Maru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

weareborg wrote:
It's not about to want to talk on the phone, If your expecting a 25 year old dolly, and you get a husky voiced truck driver, who probably can't speak English anyway.. And talking on the phone's simply not on his agenda

I presume that's why it doesn't want to talk to me live… it is a he. Though its English seems to be quite good. In writing at least. The last letter was not a copy-paste job, and only contained one spelling mistake and a few minor grammar mistakes.

Quote:
Could you perhaps post a photo, someone might recognise her, or have you gone through the lists on Romance Scam, Quite often there listed on there, complete with there script..

I'll look into that. Wink

Quote:
You will know when he's / she's / it's off script, the spelling and the diction will fall apart, and the letter will be a complete jumble.

That's often the case, but not always. Having met several (real) Ukrainian and Russian girls in person, I can tell you that most of them spoke English quite well. One even spoke French.

Quote:
I take it, he want's to visit you.. Well that's not about to happen, any time soon.

It didn't specifically say that it wants to visit me… rather that it wants us to meet very soon. I'm going to interpret that as meaning it wants me to visit it very soon, just to see how it reacts. Of course it will never visit me… unless it really is a girl (extremly unlikely) and I'm paying (it can always dream).

Quote:
Sure he want's to visit, but at the appointed departure time, there will be a drama, His granny died [again] , The dog needs the vet, She's been hit by a car, She hit a car. the Visa's out of date, the tickets fake and he's been arrested. Then you will get the "Your the only ONE who can help me" line. And strangely enough, it all involves money and your going to supply it.

That sounds like a more likely explanation for its odd behavior. (and thanks lesabre101 for the tips by PM Wink) Well if that's what its script is, then I already have an idea for an offer to help it out with all the money it wants… in a very specific way that an honest woman would have no problem with, but a scammer will not like at all. Twisted Evil

Quote:
It doesn't sound like a dating scam, they normally rattle on about Travelling, Visa's, Presents, Flowers, by the 2nd e-mail.

My! You have a talent for attracting the impatient ones! All of mine only started asking for travelling money somewhere between the 6th and 10th letter, with no mention of money before then. Except for the translation scammers of course who are much less patient. That's why I found this ones behavior so odd compared to my other travel pets.

Stepan Fetchit wrote:
May be a pro dater, in which case the scam occurs when you visit.

That's what I thought at the beginning, since it's in such a hurry to meet. But a pro dater wouldn't refuse to give her phone number, would she? I would think she would be happy to get me on the phone to prove she's real and hook me even more.

Quote:
Wait a bit, pretend you plan to visit, and see if she is willing or demands to make arrangements for an apartment or hotel, (she'll get a cut).

That's my plan. Though I doubt it will want to go that way because so far (apart from being in a hurry to meet) this one is behaving more like a male vlad. If it is a pro dater though, I have a plan ready to counter her wanting to make the arrangements.

It was using a pasted script up until the most recent letter. Generic blah blah blah having no relation to what I said in my letters (which are also mostly scripted Very Happy), no answers to any questions, etc. Only the latest letter was off-script… very short, and only referred to my complaint about it getting serious too fast and that it wants to meet soon. It's using The Bat!. Wink

Trickster wrote:
Yeah the translators they use produce babble most of the time

I've been communicating with real Ukrainian and Russian girls by eMail for several years, so I've gotten used to reading Russian style English. It's not so bad once you learn the sentence structure and expressions, and "re-translate" in your head as you're reading. Wink

Collider wrote:
English sounds no better when autotranslated to Russian

I'm sure it doesn't. That's what my wife tells me too. Very Happy I can barely read good Russian, so the bad Russian looks pretty much the same to me. Razz

weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like to play them as much as possable, knowing that later rather then sooner, there will be a money request. Unfortunately you can only change the subject so many times .

And talking about money, does spoil a friendship Wink

And when all else fails and you have run out of distractions, try the old
My ships come in and I'm going to visit you It's worth at least another month, and stops all requests for money,, As you can simply say when I get there we can sort it all out. It's nearly as good as employing a wedding planner. And I had a long running bait "Crash and Burn" over doing that, But after a couple of weeks of nothing, It's back, wanting to have my babies.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic